General International TV Channels Thread

Francisque

Canadian TV regulations is TOO tight, I've mentioned before

They need to let foreigners play in the market, the fact that Corus can operate so many different "foreign" brands is absurd

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Canadian TV regulations is TOO tight, I've mentioned before

They need to let foreigners play in the market, the fact that Corus can operate so many different "foreign" brands is absurd
The fact that Corus operates CN (and Boomerang), Disney (+ Disney XD and Disney Junior), Nickelodeon (+ Nick Jr.) and their own YTV and Treehouse is kinda absurd, when you think about it.

J10

At 6:50pm This Evening, CNBC-e Finally Switched Back To Entertainment Programming,
After Their Business Programming Has Done For Today.
The First Programme On The CNBC-e Entertainment Block Is ''Marketing Media Money'' From CNBC Europe.

Here Is The TX Of An Transition From Business To Entertainment From CNBC-e
Marketing Media Money isn’t an entertainment program, it’s a business magazine program.

canyuksel97

Marketing Media Money isn’t an entertainment program, it’s a business magazine program.
So, In Addition To Carrying Entertainment Stuff, CNBC-e Also Airs Business Magazine Programmes As Well.
And Also It Will Air American Greed, Also An Business Related Programme Too.

And By The Way, The Simpsons Has Returned On CNBC-e After Many Years Of Airing Of FX.
Here Is The Snapshot Of It.
dfhm.png

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
No, Cosmo never was part of that thing, it always was under Hearst's hands (since some places say that it's under A+E Networks, that isn't true)
Well... I stand corrected.
Cosmo is now considered part of A+E Networks EMEA's portfolio of channels.
1718042945681.png

Not that it changes that much, since it's still Hearst behind that, but, yeah? I take back my words, for sure.
EDIT: Well, it seems that Cosmo has been part of the A+E family since 2022 (or at least, it's on the corporate website). Do you also know what happened that year? AMC Networks got the Hearst part of the joint venture they had in the Iberian region. Maybe the things were connected.

Last edited:

J10

shoohorn

So, In Addition To Carrying Entertainment Stuff, CNBC-e Also Airs Business Magazine Programmes As Well.
And Also It Will Air American Greed, Also An Business Related Programme Too.

And By The Way, The Simpsons Has Returned On CNBC-e After Many Years Of Airing Of FX.
Here Is The Snapshot Of It.
View attachment 308759

And Here Is The Continuity Aircheck Of CNBC-e At The Same Time During Entertainment Block
Is there a tv channel anywhere outside the USA that airs Season 32/33 onwards of the Simpsons? As Disney+/Star rolled out globally, many channels stopped getting new episodes of Family Guy and The Simpsons from what it seems

Francisque

A
Is there a tv channel anywhere outside the USA that airs Season 32/33 onwards of the Simpsons? As Disney+/Star rolled out globally, many channels stopped getting new episodes of Family Guy and The Simpsons from what it seems
AFAIK these are still going with the newer episodes on FTA channels such Italia 1 in Italy and even paying ones such as Sky Showcase in the UK

And it's not a huge draw for Disney+ either, as the "new" Simpsons has stopped being popular long ago

Last edited:

J10

Maxime Sa3ada, CEO of Canal+, said the following:
  • According to a report, Maxime Saada, chair and CEO of Canal+, the French media company acquiring MultiChoice, has outlined post-takeover plans.
  • Saada discussed the future of MultiChoice brands such as DStv and Showmax, stating that they will not be replaced by Canal+ due to their high brand value. He emphasized that these brands are valuable assets that should be preserved unless absolutely necessary.
Saada also highlighted key differences between Canal+ and MultiChoice, emphasizing Canal+'s focus on content distribution over MultiChoice's focus on diversification. While Canal+ profits by concentrating on its core business, MultiChoice has ventured into various sectors such as home security, fintech, insurance, and betting.

Canal+ also provides the same content across all platforms, as opposed to MultiChoice, which offers different streaming brands such as Showmax. Despite these differences, Saada acknowledged that MultiChoice's strategy might be correct, though he is unsure.

So, for the time being, the title, “A Canal+ Company”, will be shown under the MultiChoice brands, similarly to SPI International.

Last edited:

Insidus

Maxime Sa3ada, CEO of Canal+, said the following:
  • According to a report, Maxime Saada, chair and CEO of Canal+, the French media company acquiring MultiChoice, has outlined post-takeover plans.
  • Saada discussed the future of MultiChoice brands such as DStv and Showmax, stating that they will not be replaced by Canal+ due to their high brand value. He emphasized that these brands are valuable assets that should be preserved unless absolutely necessary.
Saada also highlighted key differences between Canal+ and MultiChoice, emphasizing Canal+'s focus on content distribution over MultiChoice's focus on diversification. While Canal+ profits by concentrating on its core business, MultiChoice has ventured into various sectors such as home security, fintech, insurance, and betting.

Canal+ also provides the same content across all platforms, as opposed to MultiChoice, which offers different streaming brands such as Showmax. Despite these differences, Saada acknowledged that MultiChoice's strategy might be correct, though he is unsure.

So, for the time being, the title, “A Canal+ Company” will be shown under the MultiChoice brands, similarly to SPI International.
I do think they'll rebrand eventually they'll probably try to get trademarked on more programs first and also this happened so within a presentation they were viewed as one of the outlooks for 2025. I do think they'll be changes within DStv as Canal+ has assets within Africa that offer original content. There's even speculation of a tax write off.

canyuksel97

And Here Are The Weekend Schedules Of CNBC-e, Including The Arrival Of NBC Sports To Türkiye.
Plus Shows From Bravo (USA) Like Below Deck And Concerts Such As Andrea Bocelli And 2Cellos.
Please Note That NBC Sports Block On CNBC-e Will Contain Only Highlights.

All Times In Eastern European Summer Time (My Time).

Saturday, June 15th
8:15am - Repeats Of Previous Evening's Programmes
9:20am - NBC Sports (First Showing On Free TV, Only Highlights)
11:00am - Ana Sahne: Andrea Bocelli
12:30pm - İş'ten Sohbetler
1:40pm - Jay Leno's Garage (First Showing On Free TV)
2:30pm - Secret Lives of the Super Rich
3:10pm - Letterbox Türkiye (Repeat)
4:20pm - NBC Sports (Repeat)
5:30pm - American Greed
6:30pm - Below Deck Sailing Yacht (First Showing On Free TV)
7:20pm - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Back-To-Back Showing)
9:00pm - Million Dollar Listing (First Showing On Free TV)
10:50pm - Ana Sahne: Andrea Bocelli (Repeat)
12:20am - Jay Leno's Garage (Repeat)
1:10am - Secret Lives of the Super Rich (Repeat)
2:30am - Repeats Of Previous Evening's Programmes Until 9am

Sunday, June 16th
9:20am - NBC Sports
11:00am - Ana Sahne: 2 Cellos
12:30pm - Ece Sükan'la 3 S (Repeat)
1:40pm - Jay Leno's Garage
3:10pm - Letterbox Türkiye (Repeat)
4:30pm - Documentary: The Elon Musk Show
5:30pm - American Greed
6:30pm - Below Deck Sailing Yacht (New Episodes)
7:20pm - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Back-To-Back Showing)
9:00pm - Mortdecai (First Showing On Free TV)
10:50pm - Ana Sahne: 2 Cellos (Repeat)
12:20am - Jay Leno's Garage (Repeat)
1:10am - Mortdecai (Repeat)
3:10am - Repeats Of Previous Evening's Programmes Until 7am

BTW: NBC Sports Block On CNBC-e Is Very Similar To CNBC Sports,
Which Is Also Airing Every Weekends On CNBC Europe/Asia.

Last edited:

J10

I do think they'll rebrand eventually they'll probably try to get trademarked on more programs first and also this happened so within a presentation they were viewed as one of the outlooks for 2025. I do think they'll be changes within DStv as Canal+ has assets within Africa that offer original content. There's even speculation of a tax write off.
What I mention was for the current period, according to Maxime Sa3ada, and won't rebrand the services yet, during the transitional period, until we reach to the fate of HD Austria, where Canal+ replaced the brand. That's why I said for the time being.

Also, TVN Style license is renewed, although he recently wrote about lawlessness.

Last edited:

J10

Regarding Conmebol’s Copa America, the MENA region won’t have any broadcaster for the competition, and actually, it’ll be aired on YouTube.

Also, beIN SPORTS is airing right now Euro 2024, with audio track for disabilities being included.

Yesterday, KRRiT has approved the license of Canal+ Sport’s Extra Channels.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
UKTV and its channels will become the U family on 16 July. It's really bad and simple, the channels now sound more like sentences.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts