General International TV Channels Thread

J10

Discovery science EMEA became Discovery Science Poland (second screen). the channel broadcasts partly in Polish
The channel still existed in some places only (Scandinavia has it, on Allente), however, I was going to announce the closure of the channel in the MENA region for good.

Also, Allente and Azam TV continues to broadcast the channel, while Melita and GO dropped the channel for good.

Away from this, RTI 1 is airing CAF Africa Cup of Nations on Arabsat.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Or just bring back the BBC Prime name.
No way, it won’t come back.

If it was still broadcasting internationally, then they would, but this is old-fashioned name.

Rebranding the channel to the market name like BBC Nordic, e.g. BBC Europe and BBC Benelux, is better.

Last edited:

Francisque

BBC Benelux is less likely to happen as there they have BBC First and prob. something else

Plus, Nordic is just a more marketable (identifiable for a very specific region) name and even less confusing than "Benelux" and even "Europe" :D

And it's quite known Nordic viewers have a good understanding of English

J10

BBC Benelux is less likely to happen as there they have BBC First and prob. something else

Plus, Nordic is just a more marketable (identifiable for a very specific region) name and even less confusing than "Benelux" and even "Europe" :D

And it's quite known Nordic viewers have a good understanding of English
As I said before, it would happened if they could merge it with BBC First.

J10

Experts said that having English channel for TVP is unnecessary.

Francisque

The logos are fine PER SE, but I don't like of different branding-wise unrelated channels having the same logos, at all

I understand they're trying to save money with this, but heck, it's "bland"

At least not as bland and generic as the previous graphics, or what they made them become

Reactions: J10

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
for the first time in free TV in the Philippines, Tap DMV has recently launched its first FTA channel, Blast Sports (named after Tap DMV's streaming service, "BlastTV") on BEAM DTT on January 17, 2024
FB_IMG_1705454474386.jpg

J10

New studios is expected to be launched

Article regarding Twitter account of TVP Info.

J10

Adamczyk, Pereira and Tulicki dismissed from TVP

Formula 1 has dropped the MENA region, as beIN is expected to bring back the right, until 2034, according to rumors. This means, MENA viewers are back to watch it in 4K and HD only, and on satellite like before, unlike 2018-2023, where MBC (and SSC from 2021; on GoBX only) broadcasted it in SD and HD, while 4K on Shahid only, since 2021.

Last edited:

J10

40th Anniversary promo for TV5Monde

DF1 has been launched

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Apparently Tooncast and TCM Latin America are not going to be closed, and will have HD feeds!

For now, only the closure of the channels I.Sat, Glitz* and MuchMusic has been confirmed. These channels were abandoned, and still broadcast in 4:3.
...MuchMusic? Like the Canadian channel nowadays known as just Much?

J10

Apparently Tooncast and TCM Latin America are not going to be closed, and will have HD feeds!

For now, only the closure of the channels I.Sat, Glitz* and MuchMusic has been confirmed. These channels were abandoned, and still broadcast in 4:3.
Tooncast needs to change its name to Boing after going to HD, or even rebrand to a logo and look similar to it.

Even TCM uses a different logo from Spain, France, and Greece, where the channel is being aired as a retro entertainment channel.

J10

TVN-WBD's VOD.pl is going to close down.

15 new FAST channels from TVN has been launched.

Last edited:

canyuksel97

Rumors said that Saudi Arabia is going to buy FOX Turk.

If the rumors came true, will this means that MBC will take over the channel?

Lets see what will happen regarding Disney's FOX Turk rebranding.
According To Fatih Altaylı, The Sale Of FOX Türkiye To MBC Has Denied By The Channel's Management.
In Fact, FOX Türkiye Will Remain Part Of The Walt Disney Company.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts