Cartoon Network Website Shut Down

Markus Nelis

CN website wasn't active at all for a long time. It made sense to shut it down. The only downside is that the games are gone. We might miss it but there was no different team updating the website as often as they should have done so it doesn't affect me in any way.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Isn't there some kind of Cartoon Network app? I bet that will stay.
Look up schedules? I guess that could be useful, and I'm sure the CN app has that info, though I admittedly don't have the app. But that's not exactly enough of a reason to keep an entire website based on the channel.
I don't think cartoonnetwork.com still had a schedule.
When the European sites got the new look in 2014, starting with CN PT, I was devastated at the lack of schedules and using the Latin American format, which was later adopted in the APAC region. Ain't I a prophet?
The new website design sucked. We didn't like it, children didn't like it either. It closed down because it sucked.

Moe

But it still gave that special meaning about the CN sites. That was one of the main reasons I used to visit it every day.
I visited Cartoon Network website frequently in late 1990s and early 2000s during peak cable TV era.

What more cool back in 1999 and 2000 - you can play flash games on CN website.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The new website design sucked. We didn't like it, children didn't like it either. It closed down because it sucked.
I think I'm a prophet because in 2014 I was like "THEY'RE DROPPING THE QUALITY OF CN'S WEBSITES" and "THE QUALITY OF CARTOON NETWORK IS DECREASING!!!1!". This was when streaming platforms were starting to build their bases and weren't commonplace in much of the world back then.

See how I was a prophet back in 2014?
Probably some other sites will archive the games (I don't promote piracy in any way, just saying as an idea)
I think Flashpoint doesn't count as piracy. It was even mentioned in Vailskibum's video on the close of the site.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
But it still gave that special meaning about the CN sites. That was one of the main reasons I used to visit it every day.
Back in 2010-2014, I literally visited the website every week to check the "secret" schedules. You could play with the URLs and see the schedule four weeks in advance. They added a new week every Friday (weekday schedule) + Sunday (weekend schedule).

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Isn't there some kind of Cartoon Network app? I bet that will stay
Yes. The Cartoon Network app is staying........for now.

(tho, knowing WBD, anything can happen)
I don't think cartoonnetwork.com still had a schedule.
I mean, IDK. I haven't gone to CN website in over a decade, and I wasn't those people who cared about the schedule page on the website as I mostly played the games.

For what I remember, the last time CN had a schedule page on their website was 2014. I guess maybe because kids don't really care about looking up what shows was on next as they mostly watch their shows on the app and digital platforms.

Francisque

Add to that the fact Disney Channel has a much better website section in EMEA for schedules, although lacking for everything else

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts