Disney bought 21st Century Fox for $71.3 billion in stock

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If anything, Blue Sky should merge with Walt Disney Animation Studios.

There's no reason to keep releasing some of the family-friendly fare under the 20th Century banner. That's what the Disney label is for.

Use 20th Century exclusively for PG-13/R fare that isn't Lucasfilm, Marvel, works about the history of Disney, or movies based on Disney attractions.

lowell

I hope they didn't do live action remakes, those are the worst, I rather have bad Adaptations of young adult books like Artemis fowl and Eragon than live action remakes
Oh, Bob's Burgers and the Simpsons Movie 2 will be animated like how the Simpsons Movie was. Family Guy's film is supposed to be a live-action/animation hybrid.

harry580

Oh, Bob's Burgers and the Simpsons Movie 2 will be animated like how the Simpsons Movie was. Family Guy's film is supposed to be a live-action/animation hybrid.
no im talking about live action remakes of blue sky studios films, I can't imagine Tim Burton rio without thinking about this image:
1612898617701.png

or get the guys who made the live action dr Seuss films for Horton

harry580

That won't happen, considering they didn't remake Pixar films into live-action at all.
if so, what will disney do the blue sky studios library then, sell it 5 years later to American greetings or hallmark, have American greetings or hallmark ruin the library like hallmark did to the filmation library, and 5 years later after that sold the library to wildbrain or hasbro?

PF9

Disney has only sold off a portion of its library only once - when they sold Miramax in 2010 (in turn becoming the first major studio to sell part of its library in over 5 decades), the only other option they had was shutting it down, but there were many who did not want to see it shut down, so Disney entertained offers to buy Miramax, which is now co-owned by beIN and ViacomCBS.

lowell

if so, what will disney do the blue sky studios library then, sell it 5 years later to American greetings or hallmark, have American greetings or hallmark ruin the library like hallmark did to the filmation library, and 5 years later after that sold the library to wildbrain or hasbro?
From article: "Disney will be working with the employees at the Greenwich, CT-based studio to explore open positions at the other internal studios."

"The Blue Sky’s library and IP will remain part of Disney, and I hear there are no plans for another major studio to absorb Blue Sky’s employees and operations." Guessing possibly 20th Animation for future content made for Disney+.

harry580

From article: "Disney will be working with the employees at the Greenwich, CT-based studio to explore open positions at the other internal studios."

there are no plans for another major studio to absorb Blue Sky’s employees and operations.
so disney maybe selling blue sky studios beside the studio is closing down like they did to Miramax?

lowell

so disney maybe selling blue sky studios beside the studio is closing down like they did to Miramax?
It could likely be moved into 20th Animation, where they can transition the IPs towards TV content for Disney+.

If there were plans for another major studio (they mean, outside of Disney) to absorb, that would be selling.

harry580

It could likely be moved into 20th Animation, where they can transition the IPs towards TV content for Disney+.

If there were plans for another major studio (they mean, outside of Disney) to absorb, that would be selling.
I hope Chris Wedge buy back the studio like Haim Saban bought back the power rangers from Disney in 2010/2011

and also, I can imagine having the 20th animation name on rio and ice age and reissue all blue sky studios films as 20th animation films

Last edited:

PF9

20th Animation should be a PG-13 and up studio. There's a possibility that the Bob's Burgers movie will be PG-13 like The Simpsons Movie was, so it would be in line with using 20th Animation for PG-13 and up fare, while moving the Blue Sky IPs under WDAS, which would continue to make family-friendly films.

I mean I'm still waiting for a theatrical Family Guy movie.

harry580

but blue sky studios is closing, they just going to close it and no replacement found like they did to disneytoon studios and other animation studios like sip animation with blue sky studios film library and ip being forgotten and felling into the same way fox kids/jetix library ended up

lowell

but blue sky studios is closing, they just going to close it and no replacement found like they did to disneytoon studios and other animation studios like sip animation with blue sky studios film library and ip being forgotten and felling into the same way fox kids/jetix library ended up
They can bring all the equipment and technology to 20th Animation to boost their film animation production capabilities. The IPs are still going to be used to make new content for Disney+ (which has the Blue Sky library).

Most of the animators could go to Marvel Studios's animation department, Lucasfilm (animation, ILM, Skywalker Sound), Disney Television Animation, 20th Animation, Fox VFX Lab in addition to WDAS and Pixar.

Only the office space is probably not going to be kept.

harry580

so what happen to the ips after buck wild

are rio and ice age franchises going the way of Roger rabbit after that and we never see more of them again

harry580

They'll probably still be making new content based on them for the service.
oh they going to still make ice age and rio after blue sky studios got the axe like how disney still produces power rangers after disney shut down saban, perhaps if buck wild gets popular, Disney revives blue sky studios

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts