Does anyone even remember Jetix?

TheMisterManGuy

Prior to Disney XD, Disney operated a TV label which much of its action/adventure shows went under called Jetix. Airing as both a Prime-time block on Toon Disney and a Morning block on ABC Family, Jetix was mainly created to archive the leftovers of the Fox Kids/Saban library after Disney's 2001 acquisition of Fox Family Worldwide, Inc., Disney also produced action cartoons under the Jetix label such as Power Rangers (Up until Saban's re-acquisition), Get Ed, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! (Damn that's a mouthful), and Yin Yang Yo! (A lot of people didn't really like this show, but I always enjoyed it for some reason). Plus, the Toon Disney block aired Batman: TAS, AND Superman: TAS way before The Hub got those shows. So did anyone remember enjoying anything from there?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I live in Portugal, we never had Jetix proper, but I recall seeing some of their shows on SIC, like Pucca or this obscure show called Combo Niños.

Dudley

Staff member
I really enjoyed Jetix and felt it was a great part of Toon Disney. At a time when CN wasn't airing a lot of shows I like, it had plenty of classic shows in the morning and fun action action cartoons during the rest of the day. I wish Disney XD didn't replace it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I remember Jetix. I remember watching it on ABC Family quite a bit, especially on Sunday. I would watch the various Digimon series, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go, W.I.T.C.H, and Dragon Booster. I was so disappointed when it took over Toon Disney because I couldn't watch it anymore. Plus, that's when ABC Family started to go downhill for me and now I usually only watch the channel around Christmas time for their Christmas specials and movies. Still, it was a pretty neat block and I remember liking it quite a bit.

TheMisterManGuy

I remember Jetix. I remember watching it on ABC Family quite a bit, especially on Sunday. I would watch the various Digimon series, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go, W.I.T.C.H, and Dragon Booster. I was so disappointed when it took over Toon Disney because I couldn't watch it anymore. Plus, that's when ABC Family started to go downhill for me and now I usually only watch the channel around Christmas time for their Christmas specials and movies. Still, it was a pretty neat block and I remember liking it quite a bit.

The only real thing I didn't like about Jetix was that it was the biggest reason Toon Disney was scrapped for Disney XD. By 2006, more than half of a daily Toon Disney schedule was Jetix programming, the other remaining half was Disney Channel shows that hadn't even been cancelled yet.

ILDC

Power Rangers an "action cartoon"... that's actually pretty accurate.

Light Lucario

Staff member
The only real thing I didn't like about Jetix was that it was the biggest reason Toon Disney was scrapped for Disney XD. By 2006, more than half of a daily Toon Disney schedule was Jetix programming, the other remaining half was Disney Channel shows that hadn't even been cancelled yet.

I thought that Jetix basically became the new name for Toon Disney. I don't remember if that was really the case or not, but I seem to remember ads for Jetix on Disney Channel back when it had already moved to Toon Disney.

Thepowerofnone

I definitely have seen and remember Jetix. It was a pretty good from what I could remember. I remember watching the Digimon series and it was very good with Tammers being my favorite series. It also help that I was able to watch the various series on Jetix because I was an early toddler when Fox Kids ended in 2002. I also remember watching the various Power Rangers series and Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Froce Go. I was lucky to see Jetix on Toon Disney after it left ABC Family.

TheMisterManGuy

I thought that Jetix basically became the new name for Toon Disney. I don't remember if that was really the case or not, but I seem to remember ads for Jetix on Disney Channel back when it had already moved to Toon Disney.
Jetix has been a part of Toon Disney ever since its introduction in February 2004. At first it was only a 2 hour prime-time block on weeknights, but soon expanded to weekends, then overnight hours, then afternoons. By 2006, there was hardly any Toon Disney on the channel. Jetix infected it like a virus, until Disney decided that having a borderline time share network on Toon Disney was pointless.

JoeMabbon

Robot Clone
I remember Jetix fondly. Its how I finished watching the episodes of Spider-Man and X-Men that I missed during their original run.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Jetix has been a part of Toon Disney ever since its introduction in February 2004. At first it was only a 2 hour prime-time block on weeknights, but soon expanded to weekends, then overnight hours, then afternoons. By 2006, there was hardly any Toon Disney on the channel. Jetix infected it like a virus, until Disney decided that having a borderline time share network on Toon Disney was pointless.

I do remember people complaining about Jetix taking over the channel for a long time until they rebranded it as Disney XD. I thought that Toon Disney had officially been rebranded to Jetix before that, but maybe that was just the block taking over so much of the channel.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I remember Jetix, but not in a good way. Honestly it is what killed Toon Disney IMO. I didn't mind it when it was just a block, but when it got to the point that there was more of it than Toon Disney proper, I had a problem.

mqg96

Yeah, I actually really liked Jetix during its first couple of years in 2004 and 2005, even in 2006 too I liked many of their shows, and I loved seeing many of the classic Marvel cartoons from FOX Kids and some of the other Power Ranger series as well. That's what I really watched it for. Yes, I remember watching Toon Disney from 1998-2003 when it was basically an all Disney animation channel only with reruns of Disney Afternoon & One Saturday Morning cartoons 24/7. However, do I think Jetix killed Toon Disney, not 100% though. I always thought of Jetix being the Disney version of Cartoon Network's Toonami.

I put it like this. See, Toonami was Cartoon Network's action block. While Jetix was Toon Disney's action block. Toonami started off as an action block on Saturday nights and got extended to weekday hours during the Powerhouse Era, however, by 2004 during the City Era, Toonami got reduced to Saturday nights only, but what if the anime Toonami all of the sudden would have gotten more popular than the Cartoon Cartoons? Then Toonami could have taken over Cartoon Network and people would be blaming Toonami for it taking over Cartoon Network's schedule (even though that never happened; just an example).

Now, when Jetix started off in 2004, it was really just an action block for Toon Disney that was filled with many great action shows, but the difference was that in 2006, Jetix's popularity got much bigger, so it ended up taking over Toon Disney's entire schedule. So then instead of Toon Disney being an all animation Disney Channel, it became more of a (Disney) channel for younger boy demographics. So by 2009, it got replaced by Disney XD.

Looking at Jetix as an individual, I really enjoyed its programming and its action shows, but I think it should have been its own channel instead of taking over Toon Disney's programming.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
mqg96 said:
I put it like this. See, Toonami was Cartoon Network's action block. While Jetix was Toon Disney's action block. Toonami started off as an action block on Saturday nights and got extended to weekday hours during the Powerhouse Era, however, by 2004 during the City Era, Toonami got reduced to Saturday nights only, but what if the anime Toonami all of the sudden would have gotten more popular than the Cartoon Cartoons? Then Toonami could have taken over Cartoon Network and people would be blaming Toonami for it taking over Cartoon Network's schedule (even though that never happened; just an example).

Toonami started out as a weekday afternoon action block that was later moved to Saturday nights largely because of the furor caused by concerned parents about the content. Many of the "edgier" action shows had to be censored and/or edited in order to be run on a weekday afternoon time slot. On Saturday nights, the censors would have a looser hand.

As for Jetix, I think that a major reason for why the block eventually took over Toon Disney is because the Jetix programming was mostly original first run shows, while Toon Disney's shows were canceled reruns, so the Jetix shows were more popular by default.

PC!

lolwut?
I was pumped when Jetix was announced. Having new episodes of Power Rangers and reruns of Digimon and other old Fox Kids shows made me think it was going to be the second coming of my favorite TV block of all time. It never really got that far, but it did give me my favorite season of Power Rangers (Dino Thunder), four newly-dubbed Digimon movies, and Digimon Data Squad.

SaneMan

I generally have positive memories of Disney XD
all in all, it had some pretty good original programming, especially Super Robot Monkey Hyper-Force Go!, the second season of W.I.T.C.H., and Oban

Pac-Attack

I liked Jetix at first, then I remember hating Jetix towards the end of it's run because it took over like 90% of Toon Disney before it became Disney XD. While this could of been avoided if Toon Disney itself had it's own original shows, why complain, Disney XD is actually pretty good now, maybe even better than TD/Jetix.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
A couple of Jetix-produced shorts (Marvo the Wonder Chicken, I believe) were airing during commercial breaks yesterday morning on Disney XD. It may of been a mistake, because I didn't see them much at all after that or anything this morning. I wonder what that was all about.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts