• I watched it when I was bored: C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I heard about it: D

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Gargoy... Wha?: F+

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Storm

I thought this show was disney animation's BEST!!! It was creative and kept the fans coming back for more. I still watch the reruns on toon disney. This show was mixed with action, comedy,
romance, and angst all in one. I still remember characters like Goliath, Elisa, Demona, Lex, Bronx, Xanatos, Broadway, Brooklyn, Fox and Angela!!! I give this show an A+!!! I only wish Disney made new episode.

Well you guys tell me what you all thought of "Gargoyles" :D

Luna

Daydreamer
Yeah,it was one of the greatest animated series ever!!!!....too bad it wasn't continued....

Storm

Hey I.R. Joey if you have Toon Disney catch the reruns of Gargoyles at 11:00 p.m. weeknights Monday - Friday.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
In my book it is the greatest Toonami series of all time. I wish I had more time to expound on how great it is, but this post will have to do for now. I was actually just thinking the other day with the action line up Disney has put together on ABC Family that they should really add Gargoyles to the mix over there instead of burying it late at night on Toon Disney.​

Anarky

Team Conan
FOX had some awesome afternoon programming back in the day:

BTAS, Gargoyles, Spider-Man, X-Men.

Sigh. WHAT HAPPENED!!! Curse those pocket monsters!!!

Anarky

Team Conan
Gargoyles was a great series, especially the villains and the storylines that went with them.

The best was Demona but props to the staff for creating MacBeth and weaving he & Demona the way they did.

Xanatos was a great villain AND ally to the Gargoyles.

The Pack was awesome too.
I also liked the story arc featuring the Hunters.

Oh and great twist having Puck play the straightman Owens. What was the mystical place he was banished from???

It was also cool that they used a Latina cop as a co-star. They must've like what BTAS did w/ Renee Montoya.

This show was neat because it kinda had a Batman meets TMNT approach. It was dark like Batman yet the heroes had to hide from a fearful public, like the Turtles. By the way, looking forward to the new Turtles series.

Anarky

Team Conan
I answered my own question

Puck was banished from Avalon.
that was a great ending, and an incredible twist. The whole time Owens was really Puck.

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
Gargoyles was my favorite show when I was a kid, and I watched it all the time. Demona and Brooklyn were my favorite characters (I even had a bit of a crush on the beak-boy ^_^; ) And yeah, Puck/Owen was great.

I haven't seen that show in forever, though. Alas, I don't have Toon Disney. :( It sucks that they're censoring it.

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
It varied. Some of the sci-fi stuff didn't work so well, but the fantasy and historical stuff...super! I'd say overall some of the story arcs were awesome, but some of the episodes were kinda blah. And then in the last season when it went over to Nelvana, it went down the toilet.

B

Lachesis

The one with the tape measurer
Originally posted by Anarky

It was also cool that they used a Latina cop as a co-star. They must've like what BTAS did w/ Renee Montoya.

I hate to break it to you, but Elisa Maza's half Africa-American and half Native-American.

Craig Marinaro

The Feast of 1,000 Beasts
but props to the staff for creating MacBeth

Well, they didn't exactly *create* Macbeth (anymore than Shakespeare did, for that matter), although they did flesh him out and weave him into the story quite creatively.

RogueMartian

Cogito Ergo Sum
This series was disney and american animation at its finest. It was intelligent, the plots were intricate and clever. The story had its humor and dark moments. I truly hate what Disney did to it. They put it on ABC mornings, then destroyed it with the evil "Goliath Chronicles" (anyone who has seen TGC knows how bad they are), and then cancelled it. The true tragedy was that the series never got any closure. Its a real shame that they didn't make a movie to finish off the series. That would have been nice.

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Great show. For me, this was Disney television animation at its best. What I liked about this show is how the different conflicts would play out at a slow, yet steady, pace throughout the series. Even self contained episodes added something to an already existing characters development or conflicts. For example, it's interesting when you look at The Pack from their early days on the show and how much each individual member had changed by the end of the series. Gargoyles is one of my favorite animated series of all time and it's a shame Disney has yet to copy its success in terms of writing for an action show.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
FOX had some awesome afternoon programming back in the day:

BTAS, Gargoyles, Spider-Man, X-Men.

Sigh. WHAT HAPPENED!!! Curse those pocket monsters!!!

Gargoyles was easily (and still is) one of the most creative cartoons every done and still ranks as one of my faves. I very much remember coming home and doing my homework in front of BTAS, followed by Spidey: TAS and topped off with an hour of Gargoyles.

I really do wish Toon Disney would consider re-airing the episode where Eliza gets shot - the gap it left was just to big and the message was very well done and shouldn't be ignored the way it has been.

-Joe!

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
Originally posted by RogueMartian
This series was disney and american animation at its finest. It was intelligent, the plots were intricate and clever. The story had its humor and dark moments. I truly hate what Disney did to it. They put it on ABC mornings, then destroyed it with the evil "Goliath Chronicles" (anyone who has seen TGC knows how bad they are), and then cancelled it. The true tragedy was that the series never got any closure. Its a real shame that they didn't make a movie to finish off the series. That would have been nice.

"the goliath chronicles" was really sub-par. for "TGC," they changed animation studios and writers and what was left was nothing resembles the original gargoyles series. was greg weisman even involved with "TGC"? gargoyles along with exo-squad did not insult the viewers intelligence with their involving story.

zimbach

Nice Jigglypuffs! ¡
TGC was a rush job. This came about the year that ABC-Capital Cities was bought by Disney. Because of the merger some of the previously established programming contracts with ABC were voided, including a few Saturday Morning cartoon spots. Disney tapped their existing properties to fill the holes, placing a rush order on some new episodes so they could have some exclusive episodes of Disney Afternoon shows for ABC. Since Gargoyles had just ended on DA, they continued the show rather than create new episodes that could be inserted randomly in the existing series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts