Disney Company Content Libraries Discussion Thread

harry580

I feel like if disney have to do anything with the blue sky studios library, instead of live action remakes or pulling a crossgen comics or fox kids/saban/bvs/sip animation, disney would just 4k remaster all of the blue sky studios films like they did with the james cameron movies, I mean, is it just me or watching the blue sky studios movies on streaming services like disney plus & Hulu and on channels like disney channel, freeform, fx, fxx, fxm, hbo & nickelodeon feels slow & rough and not the same when its first shown in theaters

Last edited:

Moe

I feel like if disney have to do anything with the blue sky studios library, instead of live action remakes or pulling a crossgen comics or fox kids/saban/bvs/sip animation, disney would just 4k remaster all of the blue sky studios films like they did with the james cameron movies, I mean, is it just me or watching the blue sky studios movies on streaming services like disney plus & Hulu and on channels like disney channel, freeform, fx, fxx, fxm, hbo & nickelodeon feels slow & rough and not the same when its first shown in theaters
Blue Sky Studios films released after 2016 have 4K and Fox haven't remaster old one before bought by Disney.

Disney is releasing more old 20th Century films that are unavailable on streaming in the past and remaster may be next.

harry580

hi, I been guessing, should disney sell off the blue sky studios & fox family worldwide libraries (the fox kids/saban/bvs/sip animation/jetix shows, expect for the marvel cartoons & the jetix shows disney television animation involved with) like they did with miramax & power rangers & its related saban sentai shows & the Digimon dub, I like to see 9 story (Who owns the live action goosebumps series which 20th century fox produced) to buy the library or wildbrain (which owns the dic library which disney used to one and house of cool who did the designing & storyboards of blue sky studios movies) or splash entertainment (which owns bobby world)

JulianRO

I don't think Disney is gonna sell it anytime soon, especially since the Disney-FFW transaction was quite big back then.....

But, if let's say Disney will want to sell these libraries to somebody, the best option would be WildBrain.

harry580

I don't think Disney is gonna sell it anytime soon, especially since the Disney-FFW transaction was quite big back then.....

But, if let's say Disney will want to sell these libraries to somebody, the best option would be WildBrain.
and also the blue sky studios buyout as big back then too, but I don't know, I see disney owning ice age & rio & the other blue sky studios libraries as disney owning power rangers & its related super sentai shows saban used to do

Francisque

Maybe that can be the case about some unused assets such as Fox Kids/Saban productions though

It's just very useless to keep them like that: they can be material for a Pluto TV kind of platform, or even Tubi

JulianRO

Excepting Marvel contents almost the entire Saban/BVS/Fox Kids library stays locked in Disney's archives.

That's why Disney should sell it if they don't plan doing something. After all, why buy some shows if you don't at least release them on DVDs or as you said, on Tubi?

Moe

Exactly, it is highly unlikely and it has been around for decades.

and also the blue sky studios buyout as big back then too, but I don't know, I see disney owning ice age & rio & the other blue sky studios libraries as disney owning power rangers & its related super sentai shows saban used to do
Not really with streaming era and at near end of ownership, Blue Sky Studios got more depressed under Fox. Fox included Blue Sky Studios in transaction when they sold 20th Century to Disney.

Even without Disney, Fox is likely to make Blue Sky Studios much less important or dormant if they don't believe that Blue Sky Studios is going to make a lot of money as they did in the past. Strong competition could hurt Blue Sky Studios and cause Fox to lose the grip on this studio.

Like corporations, Fox want to make tons of profits, even Disney, Paramount, WB and others are doing like this.

Power Rangers isn't very big for long time since last one was in 1990s.

To be honest Disney holds the Fox Kids/BVS library in vain, so if they don't plan doing something, a good idea would be to sell it.
I do think that Disney want save for free ads supported streaming TV and if not, I I don't understand about what Disney want to sit on properties for nothing.

As for sell, many of vaulted contents are low value and Disney wouldn't make much money if they sell. If sold, there is no guarantee that new owner will take good use of contents and they could keep in storage until they become public domain when 95 years copyright protection ends, or more worse, they could destroy the master and digitize everything like Hallmark did with Filmation in 1990s to make storage much more cheaper to store.

maybe that would happen if bob iger gets replaced by someone who is not bob chapek
Extremely unlikely and don't get your hope up with decade-long vaulted properties.

Next one to replace Bob Iger could be worse or unfavorable and be careful about what you wish for. No one know about how good is CEO would be. Even if new CEO make a lot of money for Disney, so Blue Sky Studios could go abandoned in the vault - unavailable to stream with free or paid sub, so you have to buy movies with your money.

It's just very useless to keep them like that: they can be material for a Pluto TV kind of platform, or even Tubi
Tubi is definitely best solution and not sure about why Disney didn't take advantage of this option.

harry580

@Moe
I think tubi is owned by fox which owns the controversial fox news channel so that's why disney didn't take advantage of this option due to fox news hate for disney

I do think blue sky studios library & ip can easily be sell off to someone like annapurna or wildbrain like disney did with power rangers & the other super sentai shows saban produced in 2010

and also, what did you mean by saying don't get your hope up, you mean this is something that was forgotten long time ago, would that applies to blue sky studios library & ip too?

and also, is the strong completion the same reason why fox kids & fox family went defunct & abandoned

Moe

I think tubi is owned by fox which owns the controversial fox news channel so that's why disney didn't take advantage of this option due to fox news hate for disney
That’s not true and even Disney own 20th Century, many of current shows continue to air on FOX.

Fox News and Tubi are owned by Fox but both are separated, not under one roof.

I believe that Disney’s uniformed company policy on residual or licensing are likely culprit to keep contents in vault if they cannot be paid off to cover on residuals. Even Disney own same properties, they have to pay for contents.

I do think blue sky studios library & ip can easily be sell off to someone like annapurna or wildbrain like disney did with power rangers & the other super sentai shows saban produced in 2010
Disney isn’t going to sell the properties if they make money on licensing when they licensed out to other companies and most if not all of Blue Sky Studios films are under legacy licensing that Disney is under obligated to license out to networks and streaming services.

Power Rangers is complicated but Hasbro paid a lot for this, so not problem to Disney and it cannot be said same for Blue Sky Studios.

There is no report about Annapurna is interested to buy those properties, but if they did, we will know about it earlier.

and also, what did you mean by saying don't get your hope up, you mean this is something that was forgotten long time ago, would that applies to blue sky studios library & ip too?
Disney is very hard to move and they aren’t big with changes.

Unlike most of Jetix, Blue Sky Studios libraries are not abandoned and most of them are available on streaming services, also you have option to buy digitally or DVD/BD. As for their IP, they are pretty in dormant state for now.

Disney isn’t obligated to use Blue Sky Studios IP to make new movies.

I cannot help with studios sit on properties and it is not illegal for them to do those until copyright expires. Not just Disney, all studios do sit on properties.

harry580

@Moe
um actually, haim saban did bought the power rangers & the other super sentai shows saban did from disney in 2010, haim saban did sell power rangers to hasbro in 2018

and also, for the whole blue sky studios ip being in dormant and Disney isn't able to use blue sky studios ip to make new movies thing, this is basically the whole crossgen comics & w.i.t.c.h. issue again

Moe

um actually, haim saban did bought the power rangers & the other super sentai shows saban did from disney in 2010, haim saban did sell power rangers to hasbro in 2018
They did is productive so no other companies follow this example, so no offer made to buy properties that Disney don’t use anymore.

and also, for the whole blue sky studios ip being in dormant and Disney isn't able to use blue sky studios ip to make new movies thing, this is basically the whole crossgen comics & w.i.t.c.h. issue again
What I do with those? I don’t work for studio nor own studio. You said about this again and again that is outside of forum control.

I advise you to talk to Disney directly, so complain on forum won’t do anything other than grievance.

Except that "Fox" you were talking about is DEAD. Killed by Bob Iger! Hahaha.
Fox (News Corporation) is still around and they don’t own 20th Century anymore.

I referred News Corporation as Fox.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
They did is productive so no other companies follow this example, so no offer made to buy properties that Disney don’t use anymore.

What I do with those? I don’t work for studio nor own studio. You said about this again and again that is outside of forum control.

I advise you to talk to Disney directly, so complain on forum won’t do anything other than grievance.

Fox (News Corporation) is still around and they don’t own 20th Century anymore.

I referred News Corporation as Fox.
Fox Corporation and News Corpoation are two separate publicly-traded companies that are both controlled by the Murdoch family.
I know its all very confusing.

JulianRO

As for sell, many of vaulted contents are low value and Disney wouldn't make much money if they sell. If sold, there is no guarantee that new owner will take good use of contents and they could keep in storage until they become public domain when 95 years copyright protection ends, or more worse, they could destroy the master and digitize everything like Hallmark did with Filmation in 1990s to make storage much more cheaper to store.
It massively depends to who these properties are sold. If they are sold to another company who buys them for 5 bucks and then locks them again in a vault, then it's a big no.
There is no report about Annapurna is interested to buy those properties, but if they did, we will know about it earlier.
The best option to buy the Fox Kids/Saban properties is WildBrain. They also own most DiC cartoons and also Cookie Jar ones.

Many DiC cartoons back in the 80s-90s had their soundtracks composed by Haim Saban and Shuki Levy themselves, and Haim was also implicated in some ways in the creation of them.

In addition, WildBrain does something Disney usually doesn't: and that's posting lots of their cartoons on YouTube. They create (or they used to) YouTube channels for each series and then post all their episodes in English.

If WildBrain would acquire all the Fox Kids/Saban properties from Disney, we would see most (if not all) of the lost shows posted on YouTube, after being lost media for so many years.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts