Cartoon Network Website Shut Down

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Canadian CN website is still up, mainly because it's run by Corus, though that company is struggling too.

I am not surprised at this, I wonder how many kids still went to Cartoon Network website before it was shut down. More writing on the wall for cable. However, it's a bit of a shame that separate spaces for kids are disappearing. I think kids are expected to grow up a lot faster nowadays.
I heard that at its prime the CN USA website was visited in like 160 countries

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I heard that at its prime the CN USA website was visited in like 160 countries

Yeah, I have not been able to access it for years, if I put Cartoon Network into Google, I get directed to the Canadian site.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Not that this makes it okay, but at least they told us about this one in advance. The others shut down without warning (or at the very least word that they'd be shutting down without saying when).

BlooCNBoy02

Speaking of Japan, here is a historic piece I found on the Wayback Machine back in 2023: in the City era, they had an English sub-site!
The cool-looking City animation however, was replaced by a basic Tahoma-written introductory image, and the Flash-based menu at the top was also not translated for the site.
cnwebsite_jpenglish_20060617.png

BlooCNBoy02

Sorry for the double post.

I switched to completely up-to-date mode: I keep two European CN sites (Hungarian, European country selection) open and watching them on random times until the shutdown moment arrives.
Screenshot_20240831_171009_Chrome.jpg

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Speaking of Japan, here is a historic piece I found on the Wayback Machine back in 2023: in the City era, they had an English sub-site!
The cool-looking City animation however, was replaced by a basic Tahoma-written introductory image, and the Flash-based menu at the top was also not translated for the site.
View attachment 310347
so that is where that where small picture of these CN characters together originally came from.... I saw it before while searching on Google.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
View attachment 310347
Japanese channels have always had small sections in English on their sites. It did help that most shows were bilingual and had an English track.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts