General International TV Channels Thread

RegularCapital

Staff member
Testing

Also, here's Warner TV CZ currently being tested on DTT MUX 23 on Digital Bitrate: TV channels and Radio bitrates DAB+ DTT FIBER Satellite Cable OTT.

J10

Golf Channel Polska has changed their logo, and rebranding is expected to happen.

Exemption for Animal Planet and ID (Latvian):

Last edited:

canyuksel97

At 1:09 in the video, Bosnia isn't mentioned and this channel is for Central Asia only.

There is a platform for Balkan countries called TRT Balkan, and has Bosnian.
Indeed. TRT Avaz Is Targeted To Central Asia, But Viewers In Bosnia Are Relied With TRT Türk Instead.
Also, TRT Türk Is For Europe, Middle East, Central Asia (Along With TRT Avaz), Americas And Australia/NZ Only.
TRT Türk Airs Programmes, Shows And Series, With TRT Haber Simulcast In The Lunchtime And Evening.

However, TRT Balkan Will Remain As An Website Targeting Bosnia And Herzegovina And Beyond.

J10

Max has been rebranded to Rex.
1711801296492.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
Yes, since it's a WBD channel, it makes sense so not to confuse the channel with the Max streaming service.

BTW , I wonder why they hadn't rebrand this channel before, when changing the logos

I guess they were deciding on a new channel name at the time.

BBC Entertainment closes down tomorrow (31st March) at the moment, a channel closure banner is shown.

IMG-0176 (1).jpg

Francisque

In the few areas where it hasn't been replaced by a "local" BBC channel or BBC First / Brit and so on :D

But it makes sense: the more interested people at it have a VPN; plus, I guess international channels have a hard time catching on among the general audience because of them being in English

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
In the few areas where it hasn't been replaced by a "local" BBC channel or BBC First / Brit and so on :D

But it makes sense: the more interested people at it have a VPN; plus, I guess international channels have a hard time catching on among the general audience because of them being in English
We are in an area not covered by local feeds, and they think our market is weak.

BBC Entertainment seems to have as many viewers as the people who still had MSN TV at closing time, about 10 viewers.

Here's a capture I took at 10:44 during Open All Hours. Sad to say that despite my romanticism pan-European English entertainment channels like this one but unlike E! and ID bent on reality are an afterthought and the last remains of the glory days of satellite television.

20240331_104443.jpg

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
BBC Prime continuities from August 1995 (at the beginning) and April 1997 (from 5:37 onwards).
Also included is a logo-edited version of the 1998 BBC1 Xmas ident, lineup and promo, a 2000 ident and "next" ident, and a rare short 1997 ident without the epileptic beginning.

Fun fact: the April 1997 section was originally uploaded by jflitter. I also have sound recordings from his 1999 and 2001 continuities.

Francisque

I remember very well the BBC Prime channel during 2004-5; when the channel was added to Sky Italia for some time
I remember the colourful idents and so on

With BBC Entertainment, ambitions were to launch an array of different channels EVERYWHERE, but they didn't
So, I think BBC Prime was a much better name... plus, "Entertainment" sounds clumsy and long

And Prime sounds the perfect name for a channel to showcase a mixture of ALL your offer, Entertainment less

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
I remember very well the BBC Prime channel during 2004-5; when the channel was added to Sky Italia for some time
I remember the colourful idents and so on

With BBC Entertainment, ambitions were to launch an array of different channels EVERYWHERE, but they didn't
So, I think BBC Prime was a much better name... plus, "Entertainment" sounds clumsy and long

And Prime sounds the perfect name for a channel to showcase a mixture of ALL your offer, Entertainment less
I remember these idents too.
And yeah, I agree with everything you said. BBC Prime was better, and I rather miss that than BBC Entertainment.

Francisque

i was fascinated at 14 years old by British TV presentation styles, I think these idents looked very very slick; it was a purely British TV channel, and interesting at that, before being cheapened

I wasn't a huge fan of the blocky style used since 2005 (?)/ 2006, at that time, it just felt like a downgrade

Later on, the channel was dropped by Sky Italia (or the BBC) for low ratings in 2010 (but before then I had lost interest), so I hadn't been able to catch it for long

Obviously, many British traits of the channel but even on other BBC channels all around Europe (mostly announcements) such as BBC Brit Poland and so on, have long gone

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
English-only channels never lasted that long on Sky Italia. After BBC Prime, we got Extreme Sports, but I think was kinda shortlived. And we can't forget of GINX Esports TV. Actually, that one lasted way longer than you could expect (three years). It would be fun if Sky added that as an easter egg/exclusive channel to Sky Stream when it launches in Italy... Rest assured that Ginx makes to that.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts