General International TV Channels Thread

J10

UKTV and its channels will become the U family on 16 July. It's really bad and simple, the channels now sound more like sentences.
You mean the U Network? Of course.

For sure, this rebrand will have DOG with sentences. If the BBC has followed the liquidation of public media like TVP, then BBC Studios would start rebranding the U Network with a better name rather than the what so called sentences like “U&Dave” and/or even “U&Eden”, and merge some of the U channels.

Last edited:

Perla Magica

Digital Love
CBS Europa Poland will rebrand as Film Cafe.

That's 5th name rebrand in channel's history, first it was named Wizja Le Cinema, then Le Cinema, later Europa Europa, later Zone Europa and finally CBS Europa.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member

That's 5th name rebrand in channel's history, first it was named Wizja Le Cinema, then Le Cinema, later Europa Europa, later Zone Europa and finally CBS Europa.
It is that the most rebranded AMC Networks channel? Five rebrands are a... lot.
Close to that, the first thing I can think is AMC Break in Spain, but that's just its fourth rebrand (it used to be Bio, A&E and Blaze before that). Now that I think, AMC Crime is also another that had a bunch of rebrands.

RONTV

It is that the most rebranded AMC Networks channel? Five rebrands are a... lot.
Close to that, the first thing I can think is AMC Break in Spain, but that's just its fourth rebrand (it used to be Bio, A&E and Blaze before that). Now that I think, AMC Crime is also another that had a bunch of rebrands.
I wonder if Film Cafe Hungary and Romania will be rebranded like this?

themidnightlore

Staff member
I wonder if Film Cafe Hungary and Romania will be rebranded like this?
My guess is good as yours. But I think that could happen? It would be weird having two different types of logos + presentation for the same channel around.
Unless you're Sony with AXN. I wish I was joking. AXN Spain + AXN Portugal use a different presentation from AXN LATAM. Also, Sony AXN was real.

Insidus

It's been speculated that Paramount will exit their partnership with AMC Networks International

Canal+ Premium in Poland was once a property of MultiChoice kind of weird that the company will be acquiring its former parent company basically uniting them.

J10

Tomorrow (or Today in the US), Copa America will start, however no broadcaster in the MENA region, and also Movistar Plus+ has started the Copa America channels.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Tomorrow (or Today in the US), Copa America will start, however no broadcaster in the MENA region, and also Movistar Plus+ has started the Copa America channels.
Here in Hungary, Network 4 holds the rights, its sports channels (Arena 4 and Match 4) will broadcast repeats of the matches as they will happen at night. The matches will also watchable on the Net 4+ streaming service.

Reactions: J10

sorin96

In Romania, I see that Digi holds the rights and I think they're gonna broadcast live and probably repeats as the schedule shows,but it's unclear since the Digi Sport website doesn't specify the match or if it's live and on a schedule website specify the match,but doesn't specify if is live

canyuksel97

Here In Türkiye, TV8.5 and EXXEN Will Air The Majority Of The Copa America Matches As Well.

J10

As of May 30th and until now, Ziggo started to move to IPTV from DVB-C.

Also, VodafoneZiggo will change their sports channels from Ziggo Sport (Name) to Ziggo Sport (Number).

Last edited:

J10

MBC Action is rebranding (temporarily?!) to MBC Gaming.
1719321010281.jpeg

Last edited:

themidnightlore

Staff member
Time to entertain another shower thought of mine.
I always felt weird that when Italy got Cine Sony, they went to adapt Sony Movie Channel UK's presentation instead of using the one that the American one used (and that one was identical to Sony Turbo, but that's another story. The Sony Cine rebrand truly was redemption for the channel, in my opinion).
Adding that to POP... That means that when AXN closed in Italy, Sony already cut its ties from the country? As, looking to that after years, it does sound like if it was all British-operated...

J10

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
It is honestly driving me nuts that I can't find more schedules from MCM Belgique from 2005 or early 2006. I know that Détective Conan (Case Closed) aired on that channel around that time on weekdays at 19:00-ish, but I can't seem to prove it. It was around the time "Love Generation" from Bob Sinclar and "Un monde parfait" from Ilona Mitrecey aired all the time. I remember seeing the "10-" DOG at a time I hadn't reached the age of 10.

I checked archived Walloon TV guide websites, but they haven't been properly archived. Neither is mcmbe.tv . Eurotv is properly archived for most of 2006 (with no sign of Détective Conan), but not for 2005.

I asked it 3 years ago on Reddit, but didn't receive any help.

Any help here is appreciated :)

Here is a continuity from May 2005, with no sign of Détective Conan.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts