Fall 2010 schedules

dth1971

With a couple of weeks until the Fall 2010 season starts, are there any new 2010-2011 season Fall lineup Saturday Morning lineup schedule changes (including new shows) announced coming for September-October 2010 launch on:
ABC Kids (ABC - Saturdays)
Cookie Jar TV (CBS - Saturdays)
Qubo (NBC - Saturdays)
CW 4 Kids (CW - Saturdays)
Cookie Jar Toons (THIS TV - Weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays)

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
The CW4Kids will be no more. Starting in the fall the block will be replaced by Toonzai, a block with a heavy theme of Asian animation. We know of a few pick ups, such as DragonBall Z Kai, Tai Chi Chasers, and Penelope, however within a few weeks new series are reportedly going to be announced.

dth1971

I know Power Rangers leaves ABC Kids for Nickelodeon and Nicktoons.

Too bad CW 4 Kids is being replaced by Toonzai, why? FOX can't revive a Saturday morning block for now.

And for PBS Kids: I know there's a new weekday cartoon series coming in September called "The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That".

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Too bad CW 4 Kids is being replaced by Toonzai, why? FOX can't revive a Saturday morning block for now.

More like Fox doesn't want to compete in the Saturday morning kid vid market anymore. Fox bowed out of the SatAM race along with Kids' WB! because they were feeling the sting of the internet and cable/satellite. It's the same reason why ABC, NBC and CBS stopped producing their own SatAM shows and sold their airtime to 3rd parties like Qubo, Disney and Cookie Jar.

Saturday morning just isn't what it used to be. It was a big deal to wake up to cartoons and kids' shows on Saturday morning when the broadcast networks were the only game in town, but now that people can get their fix anytime on the net or On-Demand or a cable network which shows cartoons 24/7 or just pop in a DVD or VHS tape or simply play video games all morning, there's no real need to wait around for Saturday.

Light Lucario

Staff member

Toonzai is a rebrand for the CW4Kids. 4Kids would still be in charge of the lineup, but it would be a new block mainly focused on anime series. I believe that they announced a few months ago that they would go back to their roots and focus mostly on anime for their block in order to make it more successful. This is actually pretty old news.

Tommypezmaster

Toonzai is a rebrand for the CW4Kids. 4Kids would still be in charge of the lineup, but it would be a new block mainly focused on anime series. I believe that they announced a few months ago that they would go back to their roots and focus mostly on anime for their block in order to make it more successful. This is actually pretty old news.

For a moment I though Toonzai was a show, I didn't know it was rebranding.
thank you for clearning things up.

also what will become ABC Kids (other than PR being move to Viacome).

spidey4545

Fox Kids Historian
Reporter
ABC Kids begins their new 2010-2011 season on September 4. I'm not sure yet whether or not there will be a change in lineup, but if there ever were a time to change it would be now. This will be the first time since 2002 that Power Rangers has not aired on Saturday mornings on ABC and since that hour was not E/I compliant, it's unsure whether or not the network will cut the block down to 3 hours and just keep the timeslots for the E/I programming.

dth1971

ABC Kids begins their new 2010-2011 season on September 4. I'm not sure yet whether or not there will be a change in lineup, but if there ever were a time to change it would be now. This will be the first time since 2002 that Power Rangers has not aired on Saturday mornings on ABC and since that hour was not E/I compliant, it's unsure whether or not the network will cut the block down to 3 hours and just keep the timeslots for the E/I programming.

And expand Good Morning America Saturday to 2 hours??

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
There's also a chance that ABC Kids will be no more come September considering that ABC has licensed educational programming from another company for their ABC affiliates, though it is unknown if that will be to replace ABC Kids or if it is mostly for the digital stations ABC affiliates have.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Most, if not all, of the major-market affiliates (particularly of ABC, CBS and NBC) now see Saturday mornings as "Take Care of Business" time, which means 1 or both of:

1) Fulfill FCC's E/I requirement (because their weekday mornings are totally news/network committed)

2) Pad the coffers with infomercials

We are on any-day-now watch for ABC Kids' e-mail with their fall schedule. Also, 4Kids' next e-mail should have the lineup for this upcoming sneek peek weekend for Toonzai

dth1971

Most, if not all, of the major-market affiliates (particularly of ABC, CBS and NBC) now see Saturday mornings as "Take Care of Business" time, which means 1 or both of:

1) Fulfill FCC's E/I requirement (because their weekday mornings are totally news/network committed)

2) Pad the coffers with infomercials

We are on any-day-now watch for ABC Kids' e-mail with their fall schedule. Also, 4Kids' next e-mail should have the lineup for this upcoming sneek peek weekend for Toonzai

I know August 7, 2010 is the end of CW 4 Kids and August 14, 2010 is the start of TOONZAI!

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I know August 7, 2010 is the end of CW 4 Kids and August 14, 2010 is the start of TOONZAI!
No, it is not. Toonzai doesn't begin until September. DBZ Kai and other Toonzai previews will begin on August 14. However Toonzai itself doesn't begin until September. DBZ Kai will be part of the CW4Kids for 4 or 5 weeks until Toonzai officially starts in September.

Burgundy Ranger

ABC Kids has just been released:

The fourth hour (12-1 ET) is gone. Affiliates all over the country popping the champagne over this one.

The other three hours (the E/I block) stay exactly the same -- the same shows at the same times showing the same old tired episodes.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Damn. ABC Kids is the worst block ever after PR leaves.

I'd have Disney XD take over, but that's just me.

Burgundy Ranger

Damn. ABC Kids is the worst block ever after PR leaves.
The affiliates ask only one thing from the ABC Kids block -- do our E/I work for us. They don't care what's actually IN those shows just that it keeps the FCC off their backs.

Also, there's a new E/I agreement with Litton Entertainment to provide a block to ABC's O&O affiliates beginning Sept. 2011. So this might be the final year of ABC Kids as we know it. Of course, it's up to individual stations to sign up for the Litton block -- it's NOT being distributed by the network itself.

Golfkid

The affiliates ask only one thing from the ABC Kids block -- do our E/I work for us. They don't care what's actually IN those shows just that it keeps the FCC off their backs.

Also, there's a new E/I agreement with Litton Entertainment to provide a block to ABC's O&O affiliates beginning Sept. 2011. So this might be the final year of ABC Kids as we know it. Of course, it's up to individual stations to sign up for the Litton block -- it's NOT being distributed by the network itself.

If ABC gets new shows, whenever it is, it'll hurt Toonzai's ratings.

That's of course if Toonzai's still there. I doubt it will be.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts