Cartoonito International News and Discussion Thread

Francisque

Interesting, so they're slowly shutting down the Cartoonito channels around the world? I wouldn't be surprised. Even CN US seems to give up with the block. I can actually see this strategy at some point like Disney has done. Or maybe they will merge Cartoonito into one feed for budget reasons.
In EMEA I think it'll more likely stay, as it has found somehow its viewership, as Boomerang also did.
But maybe in Asia it's not doing its job (already before), and likely agreements with companies that are carrying it are running out and being revised, which means they're more focusing on the main channel, which makes sense

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Interesting, so they're slowly shutting down the Cartoonito channels around the world? I wouldn't be surprised. Even CN US seems to give up with the block. I can actually see this strategy at some point like Disney has done. Or maybe they will merge Cartoonito into one feed for budget reasons.
Good luck closing Cartoonito in Italy, when it is one of the FTA channels with a decent (in kids channels standard) audience.

Markus Nelis

In EMEA I think it'll more likely stay, as it has found somehow its viewership, as Boomerang also did.
But maybe in Asia it's not doing its job (already before), and likely agreements with companies that are carrying it are running out and being revised, which means they're more focusing on the main channel, which makes sense
I'm not saying it's going to happen now but give it another 5 years, they will probably shut down the Cartoonitos. The best solution however would be merging the feeds together expect big markets which are the UK, Italy and France which will still have the local channels. I know WBD is ready to either sell or shut down their channels at some point. Companies always copy others. See what Disney has done.

Francisque

Yes and no

I mean, I believe a preschooler market is actually "gold" for them, probably more than CN

I MIGHT be wrong, of course, but in Asia AFAIK Cartoonito has never succeeded, while in Europe it's a kind of successor to Boomerang, which had already been far more popular than in Asia

SAID THAT, I think we might well expect a closure in EMEA markets where the channel hasn't had as much of an impact, I can think of the Benelux area

harry580

K2 and Frisbee are very redundant now, they've been for a very long time

I can see at least one of them shutting down: think of the Italian version of an even more tired Discovery Family : )

Boing and Cartoonito are both very successful, especially the latter
can I delete the first post, I have ocd than posting :)

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Only Asia confirmed it will shut down Cartoonito and you already affirm it will shut down everywhere like it's a fact? XDD

Don't worry, in Europe at least, it is there to stay. The only other place I can see it will close down, is the USA. They basically cancelled everything they planned with that initial Cartoonito revival

dnetmunity

Funnily enough, I think the joint venture is what makes Boing and Cartoonito a smidge better than the rest of the FTA kids channels in Italy, since even the two that are only owned by WBD (Frisbee and K2) are a total disaster. (So is Super! and Rai Gulp. You can only save Rai Yoyo outside Boing and Cartoonito)
Super! is essentially Nick Italia on FTA DTT compare to Sky exclusive Nick and Nick Jr channels..

dnetmunity

Yes and no

I mean, I believe a preschooler market is actually "gold" for them, probably more than CN

I MIGHT be wrong, of course, but in Asia AFAIK Cartoonito has never succeeded, while in Europe it's a kind of successor to Boomerang, which had already been far more popular than in Asia

SAID THAT, I think we might well expect a closure in EMEA markets where the channel hasn't had as much of an impact, I can think of the Benelux area
Disney and Paramount have more exposure in Germany and Benelux than WBD by two reasons: Nick and DC Germany are on FTA, Disney XD is still broadcasting in the Netherlands 4am-6pm despite Disney pulled the plug on its Disney Junior channel following the Fox merger by the end of March of 2019. Idk if will BabyTV will stay, rebrand, or shut down since they didn't combined to the Disney Branded Television unit, in my opinion BabyTV barely gets attention than Disney Channel and Disney Junior content on Disney Plus. Why let BabyTV continue in Latam after shutting down Disney XD, NatGeo Kids, and the Brazilian version of Disney Junior in 2022, same in the UK after 3 Disney Channels and Sky Cinema Disney shut down in 2020, Spain & France after the closure of Disney XD along with Disney Cinema in France, and in Turkey after the closures of both Disney Channel and Disney XD while keeping Disney Junior. By the end of the day consider how long if Cartoonito is still viable in both linear and Max distribution compared to the Disney Junior and Nick Jr. brands. WBD already has FTA channels in Germany but not CN and Cartoonito while Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Nick have a broader basic cable distribution than CN itself. I would surprising in they pull something like in Asia if WBD follows Disney's path by moving them online to Max later this year (rebranding from HBO GO) especially we seen already in Hong Kong with WarnerTV and Cartoonito ending this month leaving CN, CNNI, 5 HBO channels and mulitple Discovery Channels. Disney will end Disney Junior in Denmark by the beginning in March while continues to broadcast in Norway, Finland, and Sweden joining the ranks of Brazil, Germany, Hungary, and The Netherlands relying only to its Disney Channel morning block and Disney Plus. I believe it will impact the most in Europe for CN and Cartoonito, it will be ridiculous to move CN content only via Discovery Plus in Germany, same thing goes to Max/Discovery Plus in Scandinavia, Netherlands, and Portugal.

Markus Nelis

Only Asia confirmed it will shut down Cartoonito and you already affirm it will shut down everywhere like it's a fact? XDD
Where did I say it's a fact? Where, my guy? I put question mark in the end for a reason. Everyone thought that Disney Channel was going to stay, look what happened. I'm sure you'll be wrong in this situation as well. They will probably merge the feeds. Why don't you think some Cartoonitos will shut down when WBD has been doing cuts everywhere? I'll admit I'm not always right but your thoughts can be wrong as well. At least I'll admit it which you can't do.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Cartoonito Nordic schedule and highlights for February 2024

- Calling All the Batwheels every hour throughout the day. Interesting strategy, huh?
- Tom and Jerry classic shorts returns.
- Thomas & Friends, Lucas the Spider, Toad & Friends, Bugs Bunny Builders and Masha and the Bear leave the lineup. Big reshuffle since the launch really. Only three preschool shows on the lineup left. It feels like I'm watching Boomerang ;).
- I won't go through every detail what replaces which because half of this schedule is changing but just know that a lot of the shows are leaving.

06:00 Mr Bean
06:30 Batwheels
07:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
07:30 Batwheels
08:30 The Tom and Jerry Show

09:00 Batwheels
09:35 Mr Bean
10:00 Batwheels
10:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
11:00 Batwheels
11:30 Tom and Jerry in New York
11:50 Batwheels

12:25 Mr Bean
12:55 Batwheels
13:25 Grizzy and the Lemmings
14:00 Batwheels
14:35 Tom and Jerry

15:05 Batwheels
15:35 Mr Bean
16:00 Interstellar Ella
16:30 Batwheels
17:30 Grizzy and the Lemmings
18:00 Batwheels
18:30 Mr Bean
19:00 Batwheels

19:35 Grizzy and the Lemmings
20:05 Batwheels
20:40 Tom and Jerry in New York

21:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
21:55 Grizzy and the Lemmings
23:00 Mr Bean
00:00 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
00:45 Grizzy and the Lemmings
02:05 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
02:50 Grizzy and the Lemmings
03:35 Mush-Mush and the Mushables
04:20 Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:30 Mr Bean

I think Masha's rights expired. They didn't really remove a Russian show even during the war so they gotta fill in something else when we get back to normal from this every hour Batwheels event.
This feels more like Boomerang

narq

Pretty unexpectedly, Cartoonito UK recently started airing Mr. Bean: The Animated Series.

It's airing at 06:00, 09:30, 12:30, 15:30 and 18:30 GMT from Monday to Friday, and because of multiple marathons, on weekends it's only airing at 06:00 and 18:30. Every slot is 30 minutes long.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Pretty unexpectedly, Cartoonito UK recently started airing Mr. Bean: The Animated Series.

It's airing at 06:00, 09:30, 12:30, 15:30 and 18:30 GMT from Monday to Friday, and because of multiple marathons, on weekends it's only airing at 06:00 and 18:30. Every slot is 30 minutes long.
They're airing Grizzy and the Lemmings as well, what is it with foreign countries and airing older kids stuff on preschool channels???

Francisque

Unless they aren't planning a big shake up which would include Boomerang UK shutting down?

Markus Nelis

I kind of understand. I think Cartoonito UK tests whether Boomerang shows would get good ratings. If they do well, I think they want to consider shutting down Boomerang. Scooby. Tom and Looney Tunes seem to go to CN UK while the rest of the shows may move to Cartoonito. Obviously, I don't think Boomerang UK is in danger yet but I bet it's gone once 2030 hits.

France's Boomerang will most likely stay for a few decades to come. CN France already has it's two popular show they're busy airing too much so I don't see much room for more shows. Idk if it's still the case but a few years ago Boomerang in France was actually the second most watched pay-tv kids channel. I think that's enough viewers for them to even think about shutting down.

BloggerHU

Last minute schedule change on Cartoonito CEE: from 19th February Toad and Friends will leave the entire schedule and will be replaced by Baby Looney Tunes on all of his slots.

BlooMac

Cartoonito has been doing poorly here for the past couple of years. There has been a severe decline in interest since Boomerang started giving up its focus on classics in the mid-2010s. The localization in 2021 and the Cartoonito rebrand practically went unnoticed. If the channel wasn't bundled with CN, the operators would have probably ditched it by now. Not that CN is doing that better in ratings, but at least it's a known brand.

Francisque

I kind of understand. I think Cartoonito UK tests whether Boomerang shows would get good ratings. If they do well, I think they want to consider shutting down Boomerang. Scooby. Tom and Looney Tunes seem to go to CN UK while the rest of the shows may move to Cartoonito. Obviously, I don't think Boomerang UK is in danger yet but I bet it's gone once 2030 hits.

France's Boomerang will most likely stay for a few decades to come. CN France already has it's two popular show they're busy airing too much so I don't see much room for more shows. Idk if it's still the case but a few years ago Boomerang in France was actually the second most watched pay-tv kids channel. I think that's enough viewers for them to even think about shutting down.
Boomerang France if anythig is much more likely to go

I don't like to make forecasts, but obviously in France Turner channels are much less watched And by now they aren't on satellite anymore

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts