General International TV Channels Thread

J10

TV5MONDE is launching its FAST channel, TV5Monde Voyage, on Tarfeeh TV, in the MENA Region.

Another channel will be launched soon in the same platform.

The two channels will be launched on Tarfeeh TV, the first FAST platform targeted for the MENA region with a list of curated free ad-supported television channels.
TV5Monde and OTTera have partnered to launch two FAST (free ad-supported TV) channels in the MENA region.

The two channels will be launched on Tarfeeh TV, a joint venture between OTTera and SAWA Rights Management, by the end of the year. Tarfeeh TV is the first FAST platform to be available worldwide and targeted for the MENA region with a list of curated free ad-supported television channels.

The first channel, TV5Monde Voyage will air a curated selection of premier lifestyle series and programs, delving into the realms of trends, travel, fashion, design, and much more. The lineup includes acclaimed titles such as #version française, Demo de mode, and Tendance XXI. The second channel will immerse audiences in the culinary world, and air hit shows like Papilles and Epicerie Fine. Both channels will feature programming enriched with Arabic subtitles.

The partnership between OTTera and TV5Monde aims to provide MENA region audiences with a diverse range of lifestyle-related content that appeals to a broad spectrum of interests.

Speaking about the partnership, Stephen L. Hodge, CEO at OTTera said: “TV5Monde has been a longstanding orchestrator of premium content, reaching global audiences with authentic and entertaining stories. We are proud to be chosen by TV5Monde as the partner to help power and deliver their FAST channels to Tarfeeh TV and other prominent platforms in MENA and across the globe.”

The collaboration between OTTera and TV5Monde propels FAST programming distribution, empowering viewers to conveniently enjoy their favorite content on-demand.

J10

Double Post:

Sorry for that, but it’s URGENT!

Disney is set to sell their businesses to Reliance Industries.

Disney could be offloading its Indian operation in a deal valuing the business at $10B.

Bloomberg News reported that a deal to sell a majority stake to rival Reliance Industries was nearing completion. Citing unnamed sources close to the agreement, it reported Reliance values the assets it would acquire at between $7B-$8B, meaning Disney India is worth around $10B in total.

This follows months of rumors Disney would get rid of its Indian operation as its U.S. flagship operation reconfigures its global operation and attempts to bring down costs. News it could be sold or turned into a joint venture first emerged in July.

Disney has also held talks with Indian billionaires Gautam Adani and Kalanithi Maran, who owns Indian network Sun TV, along with private equity firm Blackstone, according to various reports in recent weeks, but it appears Reliance to set to win the race.

Disney’s Indian operation includes subscription streamer Disney+ Hotstar, which has shows such as The Night Manager India and Aarya, and an extensive networks biz.

A deal could be announced as soon as next month, though it’s possible Disney could decide to stick and not twist.

Through joint venture Viacom18, Reliance co-owns JioCinema, the low-cost streaming service that has been chipping away at Disney+ Hotstar’s streaming market dominance in the past year.

In recent years, Hotstar has a distance ahead of its rivals but JioCinema has in the past year bagged streaming rights to the ultra-popular IPL cricket league, and struck a deal for HBO’s premium content. Both previously went out through Hotstar and are considered to have helped JioCinema’s user base grow as its rival’s has fallen sharply.

Disney also has a significant linear TV operation in India, which may not be a good structural fit going forwards. In the same week rumors of a Disney India sale emerged, Disney CEO Bob Iger told CNBC that the model was “definitely broken.”

Disney declined to comment, while Reliance had not responded to requests for comment at press time.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Double Post:

Sorry for that, but it’s URGENT!

Disney is set to sell their businesses to Reliance Industries.

Disney could be offloading its Indian operation in a deal valuing the business at $10B.

Bloomberg News reported that a deal to sell a majority stake to rival Reliance Industries was nearing completion. Citing unnamed sources close to the agreement, it reported Reliance values the assets it would acquire at between $7B-$8B, meaning Disney India is worth around $10B in total.

This follows months of rumors Disney would get rid of its Indian operation as its U.S. flagship operation reconfigures its global operation and attempts to bring down costs. News it could be sold or turned into a joint venture first emerged in July.

Disney has also held talks with Indian billionaires Gautam Adani and Kalanithi Maran, who owns Indian network Sun TV, along with private equity firm Blackstone, according to various reports in recent weeks, but it appears Reliance to set to win the race.

Disney’s Indian operation includes subscription streamer Disney+ Hotstar, which has shows such as The Night Manager India and Aarya, and an extensive networks biz.

A deal could be announced as soon as next month, though it’s possible Disney could decide to stick and not twist.

Through joint venture Viacom18, Reliance co-owns JioCinema, the low-cost streaming service that has been chipping away at Disney+ Hotstar’s streaming market dominance in the past year.

In recent years, Hotstar has a distance ahead of its rivals but JioCinema has in the past year bagged streaming rights to the ultra-popular IPL cricket league, and struck a deal for HBO’s premium content. Both previously went out through Hotstar and are considered to have helped JioCinema’s user base grow as its rival’s has fallen sharply.

Disney also has a significant linear TV operation in India, which may not be a good structural fit going forwards. In the same week rumors of a Disney India sale emerged, Disney CEO Bob Iger told CNBC that the model was “definitely broken.”

Disney declined to comment, while Reliance had not responded to requests for comment at press time.

Is this a Sony/Zee fusion thing or Disney fully bails out?

Reactions: J10

J10

Is this a Sony/Zee fusion thing or Disney fully bails out?
This isn’t about Zee. It is about Disney India’s properties like Star, Nat Geo, and Disney, which is planned to be sold.

The highlights from the MENA channels of Nat Geo, after the takeover to Disney EMEA’s management, which happened after the closure of the Asian feed.

themidnightlore

Staff member
This isn’t about Zee. It is about Disney India’s properties like Star, Nat Geo, and Disney, which is planned to be sold.

The highlights from the MENA channels of Nat Geo, after the takeover to Disney EMEA’s management, which happened after the closure of the Asian feed.
I mean, I was asking if Disney was planning to fuse in India for stay in the country or if they were bailing out with selling their assets. And it's the latter.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Here are the logos of the four new RTL Hungary channels, shown on the Big Picture 2023 conference. I thought that the Klub channels will have unique logos instead of these oversimplified and unified ones.
1698334930452.png

As for its competitor TV2: the TV2 Group will get a new logo, Tények will get a new look after 6 years, and TV2 Kids will be ad-free from New Year's Day, following the footsteps of M2. https://media1.hu/2023/10/26/meguju...nek-a-tv2-vezetoi-a-big-picture-konferencian/

Insidus

I can honestly see this take a toll on international markets seeing as less content would be commissioned.

Mr Chilean

I can honestly see this take a toll on international markets seeing as less content would be commissioned.
I think that in LatAm there have already been 2 cases: AMC with VTR (since 2017 or 2018, and had not yet resolved the case), and RTVE with VTR, DIRECTV LatAm and Tigo Colombia (all because RTVE forces the 3 cable companies for the suite of RTVE, composed of TVE, 24h, Star and Clan, instead to only TVE).

Markus Nelis

The American Football has expanded as NFL shows are airing on MTV Sub channel in Finland. Right now game is live and broadcasting with Finnish commentary :D NFL this season airs every day meaning they possibly have the broadcasting rights to every event. Hm, interesting but I love watching sports so I'm happy. Still a quite odd choice as it's not even popular here.

EDIT: Looking at the ratings it got 242,000 last week so it's actually quite good result. Reminder that it was the third most watched premiere broadcast on the channel in last week's totals!

Last edited:

Francisque

VH1 Italy to shut down operation in Italy within the year.

Not that it comes with a surprise, low EPG position on digital terrestrial, full of faults, oversights, and with a basic not very curated schedule.

It is also one of the very few remaining VH1s

themidnightlore

Staff member

Not that it comes with a surprise, low EPG position on digital terrestrial, full of faults, oversights, and with a basic not very curated schedule.

So... ParGlo will only keep Super! as FTA channel. I still think that closing Paramount Network and Spike was a bad idea, since they had their fair share of audience, if I recall well (and I hate that Mediaset took the LCN quick)

Francisque

If Paramount had good managers, they would even have kept MTV intact on FTA, instead of selling that slot to Sky for TV8, although I realize as of lately, TV8 is much better than MTV, especially in its last years.

Most of their decisions on Italian TV have been from bad to fatal

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ

surprisingly, there will be only two International VH1s remaining, VH1 Denmark and VH1 India.

themidnightlore

Staff member
surprisingly, there will be only two International VH1s remaining, VH1 Denmark and VH1 India.
I wonder if the Indian one still has the old presentation still going on.

Also, this 22nd of November, CBS Reality UK is becoming... True Crime. Not to be confused with the True Crime that Sony had. Legend is also getting a new look. Reality Xtra and Horror Xtra will be renamed, too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts