Disney Company Content Libraries Discussion Thread

Moe

It massively depends to who these properties are sold. If they are sold to another company who buys them for 5 bucks and then locks them again in a vault, then it's a big no.
I can see but we have no control about companies decide to sit on properties.

There are tons of Disney produced contents are in vault for decades after premium era ended in 1997 and Vault Disney ended in 2002. Disney didn’t take good use of them, however some of them aired on TCM 4 times per year before Disney+ launched.

I’m definitely sure that unions don’t like to see studios sit on properties and they probably tried to make studios to expose the properties on free services like YouTube or Tubi.

The best option to buy the Fox Kids/Saban properties is WildBrain. They also own most DiC cartoons and also Cookie Jar ones.

Many DiC cartoons back in the 80s-90s had their soundtracks composed by Haim Saban and Shuki Levy themselves, and Haim was also implicated in some ways in the creation of them.

In addition, WildBrain does something Disney usually doesn't: and that's posting lots of their cartoons on YouTube. They create (or they used to) YouTube channels for each series and then post all their episodes in English.

If WildBrain would acquire all the Fox Kids/Saban properties from Disney, we would see most (if not all) of the lost shows posted on YouTube, after being lost media for so many years.
If WildBrain is interested to buy and they would have to make an offer to Disney to buy unused non-Disney properties, even if they are not for sale. We would hear this on news.

We haven’t hear about offer at all and we don’t know about why.

JulianRO

I can see but we have no control about companies decide to sit on properties
Yeah, indeed..... what we are doing right now is just discussing different scenarios for that library. I'm 100% sure Disney doesn't care about what we write there.
If WildBrain is interested to buy and they would have to make an offer to Disney to buy unused non-Disney properties, even if they are not for sale. We would hear this on news.
Agreed, it's not neccesary for Disney to say that they sell these properties, WildBrain can directly make a deal for them and they can buy them after that.

Honestly if I was in Disney's place, I would have immediately sold them when I noticed that I don't need them anymore.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts