Fox Kids/Jetix & Saban Library - Missing on Disney+

harry580

maybe sell the international fox kids channels to either news corporation or disney or maybe spin them off as switchover media like in Italy

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
maybe sell the international fox kids channels to either news corporation or disney or maybe spin them off as switchover media like in Italy
I think DIC would probably choose to sell the international FK channels to News Corp, DIC would still remain a partner of the channel.

Two Two's

Honestly, I wouldn't be disappointed in Disney had if they released complete DVDs of the shows. They had a chance to release these shows onto DVD worldwide but missed that opportunity.

JulianRO

Yeah, it would still have been a nice idea.
But since 2006 Disney didn't release any complete DVDs, afaik (the last shows to be completely released were The Tick and Sweet Valley High.)

Also important to note is that Disney absorbed SIP Animation in October last year.

Two Two's

If I recall, the creator of Spydogs did confirm that Disney still holds the rights to the show via an interview

JulianRO

It still surprises me that BVS Entertainment still exists as a company and it wasn't yet absorbed into other bigger Disney unit, as how they absorbed SIP Animation.
Screenshot_20240810_144846_Brave.jpg

GRPHX

Yeah, it would still have been a nice idea.
But since 2006 Disney didn't release any complete DVDs, afaik (the last shows to be completely released were The Tick and Sweet Valley High.)

Also important to note is that Disney absorbed SIP Animation in October last year.
Keep in mind that these two still on stream services only in USA. But apart from Disney+.

It still surprises me that BVS Entertainment still exists as a company and it wasn't yet absorbed into other bigger Disney unit, as how they absorbed SIP Animation.View attachment 309726
Well, even though Disney abandoned the Power Rangers IP to its original producer Saban in 2010, What if I tell you that company called as "MMPR Productions Inc" is still active and hasn't folded anywhere? Probably you will say "sictir". :d
sictir.jpg

BVS' offices seems to be shared with CSC Headquarters... Wonder if the company still has employees
That's Disney's headquarters in Delaware, but other than headquarters addresses and official records I've researched to add to Wikipedia, there is not a single source where the names BVS and Disney appear directly together.
Disney probably sees it as a host for the Saban library since they don't want to mix it with their own content.
Host for what...?

It is absolutely horrifying that despite the passing years, every executive within Disney is still ghosting this company and its assets. I've lost all hope of seeing these on stream now. However, some of these titles are still offered, albeit limitedly, in some local locations, usually through independent distributors. For example, the Italy 2023 edition of the Diabolik complete DVD set.
8031179985616.jpg

Among these titles, I believe that there are valuable things that Disney should give a chance to, such as Diabolik, The Tick, Sweet Valley High, W.I.T.C.H., A.T.O.M., Life with Louie and Eek The Cat, Susie Q. I don't understand why this library is ghosted (unless there are reasons other than financial reasons)?

Is all of this content this bad? Every product produced by Disney itself is of high quality, but does the BVS library not meet the quality standards, dude W.I.T.C.H. and Susie Q were produced entirely for Disney. What kind of nonsense is this?

Who will remember BVS Entertainment and its assets 10 or 20 years from now?

In a few years, when they lose "exclusivity" rights for some titles, the use and distribution of some properties will become a legal hell. The assets will remain in their hands as unlicensed empty shells. You own the property but you cannot use it and neither can anyone else but you. Disney was supposed to fold "BVS Entertainment Inc." to "ABC Family Worldwide Inc." long ago. Nobody cares about these assets anymore. They were left in obscurity. They will never use these assets again. God knows what the masters will become. Damn unions.

What surprises me is that this company and no one other absorbed SIP entirely. It's like a meeting between two old friends ;)
View attachment 309727
This made me unnecessarily emotional. Until this year, we thought that these two were separate group companies that had already split up and would never come together again, and even Wikipedia, the internet's largest source of information, supported this misinformation. Two old friends, two bullets, BVS and SIP. There is nothing that better describes their loneliness and isolation in a media giant. They are unwanted child's left to orphanage and our chilhood left to an orphanage with them.

Last edited:

JulianRO

Two old friends, two bullets, BVS and SIP. There is nothing that better describes their loneliness and isolation in a media giant. They are unwanted child's left to orphanage and our chilhood left to an orphanage with them.
Maybe this merge will finally mean that Disney might add some old contents on Disney+, too.

Two Two's

What annoys me about Disney ignoring these wonderful shows is that they can just put these shows on Star....

Alot of these shows were worldwide hits (Eek the Cat and Life with Louie) and were remembered by those who grew up with them as amazing shows.

In Europe, FOX Kids is widely popular and it's series continue it's legacy through fanmade content. Even in the 2000s Disney was pumping out DVDs (alebit they were unfinished most of the time)

In North America, Disney outright ignores these shows. While there are many issues with the failure of the FOX Family Channel and the rise of Pokemania (Spider-Man Unlimited being one them, and it's avaliable on Disney+ which gives them no excuse)

Two Two's

There is simply no interest for now to add them. Who knows, maybe in 2030?
Hopefully, Disney themselves have a severe problem with not even putting their own TVA shows and if they get that problem out of the way, maybe we will see BVS shows on Disney+.

GRPHX

Hopefully, Disney themselves have a severe problem with not even putting their own TVA shows and if they get that problem out of the way, maybe we will see BVS shows on Disney+.
The lack of TVA shows makes me less upset about the BVS-Fox Kids library now. Feels better knowing that this isn't about the titles themselves, but about Disney's usual disgrace.

But it bothers me that the BVS-Fox Kids titles (a few movies and 3 TV series') added to Amazon and Hulu are isolated from Disney+.

Last edited:

Two Two's

The lack of TVA shows makes me less upset about the BVS-Fox Kids library now. Feels better knowing that this isn't about the titles themselves, but about Disney's usual disgrace.

But it bothers me that the BVS-Fox Kids titles (a few movies and 3 TV series') added to Amazon and Hulu are isolated from Disney+.

I do agree with you. The 3 BVS shows do deserve to be on Disney+. They are timeless classics that span different generations and could be enjoyed by someone who is just picking up these shows.

If they were to add these shows once their licenses are finished on those platforms, They should add the more popular shows (Eek, Diabolik, Louie and Why Why to name a few.)

Two Two's

I do agree with you. The 3 BVS shows do deserve to be on Disney+. They are timeless classics that span different generations and could be enjoyed by someone who is just picking up these shows.

If they were to add these shows once their licenses are finished on those platforms, They should add the more popular shows (Eek, Diabolik, Louie and Why Why to name a few.)
The BVS library is diverse. There's a show from Ruby Spears, shows based on comics, original ideas. It is such a sham this library has been forgotten about by Disney.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts