"Gargoyles (Dynamite Comics Releases)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

That's great! I am definitely putting my pre-order in as soon as I can and I think I'm going to splurge on all the variant covers too. I'm also really glad to read that this is an ongoing comic. I was certain I read this was a mini-series. I wonder when we'll start seeing TPBs announced. I am really anxious to get those older Gargoyles comics. I have a few gaps in my collection.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Love the artwork. Faithful to the original designs but a bit more modern and very clean. The art was one of my complaints for the first few SLG issues and so this is very welcome. I would still definitely love to see Greg Guler return to give us a cover or two here and there!

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'm liking what we've seen of the art so far. It's stylized but the characters are still recognizable. I also like the coloring. It's dark, but not drab. Also, from the hints we're getting from the covers and the plot, we're definitely picking up the plot from the SLG comics. I wonder how they'll recap all of that for new audiences.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Solicitation details for Gargoyles #2 from Dynamite Comics are now available. Check them out below.

GARGOYLES #2

Written by GREG WEISMAN
Art by GEORGE KAMBADAIS
Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
Price: $3.99 US | 32 pages

The Gargoyles have awakened from their stone sleep - but will it be in time to save Maggie the Cat and her unborn mutate child from Thailog and Sevarius? Plus, don't miss the return of Dominic Dracon!

ON SALE 1/11/23

Click here for further information on the upcoming Gargoyles comic series, including a look at interior artwork, variant covers, and more.

Spider-Man

Do we know how soon we can expect to see reprints of the older material? And is this an ongoing series or just six issues? I keep hearing conflicting things. Regardless there's something exciting about getting new Gargoyles material. If ever there was a franchise that was basically slept on...

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I wasn't expecting an appearance by Thailog and Sevarious so soon, especially since they were prominent in the SLG comics. I wonder what kind of a threat Dominic can pose, since he was arrested in "The Silver Falcon", and if the Spectacular Spider-Man crossover is any true, he'd lost his mind from the humiliation and was checked into a mental hospital.

And I'll admit, I was expecting the focus to be on Egwardo rather than Maggie's child. Maybe that'll be later.

Spider-Man

It's out already? I thought it was coming in December.
Click on the link to read it. It clearly states "pre-orders" but perhaps I should've clarified that in the post but thought it would be clear and easy to put two and two together since the first issue isn't out yet. It's a great start though given all the variant covers not a surprise. Hopefully the numbers will stay up after the usual first issue bump.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I am not the most with-it guy regarding comic books. My dumb ass is confused easy. I'm glad I didn't miss it or need to make a trip to my comic book store.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Solicitation details for Gargoyles #3 coming February 2023 from Dynamite Comics are now available. Check them out below.

GARGOYLES #3

Written by GREG WEISMAN
Art by GEORGE KAMBADAIS
Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

Tensions are rising within the Manhattan Clan! Some Gargoyles believe that Xanatos is responsible for the recent kidnappings, while others consider him an ally. But all that will have to wait, because someone has initiated the Great Minds Protocol! Written by Gargoyles mastermind Greg Weisman with spectacular art by George Kambadais!

ON SALE 2/08/23

Dynamite has also solicits its first Gargoyles reprint, with a facsimile edition of Marvel's Gargoyles #1 also coming in February 2023.

GARGOYLES #1 FASCIMILE EDITION

Written by MARTIN PASKO
Art by AMANDA CONNER
Cover by JOE MADUREIRA

Originally published in 1995, this Gargoyles tale spun out of the smash hit animated TV series and featured early work by comics superstar Amanda Conner! In this story, workers at a construction site are being threatened by a fearsome creature who looks like a Gargoyle - but may be something much deadlier! It's up to Goliath and his fellow Gargoyles, along with NYPD Detective Elisa Maza, to get to the bottom of this mystery and keep more people from getting hurt. This special reprint issue also will include a sneak peek at Dynamite's two new comics starring Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck!

ON SALE 2/01/23

Click here to check out the WF Gargoyles subsite for further information on the upcoming Gargoyles comic series, including a look at interior artwork, variant covers, and more.

Spider-Man

I'm glad that we're finally starting to see some of the reprints! I'm hoping they pick up the pace on these!

I also read pre-orders for the first issue were over 179,000! I imagine a lot of us ordered multiple covers, though! I know I ordered 3 possibly 4 depending on if my store gets a certain cover!

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'm pretty interested in the premise for this issue. We saw some Xanatos schemes in the SLG comics, but we never really saw his new "alliance" with the Manhattan Clan put to test, which is new and interesting ground to explore. And yeah, I'm curious about how the baby's going to turn out.

So, they're reprinting the older series by issue. Okay, makes sense. Though I might wait for the trades for those.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'm not a fan of how they announced Quest as a spin-off when it's just a continuation from Here in Manhattan, or avoiding having a long ongoing, but I'm just happy we're getting more stories beyond that. And I hope they announced a couple of more mini-series a la Dark Ages as well.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
I wonder if (and hope that) Dynamite will be able to release collections of SLG's Gargoyles comics (namely the Clan-Bulding arc and the Bad Guys miniseries), and maybe a "Gargoyles Classics Collection" collecting the old Marvel series, and the short stories from Disney Adventures and that one issue of TV Guide.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I wonder if (and hope that) Dynamite will be able to release collections of SLG's Gargoyles comics (namely the Clan-Bulding arc and the Bad Guys miniseries), and maybe a "Gargoyles Classics Collection" collecting the old Marvel series, and the short stories from Disney Adventures and that one issue of TV Guide.
I remember there being an announcement earlier this year about the Marvel comics being collected and released. But besides the facsimile of the first issue, it's been quiet ever since.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts