Fall 2010 schedules

spidey4545

Fox Kids Historian
Reporter
ABC Kids has just been released:

The fourth hour (12-1 ET) is gone. Affiliates all over the country popping the champagne over this one.

The other three hours (the E/I block) stay exactly the same -- the same shows at the same times showing the same old tired episodes.

Looks like I was right all along. Why would they change the schedule now when they haven't done anything with the lineup since 2006? It was obvious that the fourth hour would be gone since it wasn't E/I compliant and the 3 hours worth of shows is enough to satisfy any ABC affiliate's E/I requirement. Wouldn't want 4 hours of E/I shows since affiliates only want to meet the requirement, not exceed it.

spidey4545

Fox Kids Historian
Reporter
The new lineup for Qubo's NBC block premieres on Saturday, October 2 (September 29 on ION and October 2 on Telemundo). Here's the new lineup:

10:00 AM: Turbo Dogs (new episodes)
10:30 AM: Shelldon
11:00 AM: The Magic School Bus
11:30 AM: Babar
12:00 PM: Willa's Wild Life
12:30 PM: Pearlie

Both 3-2-1 Penguins! and Jane and the Dragon are gone from the lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
Here's the Cookie Jar TV on CBS lineup starting September 18:

7:00 AM: Doodlebops Rockin' Road Show (new episode)
7:30 AM: Doodlebops Rockin' Road Show (rerun)
8:00 AM: Sabrina's Secret Life
8:30 AM: Sabrina the Animated Series
9:00 AM or 11:00 AM: Busytown Mysteries (new episode)
9:30 AM or 11:30 AM: Busytown Mysteries (rerun)

Source for this info: http://kpho.titantv.com

Golfkid

What's with the last hour having a 9 or 11 and 9:30 or 11:30 time? Does the block usually start at 7 AM as well?

dth1971

Did ABC Kids recently drop Power Rangers from its schedule? I like to see in the ABC Kids Saturday 12 Noon slot either:
a) Phineas and Ferb reruns
b) Reruns of the 1980's Saturday morning cartoon series The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show (since ABC has the rights to the classic Peanuts animated specials)
c) a rotating block of 1980's and 1990's Disney cartoon shows with 2 different shows from the Disney library airing in a hour block every week (mostly DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Goof Troop, and Bonkers)

So there's a new season of Busytown Mysteries for Fall 2010?

I hope for midseason CBS Cookie Jar TV replaces once of the Sabrina shows with Care Bears reruns or Get Along Gang reruns.

spidey4545

Fox Kids Historian
Reporter
Did ABC Kids recently drop Power Rangers from its schedule? I like to see in the ABC Kids Saturday 12 Noon slot either:
a) Phineas and Ferb reruns
b) Reruns of the 1980's Saturday morning cartoon series The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show (since ABC has the rights to the classic Peanuts animated specials)
c) a rotating block of 1980's and 1990's Disney cartoon shows with 2 different shows from the Disney library airing in a hour block every week (mostly DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, Goof Troop, and Bonkers)

The fourth hour of ABC Kids was dropped and given back to the affiliates starting this past Saturday.

Neomysterion

TZ's Resident Neopets King
Wow, this thread's been deserted for two weeks now. It needed an update (especially on NBC's part).

More like Fox doesn't want to compete in the Saturday morning kid vid market anymore. Fox bowed out of the SatAM race along with Kids' WB! because they were feeling the sting of the internet and cable/satellite. It's the same reason why ABC, NBC and CBS stopped producing their own SatAM shows and sold their airtime to 3rd parties like Qubo, Disney and Cookie Jar.

Saturday morning just isn't what it used to be. It was a big deal to wake up to cartoons and kids' shows on Saturday morning when the broadcast networks were the only game in town, but now that people can get their fix anytime on the net or On-Demand or a cable network which shows cartoons 24/7 or just pop in a DVD or VHS tape or simply play video games all morning, there's no real need to wait around for Saturday.

It's a darn shame that Fox no longer has real Saturday Morning programming, just useless marketplace barf all morning long. :( I do watch some Saturday Morning shows on the CW, NBC, and CBS at times. It's not all that bad once you get used to them. I'd do what you said about popping in a DVD or VHS tape or play video/online games, if it's reruns on all the networks.

The new lineup for Qubo's NBC block premieres on Saturday, October 2 (September 29 on ION and October 2 on Telemundo). Here's the new lineup:

10:00 AM: Turbo Dogs (new episodes)
10:30 AM: Shelldon
11:00 AM: The Magic School Bus
11:30 AM: Babar
12:00 AM: Willa's Wild Life
12:30 AM: Pearlie

Both 3-2-1 Penguins! and Jane and the Dragon are gone from the lineup.

BAD NEWS: On October 2nd, there'll be live coverage of Golf: Ryder Cup Day 2 instead of Qubo programming, darn shame. You also messed up on the schedule, there's no Qubo shows at midnight on NBC, you meant noon.

Heck, I can't wait for the Magic School Bus (best educational cartoon in my vote), and Pearlie (I watched a clip of that, it's pretty good) to air, though.

The fourth hour of ABC Kids was dropped and given back to the affiliates starting this past Saturday.

Yeah, I know. Power Rangers was the only thing worth watching on ABC Saturday Mornings, and ABC never cared to change the 9AM to 12PM timeframes since 2006. ABC's no longer worth watching anymore. :( Plus it was the original 1993 Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (yeah, with Kimberly) as well. *sniffs*, *cries*

Power Rangers will be moving to Nickelodeon (with a new season) and the Nicktoons Network (all the older adventures) in early 2011 (don't know when, though).

Sketch

not like those other old guys
ABC Kids has just been released:

The fourth hour (12-1 ET) is gone. Affiliates all over the country popping the champagne over this one.

The other three hours (the E/I block) stay exactly the same -- the same shows at the same times showing the same old tired episodes.

Such as shame for them to dump the fourth hour just because Power Rangers isn't there anymore. Disney bought Marvel for pete sake. Play Spectacular Spider-Man for that hour for a while then have the network television premieres of SSM season 2 with the first season of Avengers around November. Such a waste of potential.

Neomysterion

Such as shame for them to dump the fourth hour just because Power Rangers isn't there anymore. Disney bought Marvel for pete sake. Play Spectacular Spider-Man for that hour for a while then have the network television premieres of SSM season 2 with the first season of Avengers around November. Such a waste of potential.

Spetacular Spider-Man Season 2?!? Why didn't you say so? That may be a good move right there, instead of having to endure the very little changed ABC Kids schedule.

Sunnydee

Spetacular Spider-Man Season 2?!? Why didn't you say so? That may be a good move right there, instead of having to endure the very little changed ABC Kids schedule.

So wait, does ABC Kids not change their schedule only because a certain portion of episodes of those shows (Suite life, hannah montana, raven, emperor's new school, and the replacements) are E/I, because they're lazy, or because they just want to use the time as an infomercial to let people sample their shows and then go to disney channel?

Because if only a certain amount of those episodes are E/I compliant and the rest of the episodes from those shows aren't, then its a little more understandable as to why they don't show more episodes.

Neomysterion

So wait, does ABC Kids not change their schedule only because a certain portion of episodes of those shows (Suite life, hannah montana, raven, emperor's new school, and the replacements) are E/I, because they're lazy, or because they just want to use the time as an infomercial to let people sample their shows and then go to disney channel?

Because if only a certain amount of those episodes are E/I compliant and the rest of the episodes from those shows aren't, then its a little more understandable as to why they don't show more episodes.

You got a point there on this. ABC is definitely lazy with Saturday Mornings nowadays. 10-12 years ago, ABC Saturday Mornings were bustling with snazzy Disney cartoons like Recess, Pepper Ann, Weekenders, and many more. But now it's a waste dump full of repeats of mid-2000s Disney Channel series. ABC Saturday Mornings definitely needs an update with some more modern Disney shows like Suite Life on Deck, Jonas LA, Phineas & Ferb, among others. I'd like to see ABC change their Saturday Morning lineup for the better.

Streaker Prower

With a couple of weeks until the Fall 2010 season starts, are there any new 2010-2011 season Fall lineup Saturday Morning lineup schedule changes (including new shows) announced coming for September-October 2010 launch on:
ABC Kids (ABC - Saturdays)
Cookie Jar TV (CBS - Saturdays)
Qubo (NBC - Saturdays)
CW 4 Kids (CW - Saturdays)
Cookie Jar Toons (THIS TV - Weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays)
Here’s the 2010-11 Saturday Morning Lineups in my vision, the Saturday Morning Blocks in my AU are
Disney’s One Saturday Morning on ABC
Cookie Jar TV on CBS
Kids’ WB!
Fox Kids “Toonzai”
Qubo on NBC

ABC (Disney’s One Saturday Morning)
07-08AM Good Morning America (Not A Part of OSM)
08:00AM Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (repeats) (E/I)
08:30AM Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (repeats) (E/I)
09:00AM The Emperor's New School (repeats)
09:30AM The Replacements (repeats)
10:00AM Cory in the House (repeats)
10:30AM That's So Raven (repeats)
11:00AM Hannah Montana (repeats)
11:30AM The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (repeats)
12:00PM Phineas and Ferb (repeats)
12:30PM Phineas and Ferb (repeats)

CBS (Cookie Jar TV)
07-09AM The Early Show (Not A Part of Cookie Jar TV)
09:00AM Horseland (E/I)
09:30AM Horseland (E/I)
10:00AM Busytown Mysteries(E/I)
10:30AM Busytown Mysteries(E/I)
11:00AM The Doodlebops Rockin' Road Show (E/I)
11:30AM Trollz (E/I)

The CW (Kids' WB!)
07:00AM Cubix (E/I)
07:30AM Cubix (E/I)
08:00AM Johnny Test
08:30AM SpongeBob SquarePants
09:00AM Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
09:30AM Batman: The Brave and the Bold
10:00AM Pokémon DP Sinnoh League Victors
10:30AM Beyblade Metal Fusion
11:00AM Bakugan Gundalian Invaders
11:30AM Yu-Gi-Oh 5DS

Fox (Fox Kids)
07-08AM Local Programing
08:00AM Sonic X
08:30AM Dragon Ball Z Kai
09:00AM The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
09:30AM Dinosaur King
10:00AM Winx Club (E/I)
10:30AM Naruto Shippūden
11:00AM Power Rangers RPM
11:30AM Kirby: Right Back At Ya

NBC (Qubo)
07-09AM Today (Not a part of Qubo)
09-10AM Local Programing
10:00AM Turbo Dogs (E/I)
10:30AM Shelldon (E/I)
11:00AM The Magic School Bus (E/I)
11:30AM Babar (E/I)
12:00PM Willa's Wild Life (E/I)
12:30PM Pearlie (E/I)

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.
Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Featured Posts