CN's Least Regarded Shows

AnimatedFan01

How come within the past decade, CN has largely ignored and refused to acknowledge The Moxy Show, What a Cartoon!, Mike, Lu and Og, Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad, Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003), What Ever Happened to Robot Jones...?, Megas XLR, Squirrel Boy, Class of 3000, Transformers Animated, The Secret Saturdays, The Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and Robotomy?

I understand why they wouldn't acknowledge any of their live-action originals, obviously the name of the network gives a hint, but the rest are their *cartoons* and formed some part of their history in one way or another.

Moxy was their first original so it can't be counted out.

What a Cartoon! gave birth to Dexters Lab and Cow and Chicken so it can't be ignored either.

I'm guessing Star Wars and Transformers are out of the question due to licensing issues from Hasbro and Disney.

Squirrel Boy admittedly didn't do well while it was airing but it gained a semi-cult following recently within the last few years due to 2000s nostalgia fans, and rose to recognition after Everett Peck died this June, and he was the first CN original creator to pass on.

I've heard Class of 3000 was due to licensing issues with Andre 3000 of Outkast, but didn't they win the lawsuit?

Robotomy failed to gain high ratings, but it did have a fairly big cult following demanding the show be renewed for a second season, and is from the creators of the more critically acclaimed Superjail!, so it holds some historical significance.

Without SMFA, Peter Browngardt likely wouldn't have conceived Uncle Grandpa, which CN does acknowledge.

Okay, TPS is pretty self explanatory since its regarded as CN's worst original cartoon, so I guess that's the only one that makes sense.

R Lopez

Which networks choose to bring attention to old flops?

No, not every show on the OP's list was a flop (What a Cartoon! certainly wasn't) or uninteresting... But the network would rather focus on Craig of the Creek or We Baby Bears, or maybe old cash cows like Powerpuff Girls and Adventure Time.

In regard to Moxy: What are they supposed to do with it? It wasn't actually a show; it was just interstitials that played in-between shorts. The last time CN had that sort of show was the Cartoon Planet revival, and Cartoon Planet basically replaced Moxy in the 90's.

Ace

Ace
I don't think Squirrel Boy has been mentioned once after the time it originally aired. I might be wrong but it's one of those things that came, went and got completely forgotten it existed.

AnimatedFan01

I don't think Squirrel Boy has been mentioned once after the time it originally aired. I might be wrong but it's one of those things that came, went and got completely forgotten it existed.
It was acknowledged in 2012's 20th anniversary video and poster and in the OK KO! Nexus crossover. But yeah, other than that they've largely ignored it.

R Lopez

It was acknowledged in 2012's 20th anniversary video and poster and in the OK KO! Nexus crossover. But yeah, other than that they've largely ignored it.
The 20th anniversary is now the last anniversary that CN made a point of including obscure/less successful characters.

We can credit the OK KO crew for taking it upon themselves to have so much detail in their crossover episode.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I believe the boy (I’m too lazy to look up the name) made a cameo in the Grim Adventures of the Kids Next Door.

90'sKid

It's up their with Brothers Flub, Teachers Pet and Yakkity Yak for genuine forgotten cartoons.

All I remember of SB was it being boring.

Sent from my 5004S using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts