CN is bringing back live-action programming.

Action!

I didn’t know where to post so I’m gonna to post it here apparently according to CN Execs girls age out of animation more than boys so there gonna be making more live action content which i think is just stupid because Miraculous is extremely popular with the female led audience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The claim that girls age out of animation quicker then boys is just stupid

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Very little animation is made for girls, much less older girls. It's a bit rich for networks to say that the problem is that girls are aging out of it.

CN needs to borrow a page from Disney Channel's playbook. They have tons of animated shows with female main characters and they're successful. CN needs to knock it off with this argument.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
CN needs to borrow a page from Disney Channel's playbook. They have tons of animated shows with female main characters and they're successful. CN needs to knock it off with this argument.
I don't watch those Disney Channel shows, but I was pretty sure they were successful with both girls AND boys. I think Cartoon Network's idea of catering to girls is putting out a season and a half of DC Super Hero Girls, sporadically airing new episodes on a early Sunday morning deathslot, and never rerunning it ever. Gee, I can't IMAGINE why girls didn't watch it.

stephane dumas

And to think then CN once aired Totally Spies and asked for more seasons besides the first 2 seasons after ABC Family dropped TS....

Moe

I'm wonder if CN in early 1990s is well suited for female audience? I'm thinking about Josie and the Pussycats, Jeannie, Smurfs, Laverne & Shirley in the Army, Biskitts, Paw Paws, Top Cat, Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Scooby-Doo and other copycat shows like Funky Phantom, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids, Clue Club and Jabberjaw?

If CN actually care, so they would air re-run of female centric shows and make new one much earlier, but they didn't, so it was painful slow.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
The Powerpuff Girls (the original with Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust) proved that girls loved animation on CN just as much as boys. The women who enter animation is skyrocketing, including CN's own Rebecca Sugar, Tiffany Ford, numerous female storyboard artists, numerous female characters that girls relate to and are a fan of. Saying things like this is detrimental to not only women, but the network. The network had popularized Sailor Moon, an anime starring teenage girls and catering to girls and boys.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was created and developed by Faust (a woman), had ponies that were females, and initially catered to an audience of little girls. We all know what happened when the series progressed with the Bronies rapid rise to mainstream subcultures, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and especially Steven Universe had huge success across the network (even with the constant time shafting, treatment, and bombs the latter show has gone through).

Then there was Summer Camp Island and Infinity Train, the main female characters, audience, and the like...completely shafted and canned. The constant lack of advertising and mere promotion issues, the disbelief and gaslighting that girls don't care for animation as they get older and move on to live action....is atrocious.

If they wanted to cut costs to the whole Warner Bros. Discovery merger by adding live action again, they could do just that (if they really want to repeat the past "successful" CN Real programming). But to get this "fact", they'd have to take a survey to see how many Americans would watch female led animated programming. They'd have to actually promote and hand over a few time slots to the girl heavy or friendly shows they have or had (like DC Super Hero Girls). They'd have to give female animators a chance to create female led animated shows that cater to that market and then constantly lose to other shows in the ratings. They'd have to actually see what girls would like in animation, such as talking about boys, boybands, music, anime, school, magic, teenage life, etc. They'd have to actually do their jobs to prove what they're saying is true.

Which they're not.

Last edited:

Zorak Masaki

Personally, if they have to do live-action, maybe a game show where the contestants have to answer questions/solve puzzles about cartoons could work. At least then it would actually be animation-related (though it would also resemble a huge ad for HBO Max/Cartoon Network itself, since I doubt they'd have Disney or Nick related questions).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts