Football In Animation

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
All that running from bad guys has finally paid off for Ron Stoppable!

My My a lot of football, but then just recently we could add in one more character to this mix of football frenzy. and in a way he's a lot like Charlie Brown is/was:

0734.jpg

Yes folks, Kim Possible's Ron Stoppable.​

In the opening episode of Season 4, Ill-Suited, (which is Ron's Senior Year I might add), Ron decided to 'step up' and try and become a football player.

Of course he did get onto the football team (initially cheating his way onto the team), as Middleton High's Varsity quarterback (using Kim's battlesuit), but in the final few minutes of this episode, we find out that "All that running from evil villains", has finally paid off, as Ron goes from "Zero to Hero" in one shot as Middleton High's top notch Running back who broke more high school records (in one High School game no less), than even Middleton's former Quarterback, Brick Flagg could ever do.

Oh and he's dating the head Cheerleader... Kim Possible..

I mean how cool is that?

See, Running from Bad guys does pay off as we see Ron 'he's a loser' Stoppable become in one shot, Ron 'He's a winner' Stoppable.

and the double irony was that in every episode where there was a football game Ron pulled his weight.. and set more rushing records than ever conceived..

Maybe Stoppable has a place in football history..After all you could be looking at a Heisman trophy winner here...But in cartoon form.

Oh and this proves one thing.. Never count out the little guy.. Cause in the end, Justice will be served for all the so called Losers of the world. Because behind it all guys like (Charlie)Brown and (Ron)Stoppable are indeed.. winners..

:coyote:

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Yes folks, Kim Possible's Ron Stoppable. [/center]

In the opening episode of Season 4, Ill-Suited, (which is Ron's Senior Year I might add), Ron decided to 'step up' and try and become a football player.

Of course he did get onto the football team (initially cheating his way onto the team), as Middleton High's Varsity quarterback (using Kim's battlesuit), but in the final few minutes of this episode, we find out that "All that running from evil villains", has finally paid off, as Ron goes from "Zero to Hero" in one shot as Middleton High's top notch Running back who broke more high school records (in one High School game no less), than even Middleton's former Quarterback, Brick Flagg could ever do.

Oh and he's dating the head Cheerleader... Kim Possible..

I mean how cool is that?

See, Running from Bad guys does pay off as we see Ron 'he's a loser' Stoppable become in one shot, Ron 'He's a winner' Stoppable.

and the double irony was that in every episode where there was a football game Ron pulled his weight.. and set more rushing records than ever conceived..

Maybe Stoppable has a place in football history..After all you could be looking at a Heisman trophy winner here...But in cartoon form.

Oh and this proves one thing.. Never count out the little guy.. Cause in the end, Justice will be served for all the so called Losers of the world. Because behind it all guys like (Charlie)Brown and (Ron)Stoppable are indeed.. winners..

:coyote:

*coughEyeshield21cough*

Anthonynotes

Flintstones had one where Fred had to go back and complete high school, joins the football team and carries the entire opposing team with him on his way to a touchdown when they try to tackle him.

Adding to the Flintstones list:

- The episode where Fred goes to "Prinstone" University (Princeton) and manages to join the football team, playing against "Shale" (Yale) in the big game between both prehistoric-Ivy League rivals---with the other players being big brutes with Bamm-Bamm-type strength. :p

- Bamm-Bamm is shown playing football for Bedrock High School as a teenager.

-B.

Bones Justice

Bring on the noise!
Mutant League

Mutant League, of course, included lots of football. The teams played a lot of sports but football was one of the main ones featured in the show. The original accident that created the race of mutants in the show happened during a football game, too. That football stadium literally became ground zero for mutants from then on since much of the area was toxic to normal humans. Of course, Mutant League football was an off-shoot of standard American football but the rules were basically the same except more brutal play was allowed. Bones Justice and Razor Kidd were star football players for Mutant State before graduating to the (professional) Mutant League.

I also liked it when Ron Stoppable became a star running back in Kim Possible. It would have been nice to see more stories around Ron playing football.

I haven't seen Eyeshield 21 but I vaguely know what it's about. I hope it will make it's way to American television since it features American football. Football and anime are popular here so it seems like a good fit.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
I also liked it when Ron Stoppable became a star running back in Kim Possible. It would have been nice to see more stories around Ron playing football.

I haven't seen Eyeshield 21 but I vaguely know what it's about. I hope it will make it's way to American television since it features American football. Football and anime are popular here so it seems like a good fit.

Basically the reason behind Ron becoming a great running back are almost the same as Sena's reason in Eyeshield 21. Sena became fast to avoid problem with bullies.

Off course Sena has to train hard to increase his potential and master special running techniques like crossover steps.

DEVIL BAT GHOST!!! hehehehe.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
In the Pokémon episode "Dues and Don'ts," Team Rocket challenges Ash and friends to a football match. However, it turns out that the football is a bomb and Team Rocket is trying to blast off Ash and company. Of course, it's Team Rocket who ends up blasting off in the end.

DrTooth

I remembered one just off the bat.

In the Muppet Babies episode "Fozzie's Family Tree," Fozzie talks about some of his relatives... the Chicago Bears. Get it? bears? Wocka Wocka!!

But seriously, Peter Cullen did a couple of the Football playing bears' voices. This is one of the only episodes he guest voiced.

2happy

cuz i eat 2 much pancake batta
if my memory is correct king arthur and the knights of ther round were football players

rubberchicken

The biggest thing since WWIII
National Treasure II (a Disney movie) had an animated short before it featuring Goofy as an American football fan. It was actually about setting up his brand-new high-def big-screen plasma surround-sound TiVo entertainment system so that he could watch the game on TV, so there wasn't all that much football in it, but I'd think it works nonetheless.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
if my memory is correct king arthur and the knights of ther round were football players
It was King Arthur and the Knights of Justice and yes, an entire team of football players was transported back in time as replacements for the missing King Arthur and his knights of the round table.

Typing that statement just made my head hurt for some reason :sweat:

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
It was King Arthur and the Knights of Justice and yes, an entire team of football players was transported back in time as replacements for the missing King Arthur and his knights of the round table.

Typing that statement just made my head hurt for some reason :sweat:

Because we know nothing can stops the forces of darkness like a good defense line eh? :lol:

jrh31584

Also an excellent speller.
Music originally composed for NFL Films has been used in a few episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
My Gym Partner's a Monkey had one where the Charles Darwin school took on some team consisting of Humans. It also incorperated the NFL jingle, or a sound like, I don't know.

Beat

Retired
Football has been referenced in a great number of cartoons in America so I really don't know where to begin but the true oddity is Eyeshield 21... An animated series about a Japanese high school American Football team. You can catch 5 poorly dubbed episodes on Toonami Jetstream right now actually (they're up until the end of Sunday).

It gets worse when you realize that the show was funded by the NFL.

DrTooth

The Super Mario World episode "The Night before Cave Christmas" featured the Charging Chuck characters. But oddly, they were the confused ones that toss Baseballs.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Nobody said The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show (Peanuts), where Charlie Brown always miss the football thanks to Lucy and her lies on keeping the football steady.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts