Complete failures that happened during Nickelodeon's history

ToonsJazzLover

I know one of their biggest failures in recent years was hoping that kids would be interested in watching reality shows (The Substitute, AMMF, Top Elf, Unleashed). They lasted 1-2 seasons and the person who was EVP of unscriped shows left Nick last summer.

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
Nickelodeon itself was a failure, lol am I right internet funnymen? What an original and daring hot take, ha ha ha, screw Cyma and Tibbit and Butch, amirite amirite? What a productive and unbiased thread that would never be derailed or go the wrong way, HA STINKIN HA!

kanc

Nickelodeon itself was a failure, lol am I right internet funnymen? What an original and daring hot take, ha ha ha, screw Cyma and Tibbit and Butch, amirite amirite? What a productive and unbiased thread that would never be derailed or go the wrong way, HA STINKIN HA!
"funnymen"? there are other internet people are women there too

ATSFGuy

"funnymen"? there are other internet people are women there too
A lot of long time fans feel a major turning point for Nick was when Herb Scannell left and Cyma Zarghami took over.

Ace

Ace
Part of Nick's problem is the sheer success of their flagship show and that made it hard to find an audience for new shows. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place between making things entertaining to an extremely young demographic (which I think most of Nick's audience is in the preschool demo even more so than other kids channels) and being entertaining enough to older audiences so they can spread the word on social media to draw attention to their shows. It's an extremely fine line. An almost razor thin line.

It's why Loud House and previously FOP have stayed there so long and every other Nicktoon has been gone after two or three seasons.

Last edited:

kanc

Don't forget the fact that SpongeBob SquarePants also is currently the longest running Nicktoons.

ShadowBeast

and TMNT, Avatar and a few others but you know what I mean by not many long running animated series especially in the later years. Tons of shows that only lasted one or two seasons especially originals. Three season shows were a little harder to come by.
Well yeah, Today's shows have a harder time staying with Nick locked onto SBSP (along with not letting FOP go, to the point of making a bad live-action show) But the Loud House does prove that it's possible for Nick to let a show that isn't SpongeBob to shine. Though they need to try letting shows blossom and not expect them to be instant hits.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts