Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver Sable/Sable Manfredi

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
Aaaah, can't decide between Doc Ock, Tombstone and Osborn.
Here's a hint: OSBORN!!!!

As for TAS, the reason you can't remember their origin episodes was because there weren't any. :p As previously stated, we barely even saw them outside of their costumes, except for a 2-second blurred shot in the second part of Insidious Six when Shocker was dumped in a water tank and needed to abandon suit.

Webbed-Wonder

Still thwipping!
As for TAS, the reason you can't remember their origin episodes was because there weren't any. :p As previously stated, we barely even saw them outside of their costumes, except for a 2-second blurred shot in the second part of Insidious Six when Shocker was dumped in a water tank and needed to abandon suit.
I remember he still kept his mask on in that scene.

Ian

¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
I'm going to go off the beaten track and say Shocker/Montana, followed by Hammerhead, and Silver Sable--I like competent employees.

While Gobby is obviously loads of fun, and a terrific villain, he is still (for logical reasons) missing that bit of madness and obsession that has defined him since his return during the mid-nineties. He may be Spidey's most dangerous enemy, but he's not an archenemy yet. If the character manages to get there while still mantaining the fun elements that have defined this version of the character, I'd say he'd be the definitive version of the concept. And while this version of Doc Ock has done a lot to convince me of the character's worth, I've never really taken a shine to him--I've never really understood how he got to be considered Spidey's number 2 villain.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
I'm going to go off the beaten track and say Shocker/Montana, followed by Hammerhead, and Silver Sable--I like competent employees.

While Gobby is obviously loads of fun, and a terrific villain, he is still (for logical reasons) missing that bit of madness and obsession that has defined him since his return during the mid-nineties. He may be Spidey's most dangerous enemy, but he's not an archenemy yet. If the character manages to get there while still mantaining the fun elements that have defined this version of the character, I'd say he'd be the definitive version of the concept.
Hold the phone!!
"Missing that bit of madness"? This is the guy who crashed through a glass window, shouting, "Ladies and gentlemen, good evening, bon soir, I am the Green Goblin!" Or how about, "The city's gone green!!" Or, "Guilty, guilty, and ever so guilty of being the new Big Man of Crime!" He's mad enough for many to accuse him of being a Joker ripoff! (Of course, the idea of madness by far predates the Joker....)
And he's been Spidey's archenemy all along! You'd think it was Tombstone at first, the guy creating all the supervillains. Yet the entire time, Gobby was one-up on him, biding his time 'til he could step in. He was even working for Tombstone and the guy never suspected a thing! (Well, Hammerhead accused Norman once in Reaction, but Norman espoused that suspicion with the utmost ease. "He's stolen my technology and assaulted my personnel - why would I be behind all that?")
Not to mention that he's the father of Harry, Peter's best friend, and has been a constant influence (never said it was a positive one) on Harry, which has (obviously) affected Peter on a personal level. He even wants to mentor Peter!
And you can bet that he's not done for yet - it's only a matter of time before the Green Goblin learns of Spider-Man's identity - if he hasn't already!

TwoFaced_Dark24

Naughty incarnate
5. Miles Warren- And here's the guy who can make it happen! Okay, so I know he's not the Jackal yet, but he's still an absolutely amazing villain. Which is surprising 'cause usually you need to wait 'til you're wearing a cheesy get-up before you can be an absolutely amazing villain. I loved him in all his episodes. In Destructive Testing, when Kraven comes at him with a lion, Warren just stands there without losing his cool and dances circles around him and makes some nice cash. And when Kraven grabs him, rather than panicking, he just neatens his lab coat. And the whole time, he's got a gun in his back pocket, ready just in case - he was always in control. And yet the Connors are so oblivious to the diabolical evil right there in the lab, until, that is, Warren silently takes over the lab, creates a supervillain for the Goblin, and then kicks the Connors out via blackmail. I can not wait to see him become the Jackal (though I think Greg should wait for Season 4).

Personally I hope Miles Warren doesn't turn into The Jackal, because the outfit is really stupid looking and having a crazy alter ego is uninspired. He's basically just the Green Goblin with no clothes and bigger ears. And while the ears are right for an actual jackal, I wasn't aware that jackals had green fur.

Page1.gif

CartoonOverlord

Head of HATE
Personally I hope Miles Warren doesn't turn into The Jackal, because the outfit is really stupid looking and having a crazy alter ego is uninspired. He's basically just the Green Goblin with no clothes and bigger ears. And while the ears are right for an actual jackal, I wasn't aware that jackals had green fur.
They could always change him, I mean this is the show where Kraven is a lion-man and Shocker is one of the Enforcers. They love to shake things up.

W.C.Reaf

I get the feeling that Warren might mutate himself into a jackal like creature based on what he's done in the Kraven and Molten Man episodes.

What the real question is if they're going to keep the Warren being in love with Gwen. It would be creeper considering she's still in high school.

Then again his whole motivation for becoming the Jackal was because Gwen died. So if they're not going to kill Gwen while she's in high school they'll change the Jackal's motivation and goals.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
I get the feeling that Warren might mutate himself into a jackal like creature based on what he's done in the Kraven and Molten Man episodes.
I actually have similar thoughts. I would not be surprised if Jackal was actually mutated in this series. I'd definitely want to play with the costume - the one from the comics just wouldn't look good in animation. It's supposed to be creepy, but it was barely even creepy in the comics, tbh.

What the real question is if they're going to keep the Warren being in love with Gwen. It would be creeper considering she's still in high school.
I doubt it. He's shown no interest in her so far, so it would be pretty random. And I'm quite happy about that, because that is, IMO, the big drawback to Jackal.

Then again his whole motivation for becoming the Jackal was because Gwen died. So if they're not going to kill Gwen while she's in high school they'll change the Jackal's motivation and goals.
He's a lot eviller in TSSM, so it wouldn't be hard. My idea is that after his creations constantly lose to Spidey, he begins to get obsessed with defeating the webslinger, taking it as a personal insult to his mind, and one thing leads to another....

W.C.Reaf

He's a lot eviller in TSSM, so it wouldn't be hard. My idea is that after his creations constantly lose to Spidey, he begins to get obsessed with defeating the webslinger, taking it as a personal insult to his mind, and one thing leads to another....

He hasn't shown any interesting in what his "creations" were created for, he only seems to be in it for exploring scientific boundaries. Through illegal and unethical means, sure, but not really showing any signs of wanting to take over the world or anything really villainous.

I'd say the direct conflict with Peter would be something along the lines of him wanting to study Spider-Man and learn how he got his powers. So he could think about what Kraven told him and the news story about Pete being Spidey and put two and two together. Then maybe surreptitiously try to take some of Pete's DNA to confirm his theory (remember Pete working at ESU again must be for something or else they wouldn't have bothered with it).

After that who knows. Maybe some cloning research. :shrug:

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
He hasn't shown any interesting in what his "creations" were created for, he only seems to be in it for exploring scientific boundaries. Through illegal and unethical means, sure, but not really showing any signs of wanting to take over the world or anything really villainous.

I'd say the direct conflict with Peter would be something along the lines of him wanting to study Spider-Man and learn how he got his powers. So he could think about what Kraven told him and the news story about Pete being Spidey and put two and two together. Then maybe surreptitiously try to take some of Pete's DNA to confirm his theory (remember Pete working at ESU again must be for something or else they wouldn't have bothered with it).

After that who knows. Maybe some cloning research. :shrug:
Makes sense to me. In fact, I believe that someone asked Greg how Warren was stupid enough not to put two-and-two together, and Greg replied, "Who says he hasn't?"
Personally, I would love that.
Really, I'm fine with a vast majority of motivations (no one seems to be dominant at this time), just as long as he doesn't have a thing for Gwen....

ryandcow

I picked Venom, because I liked the Eddie Brock of this series a ton, as well as the black suit Spidey. Also I liked this Venom just as much as the 1st comic one, and the season 1 finale was great, the we/us thing always delightfully creeps me out. Another thing is, Where is Eddie? thats a new one, generally the symbiote leaves it's previous host where it last was... but Eddie's not there. If there's a season 3 I'm hoping for a Scorpion/Carnage, because one of the detectives was mentioned as the guy who is Scorpion (his name escapes me though it is Irish I know for sure), and once there's a venom there always can be Carnage.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
I picked Venom, because I liked the Eddie Brock of this series a ton, as well as the black suit Spidey. Also I liked this Venom just as much as the 1st comic one, and the season 1 finale was great, the we/us thing always delightfully creeps me out. Another thing is, Where is Eddie? thats a new one, generally the symbiote leaves it's previous host where it last was... but Eddie's not there. If there's a season 3 I'm hoping for a Scorpion/Carnage, because one of the detectives was mentioned as the guy who is Scorpion (his name escapes me though it is Irish I know for sure), and once there's a venom there always can be Carnage.
Scorpion and Hobgoblin are both confirmed.
By the way, you intended for Scorpion to be a separate thought from the symbiotes, right? You didn't mean to apply anything.... modern.... right?

ryandcow

Scorpion and Hobgoblin are both confirmed.
By the way, you intended for Scorpion to be a separate thought from the symbiotes, right? You didn't mean to apply anything.... modern.... right?
No, no, no, I was just saying those are the two villains I want to appear in the third season. I thought the scorpion would be in it when we heard his alter ego as the detective.

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
No, no, no, I was just saying those are the two villains I want to appear in the third season. I thought the scorpion would be in it when we heard his alter ego as the detective.
*sighs in relief*
And yes, Scorpey's been confirmed, along with Hobby. Greg's responded "no comment" to Carnage, but judging by the set-up and the fact that Carnage appeared in a radio play Greg wrote taking place right after Season 2 (it was crossover between Gargoyles and TSSM), I'd say there's a very good chance of Carnage - I'd bet on it. Now let's just hope that censors don't ruin him....

Radical

Banned
My most favorite Spectacular Spider-Man villains:

The Green Goblin - His new design was awesome which he's the Marvel version of the Joker alright & that he looks like him as well:evil:, hehehe, & Steven Blum did him perfectly.His great appearance makes him more goblin-like too & the Jackal from the comics so looks like him with a more evolved look as well which is awesome.
Electro - He's one cool electric supervillain who was great back in the Spider-Man games I've played.
Dr.Octopus/Master Planner - The greatest, calculating evil scientist villain ever with great evil plans & a cool new identity as well.
Shocker - Such a cool supervillain who has cool damaging powers & Jim Cummings did him justice in Spider-Man:TAS.
Sandman - The most best sand-powered supervillain next to Sunshine, Crocodile, & Gaara, sand-users RULE, hehehe.
The Lizard - I'm such a reptile fan which he's the coolest reptile villain ever next to my Killer Croc/Sauron/Stegron:D.
Tombstone - I love his new look making him more of a ruthless, calculating crime boss ever, he's been my favorite when I first saw him in Spider-Man:TAS on FOX Kids.
Hammerhead - He's one cool freaky villain who mostly uses his head, hehehe, & so looks like Dick Tracey's Flattop:eek:!!!!!
Venom - He's the greatest, threatening supervillain ever with the creepy we/us thing which his new design is awesome making him more stronger/frightening with the extra mouth included, yikes!!!!!
Mysterio - The greatest freakiest supervillain who's the master of special effects/holograms & that he looks like the Evil Duke of Zill from the Felix The Cat Movie due to their big dome heads, hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpideyFan914

Greatest Poster Ever!
The Jackal is such a cool beast villain which he looks like a more evolved version of the Green Goblin which is so awesome.
Wait, what? The Jackal hasn't appeared yet, and certainly hasn't become a "beast villain" - in fact, we don't even know if he will.... Though Miles Warren is in there, if that's what you meant.

ryandcow

Maybe he knows things we don't ;)the jackal would be great idea for this
series as long as he's not a hairy Gobby and is something more like Kraven. I like your idea of frustration making him mutate himself.

Arsenal

Magneto was right
I waffled between Green Goblin and Tombstone. What's more difficult: Not messing up a classic villain or revitalizing a forgotten baddie?

Spectacular Spider-Man turned Tombstone into a breakout character. He's this show's Mr. Freeze: a bit player turned into a star.

This isn't easy to do. The generic bad guys lack star quality. That's why they're generic. For every Mr. Freeze, there's a Hugo Strange or Firefly who re-affirms why nobody cares about them with each appearance.

But someone in the creative meeting must have asked, "Hey, what if we made Tombstone really cool? What if we made him more of a Kingpin than the Kingpin?" And it stuck. Some credit should go to the voice actor. (I can't keep it straight if it was Keith David or Michael Richardson. Somebody, feel free to correct me.) He brought a gravitas that was necessary for us to take Tombstone seriously.

Then, there's Goblin. The Goblin is one of the best villains in comic books. He's on a short list with Lex Luthor, the Joker, Magneto and Dr. Doom.

But that's what is so difficult about him. Remember The Batman? Remember what they did to the Joker? It was so bad that it took them about four seasons to get their credibility back.

Had the Spectacular Spider-Man botched Green Goblin, nothing else would have mattered. But the creators got it right.

I voted for Tombstone because I prefer gritty mob bosses to manic lunatics, but I can't argue with anyone who voted for Goblin.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Question: What is it about animation that always keeps you coming back for more even sometimes bad movies/shows?
What was your first instance of being hyped for something.

For me it was the Phineas and Ferb episode "Act your Age"
If I could actually love, I would love everyone of you. Thank you.
This has been a wild weekend.
nickatnite.com and nick.com schedules for The Neighborhood somehow have episode synopsis but not all: Example: early Sun Jul 21 5:34am - Welcome to the Stakeout, Synopsis: "When there’s a break-in at Calvin’s business, he teams up with Dave for a stakeout to catch the culprit in the act."

Featured Posts