"Eyes of Wakanda (Disney+ Animated Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The premise sounds more like Wakandans traveling the world than protecting the kingdom from invaders, but we'll see. They could do both.

Not to get too much off-topic about the MCU Disney+ toons (probably a discussion better suited for the Disney+ thread), I think the Groot shorts are the only animated project so far that's really canon to the MCU, not an alternate universe or anything like that. But I don't think they introduced anything new in those, prior to the movies.

Could be a combination of both, the short stories collection I read featuring some globe trotting adventures, with Shuri fighting vampires in New Orleans and Black Panther finding a long lost Wakandan in Alabama.

Though I think more globe trotting adventures would more sense in the present than the past, if Wakanda was isolationist, one would assume people hardly left Wakanda until T'Challa become king and led Wakanda to interact with the outside world.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Marvel Zombies is also supposed to be only 4 episodes, I think. Though that one seems will tell a single story instead of being an anthology.

Can't really think of anything Trojan era related from the comics they could take inspiration from, but this sounds kind of interesting. If the report is accurate.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Can't really think of anything Trojan era related from the comics they could take inspiration from, but this sounds kind of interesting. If the report is accurate.
The interesting thing about the Trojan War is that it's more a myth than a real historical event that spun out of quarrel between gods over a golden apple to see who was the most beautiful. In the lens of the MCU, specifically Wakanda, they could rework the golden apple as something akin to the Heart-Shaped Herb and the mission is to recover it before it can be ingested. And the Wakandans easily infiltrate Troy due to the chaos of the war.

Does Captain Carter count?
Follow up. Sort of. There are some Marvel characters who have only appeared on What If...? and not the main MCU yet like Cagliostro/O'Bength and Uatu. And I guess technically Goliath and Freak count to some extent.

EDIT: 1/7:It be neat if one story is during WW2 and finally once and for all shows Howard getting the Vibranium from T'Chaka's father and to boot a nice tie-in to the new line about it in What If season 2.

Insider claims this about the Iron Fist:
The Iron Fist who appears is "a woman named Janora. Seemingly a new character, created for the series, Janora will be working with a Wakandan named Basha."

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A Black Panther World War II story was kind of my first thought for the show, but then reports of it going back to the Trojan war started, so it seems they're starting a bit further in time. Maybe the WWII episode - if there is one - could be the final one. It could work.

Frontier

Staff member
The interesting thing about the Trojan War is that it's more a myth than a real historical event that spun out of quarrel between gods over a golden apple to see who was the most beautiful. In the lens of the MCU, specifically Wakanda, they could rework the golden apple as something akin to the Heart-Shaped Herb and the mission is to recover it before it can be ingested. And the Wakandans easily infiltrate Troy due to the chaos of the war.

Follow up. Sort of. There are some Marvel characters who have only appeared on What If...? and not the main MCU yet like Cagliostro/O'Bength and Uatu. And I guess technically Goliath and Freak count to some extent.

EDIT: 1/7:It be neat if one story is during WW2 and finally once and for all shows Howard getting the Vibranium from T'Chaka's father and to boot a nice tie-in to the new line about it in What If season 2.

Insider claims this about the Iron Fist:
The Iron Fist who appears is "a woman named Janora. Seemingly a new character, created for the series, Janora will be working with a Wakandan named Basha."
I wonder if they'll base her off of the female Iron Fist Wu Ao-Shi.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
More comments from Brad Winderbaum.

"We're exploring so many amazing avenues on the animated side. Eyes of Wakanda, more than any other show, fits right into our sacred MCU timeline continuity," he said. "[Black Panther director Ryan Coogler] is a producer on it, Todd Harris is one of our long-time storyboard artists who directs it. It's about Wakandan history and mythology, and it's really cool. It looks amazing. And it feels like, 'Okay I'm getting an animated look into the MCU.'"

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
More comments from Brad Winderbaum.

"We're exploring so many amazing avenues on the animated side. Eyes of Wakanda, more than any other show, fits right into our sacred MCU timeline continuity," he said. "[Black Panther director Ryan Coogler] is a producer on it, Todd Harris is one of our long-time storyboard artists who directs it. It's about Wakandan history and mythology, and it's really cool. It looks amazing. And it feels like, 'Okay I'm getting an animated look into the MCU.'"
I mean, good for people who want more Wakanda o_O.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
On the The Official Marvel Podcast, Brad Winderbaum commented
Eyes of Wakanda, more than any other show we're doing in animation, ties directly into the MCU

This is a story about Wakandan history. It's produced by Ryan Coogler and directed by Todd Harris who is one of our longtime storyboard artists who I first met when he designed the Hulk vs. Thor fight in Ragnarok

It's an awesome show. The action is insane and the storytelling is fantastic. It's both about the history of Wakanda, but also expands into the greater MCU at different time periods.

If you're a fan of the movies, I think this show is going to be a real treat.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts