General International TV Channels Thread

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Getting lost in all the updates with them. Ugh. Hmm. Well, thanks for the info then. That definitely makes sense for MTV.

TVArchive

MTV Global and UK did not change the logo. Surprisingly, the logo was changed on MTV Israel
1000233459.jpg

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Meanwhile, in UK, Narrative runs like a truck and is launching two new FAST channels, GREAT! Mystery (airing detective series and film premieres, even before they do hit the Freeview channels) and POP Up (marathons of popular POP shows)
And they're planning to step in USA and Canada with FAST channels, the first of them being GREAT! Comedy on Plex.
One step closer to GREAT! Crime, I hope. Make it happen for the silliest true crime channel name ever.

sorin96

Starting today, BBC Earth started to have commercials in Romania,not sure if it's in other countries as well

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
The Box music channel in the UK (owned by Channel 4) will be closing on 1st July, it's the last remnant of the original The Box music channel that originated from the United States. In the U.S., the channel closed in 2001, as it was bought by MTV to increase the carriage of MTV2.

Here's a nice tribute to the channel, I'm really surprised that they remember their history back when it was a request music channel, even though there has been changes of ownership since then, and a disconnect from the U.S. They're spending the whole of June airing music videos from their 32 year long history.

Also closing on the same date are 4Music, Kerrang, Kiss, Magic, all operated by Channel 4. I can understand why they're closing these channels, they're trying to save money, I would rather see the money going to commissioning new programming. I wouldn't be surprised if the music section on the EPG will be gone within the next 10 years.

The biggest commercial channel in Finland received averagely 1.9 million viewers during the Champions League final. Final numbers including the biggest number at once will be revealed on Monday. This is good. I expect more of Football. Most of them stay on the company's pay tv channels though but broadcasting finals FTA is a good idea to get the best ad revenue.

Sports in general are one of the last things that draw in viewers on live TV. Other stuff barely hit a million as most of the people watch streaming now. My contract with the cable company ends in January so I made a tough decision to cut the cord. I can stream for 10 euros a month instead of paying 25 euros a month for cable. Well, my cable already has the streaming experience with live channels and apps in one place but I will still drop the live tv channels. I have Android TV so I don't really need a cable box at this point.

canyuksel97

We Have Confirmed That Copa America 2024 Is Coming To TV8.5 And EXXEN.
So TV8.5 Will Air Some Matches For Free, While EXXEN Airs Other Matches As Well

That Will Take Place On 20th June And It Will End With The Final Match On July 14th
Because This Commercial Was Aired On TV8 After The UCL Final Match Which Was Aired LIVE.

With Real Madrid Winning The Match, This Marks The End Of UEFA League Matches On EXXEN And TV8.5.
Beginning In September, TRT Takes Over The Rights Of UEFA CL-EL-ECL Matches To FTA Television And Tabii.
fgnfgndf.png

canyuksel97

In Other Words, New Business Programming For CNBC-e Has Announced.
However, CNBC-e's Legendary Weekday Business Programme Called ''Son Baskı'' Is Returning,
While New Programming Is Introduced As ''Sabah Notları'', ''e-Cafe'', ''Para Ekranı'' and ''Finans Sohbetleri''.

BTW: It's Now 1 Week Left Of The Relaunch Of CNBC-e.
The Satellite Frequency Details For CNBC-e Will Be Announce Later This Week, So We'll Keep You Posted.
GPIn9rAWMAAoWEE (1).jpg

Last edited:

J10

In Other Words, New Business Programming For CNBC-e Has Announced.
However, CNBC-e's Legendary Weekday Business Programme Called ''Son Baskı'' Is Returning,
While New Programming Is Introduced As ''Sabah Notları'', ''e-Cafe'', ''Para Ekranı'' and ''Finans Sohbetleri''.

BTW: It's Now 1 Week Left Of The Relaunch Of CNBC-e.
The Satellite Frequency Details For CNBC-e Will Be Announce Later This Week, So We'll Keep You Posted.
View attachment 308668
What I want is to know whether the information that you saw it on Facebook regarding the content of the channel is true or not. Otherwise, no comments.

Here there won’t be any male presenters at all.

A new offer from Canal+ valued $3 billion for MultiChoice has begun, and currently they have 45.2% of MultiChoice’s shareholder.

Last edited:

Insidus

What I want is to know whether the information that you saw it on Facebook regarding the content of the channel is true or not. Otherwise, no comments.

Here there won’t be any male presenters at all.

A new offer from Canal+ valued $3 billion for MultiChoice has begun, and currently they have 45.2% of MultiChoice’s shareholder.

It should be noted that Canal+ has services in Africa which are handled by those French folks. If anything, it's likely those will be merged into MultiChoice and some assets will be phased out from the offering I doubt local legislation would want Canal+ to control both MultiChoice and have these services within France.

J10

Here we go!

Now, after MultiChoice greenlit it, it’s time to call it MultiChoice (A Canal+ Company). However, still, for the current status, antitrust policies may not allow it. If it is allowed, it’ll be called so.

Last edited:

Insidus

Here we go!

Now, after MultiChoice greenlit it, it’s time to call it MultiChoice (A Canal+ Company). However, still, for the current status, antitrust policies may not allow it. If it is allowed, it’ll be called so.
I noticed + is the signature trademark for them maybe Canal+ Sport and SuperSport will merge to form SuperSport+ or the channels are simplified as La Liga+ and Blitz+. I have a feeling there's more to this agreement maybe more content or some alignment with what's seen in France and Poland.

Reactions: J10

Walker

As of today, Discovery Channel Turkey broadcast has ended. It continues as Discovery Channel Europe. Except for promos, continues broadcasting with Turkish audio track

Update: Promos have English audio track.

1717576554791.png

Last edited:
The Box music channel in the UK (owned by Channel 4) will be closing on 1st July, it's the last remnant of the original The Box music channel that originated from the United States. In the U.S., the channel closed in 2001, as it was bought by MTV to increase the carriage of MTV2.

Here's a nice tribute to the channel, I'm really surprised that they remember their history back when it was a request music channel, even though there has been changes of ownership since then, and a disconnect from the U.S. They're spending the whole of June airing music videos from their 32 year long history.

Also closing on the same date are 4Music, Kerrang, Kiss, Magic, all operated by Channel 4. I can understand why they're closing these channels, they're trying to save money, I would rather see the money going to commissioning new programming. I wouldn't be surprised if the music section on the EPG will be gone within the next 10 years.

There are No more Free-to-Air Music Channels outside of The AATW channels and the MTV Channels

and they join Great! in Leaving Freesat leaving us with TPTV and Film4 and the Kids Channels from the BBC

TheBorkBork

A.K.A. TheBorkBork
ABC TV Plus & ABC ME have become ABC Family & ABC Entertains respectively:

Also in Australia, 10 Peach & 10 Bold will become 10 Peach Comedy & 10 Bold Drama from next week [maybe 10 is planning to later rebrand them to 10 Comedy & 10 Drama?]:

Over in Poland, TVP has announced some channels will close in the future.
The secondary internet channels [ABC 2, Historia 2, & Kultura 2] as well as Alfa TVP will move online. TVP Kobieta will also close due to low ratings. TVP Historia, TVP Dokument, & TVP Nauka will close and be merged into TVP Wiedza [TVP Knowledge], which will air on TVP Historia's former channel space.

Last edited:

J10

in Poland, TVP has announced some channels will close in the future.
The secondary internet channels [ABC 2, Historia 2, & Kultura 2] as well as Alfa TVP will move online. TVP Kobieta will also close due to low ratings. TVP Historia, TVP Dokument, & TVP Nauka will close and be merged into TVP Wiedza [TVP Knowledge], which will air on TVP Historia's former channel space.
These were mentioned before here.
There's a rumor that probably at the end of 2024 half of TVP channels (Nauka, Dokument, Alfa and Kobieta) might shutdown, and TVP Historia might rebrand as TVP Wiedza (possibly serving as a fusion of Historia, Nauka and Dokument).

Seeing that TVP has too many channels with the same programs, TV series and other stuff I don't mind riding half of them or fusing some of them.

That's a GOOD POINT quote.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts