DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers)

Otaku-sempai

Last edited:

-batmat-

Oh yeah, same type of animation used in Battle of the Super Sons right? Personally I hate it!

Ed Nygma

I also think it's clear Gunn is scrapping the DTVs after this in favor of his own stuff to avoid brand confusion, that;s why we're finally and inexplicably getting Watchmen if they're sending the line off. Whether he should be allowed to do that or not aside, I think it's time for the DTV line to finish. 17 or 18 years is really enough, no other superhero series by the same general creators has gone on that long and there've been more misses than hits by now.

Mod Note: Part of post moved from Crisis on Infinite Earths to here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGreatOne2

BREAKING WB Confirms The End of the Animate DC Universe​

It looks like Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths will be the final animated movies before James Gunn takes over

I am thinking WB will release the deluxe edition of Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths in early 2025 before Superman Legacy releases in theaters July 11 2025

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I thought the only real "confirmation" was that the Tomorrow-verse would end with Crisis. Pretty sure James Gunn said not every project will be part of his continuity so I presume there will still be stand-alone (or maybe even inter-connected) animated movies after that. But I guess we'll see.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Yeah, I'm not watching those click-baity, jumping to conclusion for views videos. The Tomorrow-verse is ending with Crisis, but we have no idea what will come after it.

Gunn has stated that the animated movies will continue and that things can exist outside of his continuity as else-worlds projects. Everything else is just speculation.

Heeroyuy_Batman

I also think it's clear Gunn is scrapping the DTVs after this in favor of his own stuff to avoid brand confusion, that;s why we're finally and inexplicably getting Watchmen if they're sending the line off. Whether he should be allowed to do that or not aside, I think it's time for the DTV line to finish. 17 or 18 years is really enough, no other superhero series by the same general creators has gone on that long and there've been more misses than hits by now.

Mod Note: Part of post moved from Crisis on Infinite Earths to here.
That remains to be seen. The Tomorrowverse is ending so it is certainly possible, but it's not the only possibility. So far, we know there's going to be a DCU animated series and James Gunn has mentioned theatrical animated movies, but so far all he has said so far seems to confirm that the DVD animated line will continue as Elseworlds. Also, there is an interview where the producers of the DVD line were talking about potential future films. Now, it is possible that WBD isn't ready to announce the end of the DVD line. However, despite the DVD line going continuously since 2007, there are still tons of potential adaptations that could be done like Batman: Nightfall, Infinite Crisis, Dark Nights: Metal, Superman for all Seasons, Superman Smashes the Klan, etc..

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I thought the only real "confirmation" was that the Tomorrow-verse would end with Crisis. Pretty sure James Gunn said not every project will be part of his continuity so I presume there will still be stand-alone (or maybe even inter-connected) animated movies after that. But I guess we'll see.
Yep. Par for the line. It'll be the third end/reboot. They did it in Flashpoint Paradox, in Apokolips War, and now this Crisis 3 parter. The DTVs will continue. Personally, I'm for them cutting back, more quality over quantity. Some years they release just too many with the two DTV lines' combined total. Plus, we can see they are dipping into streaming movies with Merry Little Batman this week and probably next year Aztec Batman.

Heeroyuy_Batman

People will probably be skeptical if they try to go for yet another animated DTV continuity, but I hope whatever they do starting 2025 they have a good idea/plan for.
I'm totally game for a new animated dtv continuity, but like you I hope there's a good idea/plan. Hopefully, Superman Smashes the Klan, Justice League: The Nail, Batman: Knightfall, Batman: Zero Year, Doomsday Clock, DC Rebirth, The Flash/Batman: The Button, and JSA: Thy Kingdom Come will be adapted in the new plan.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I suppose I wasn't paying attention, but I have only just realised WB has dropped the 'DC Universe Movie' branding completely as of Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part One.

It was there during it's logo reveal at comic-con, but I guess they have to start getting ready for Gunn's 'DC Universe' moving forward.

Ed Nygma

Hopefully for collectors they'll at least finish the 'DC UNIVERSE' logo on the spines of the blu rays. As soon as I saw the start of the big D on Batman Soul of the Dragon, I thought "this is a bad idea..."

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I know Yojimbo highlighted the US releases ended on a 'U' which is nice, but folks in the UK/Ireland have not been so lucky - We have been left with 'DC UN':

DC-UN-Collage.jpg

I tried to find the regular slipcover for Justice League: Warworld featuring Superman, but no such luck:

d85aefe1-7898-4506-8d82-4ee5931fbfe9.webp

I can definitely see WB just pretending this was never a thing. Oh well, it's the movie that matters, not the packaging.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm

Featured Posts