"Gargoyles (Dynamite Comics Releases)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread. Dynamite has a Kickstarter started for collections of the old SLG and Marvel Gargoyles comics. I can't help but be very disappointed by this.

Mod Note: Thread updated, now covers all Gargoyles releases from Dynamite, not just the current ongoing titles.

Spider-Man

What exactly does this mean? Where can we buy these?
Did you not click on the link? All the details are there. Here it is again:

It doesn't matter anyways since the campaign hit its fund-raising goal and is closed. I assume these will be released in comic stores eventually but I don't like that this Kickstarter is the only way to get them for the time being it seems

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Did you not click on the link? All the details are there. Here it is again:

It doesn't matter anyways since the campaign hit its fund-raising goal and is closed. I assume these will be released in comic stores eventually but I don't like that this Kickstarter is the only way to get them for the time being it seems
It doesn't look like it's closed. I got the details. I just wanted to know if this would be in comics shops and Amazon eventually. If it is I don't care where and when I get it.

All I really need is the Marvel stuff. I have the Trades from Slave Labor. Although if they reprint Bad Guys in color I will double-dip.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Kind of a bummer that these reprints are available via a Kickstarter for now, and the rewards aren't really too enticing. Still, I understand the need for smaller publishers to do this. I hope the success means they'll release them on retail eventually.

For now, I think I'll get the regular hardcovers, even if I'm not fond of some of the cover choices.
Good thing the Kickstarter hit it's stretch goal :).
And under three hours, too. Impressive!

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Gargoyles Comic Book Kickstarter Funded In 24 Hours"​

Gargoyles-Volumes-Side-by-Side.jpg

"Long out of print Gargoyles comics finally have a chance for a re-release. Thanks to a Kickstarter launched by Dynamite Entertainment on January 11th, funding was raised to remaster and release the two previous Gargoyles comic book series in graphic novel format to coincide with the show’s 30th anniversary.

Featuring a cast of colorful medieval gargoyles who were frozen in stone for a thousand years only to wake up in modern day Manhattan, Gargoyles was a Disney animated series which became beloved for its mature drama, intense action, and long-form serialized storytelling. Premiering in 1994, Gargoyles ran for three seasons and ended in 1997. While the show was on the air, Marvel Comics produced a Gargoyles comic in 1995 that ran for 11 issues."

Read the full article here.

Anyone here looking to pick up all 3 of these collections?!?

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Dynamite held an Instagram interview with Greg Weisman to promote the reprints. At around 17:20 (if you can even do timestamps on IG), he confirms that after Gargoyles Quest (a five-issue mini series centered around Demona), there will be another 12-issue story arc.

hobbyfan

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Dynamite Comics has provided a closer look at the assorted collections set to be available through the Gargoyles Kickstarter campaign. Get a closer look via some select imagery below!

Hardcover editions

Trade paperback editions

Signed hardcover editions

Deluxe hardcover editions

Promotional Images​

Spider-Man

Today is the last day for the Kickstarter. I checked it out today and saw a comment from Dynamite that said these collections will be available at retail in some form as early as November. I don't mind that I'm backing the kickstarter but I do wish I knew of the retail versions.

Attachments

• 3k34ihv140hc1.jpg
    3k34ihv140hc1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 15

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Today is the last day for the Kickstarter. I checked it out today and saw a comment from Dynamite that said these collections will be available at retail in some form as early as November. I don't mind that I'm backing the kickstarter but I do wish I knew of the retail versions.
I figured there would be retail releases eventually, but considering the constant delays with Here in Manhattan, I'm personally not taking my chances.

Also, it was mentioned a few days ago, but every backer who contributes up to $200 gets the first issue of Gargoyles Quest with a unique cover by Drew Moss. Anyone beyond that gets a No Trade Dress edition.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts