Comixology app will merge with Kindle app

Spider-Man

This was to be expected but I didn't think it would be this soon:

Amazon announces the Comixology app will merge into the Kindle app

Amazon made it official today: the Comixology standalone app is being merged in to the Kindle app, and as of December 4, will no longer be available. All purchases made via Comixology will be available in the Kindle app going forward.

The news won’t come as a surprise to observers who have watched Comixology gradually get absorbed into Amazon’s Kindle system, and it’s sure to be greeted with some dismay. However, looking at the larger picture, this inevitable move is probably the only way to improve the comics reading experience on the Kindle.

According to an official statement from Jeff DiBartolomeo, General Manager, Comixology:

“Today, we are announcing to customers that we are merging the Comixology app into the Kindle app on iOS, Android, and Fire OS. Currently, 93% of comics, graphic novel, and manga customers are reading via Kindle and the Kindle app, and Kindle reading is where a majority of our customers have been for years. The upgraded Kindle app experience is already available and has key Comixology features for enjoying a digital library of comics, graphic novels, and manga, including grouping titles by series; hiding and unhiding specific titles; library filtering for comics content; in-app borrowing for users of our unlimited subscription services; and additional options to read on the web. Customers can continue reading their books in the Comixology app until December 4. Focusing on the Kindle app improves our customer experience and advances our mission to make everyone on the planet a life-long comics, graphic novel, or manga fan.”

Full story: Amazon announces the Comixology app will merge into the Kindle app

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I got an email from Amazon about that. No surprise, hope it doesn't screw up Kindle's OS.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts