General International TV Channels Thread

JulianRO

Dolce Sport ident from 2012.

Dolce Sport later rebranded into Telekom Sport in 2017 and Orange Sport in 2022, and this night they're gonna close down after almost 18 years on air.

J10

The Orange Sport channels has closed down today. Someone has recorded the closures of both 3 and 4, but not 1 and 2, according to one of the uploaders. Waiting for the closure video.

Moe

Just wonder, any international TV channels air retro/classic live action shows like Knight Rider, A-Team, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Nash Bridges, JAG, etc?

RONTV

4 days left until Comedy Central Family's shutdown by midnight this friday.
The Middle will be final program this friday to be aired on that channel and then 00:00 (in my country is 01:00).

I didn't know why there is no farewell promo (like Paramount Network Italia)

I wonder if after The Middle, the Tetris screensaver (like it was shown on Comedy Central Extra NL when it was closed with this) will shown but with Comedy Central logo with message that urges viewer to switch to Comedy Central for favorite shows:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
The Box network of channels has closed. Creative choosing of final songs, uncreative closure message (it's the same for all channels). They could at least make different closure messages with the channels' graphics, like the Southeast Asian Disney channels.
The order is also the same: final song, farewell promo, closure message.

Francisque

A sad day... I thought a compromise like keeping just either 4Music or Box would've been much better, integrating it to the Channel 4 suite of channels

The last days of broadcast have been very good, music-wise; now there's not much in that respect, Now channels are just poor, and the MTVs are behind paywall and not much worth it anyway (might not last for long)

@BlooCNBoy02 keep in mind the channels will be off the EPG as soon as this morning at around 10am local time, it's not much worth it to have personalized on-screen messages for each channel
At the end of the day, it's also a closure: not much to celebrate with cheerful graphics
I get what they're doing

It's been great enough they've actually acknowledged their departure in a respectful manner, many channels don't

4 days left until Comedy Central Family's shutdown by midnight this friday.
The Middle will be final program this friday to be aired on that channel and then 00:00 (in my country is 01:00).

I didn't know why there is no farewell promo (like Paramount Network Italia)

I wonder if after The Middle, the Tetris screensaver (like it was shown on Comedy Central Extra NL when it was closed with this) will shown but with Comedy Central logo with message that urges viewer to switch to Comedy Central for favorite shows:
It's because they still have Comedy Central Hungary anyway

Paramount Network Italy was a much bigger issue, it was a rather popular free TV channel, and the main free TV Paramount channel in Italy, in addition to Spike (which proved to be less popular anyway)
Now replaced with... more Mediaset mediocrity (Twentyseven)

Just wonder, any international TV channels air retro/classic live action shows like Knight Rider, A-Team, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Nash Bridges, JAG, etc?
As far as I know, not much

I mean, they used to be popular in the oughties in Italy, mildly, but they've been forgotten for the most part ever since, especially the older ones

They mostly have a very old audience anyway

As of May 30th and until now, Ziggo started to move to IPTV from DVB-C.

Also, VodafoneZiggo will change their sports channels from Ziggo Sport (Name) to Ziggo Sport (Number).
Netherlands are a small (and cabled) country with a large Internet presence also aided by the fact of it being very flat for the most part, so why not moving a few channels to IPTV

CBS Europa Poland will rebrand as Film Cafe.

That's 5th name rebrand in channel's history, first it was named Wizja Le Cinema, then Le Cinema, later Europa Europa, later Zone Europa and finally CBS Europa.
Then definitely CBS Reality to True Crime shouldn't be far off, it'd eliminate the CBS brand from the country

It is that the most rebranded AMC Networks channel? Five rebrands are a... lot.
Close to that, the first thing I can think is AMC Break in Spain, but that's just its fourth rebrand (it used to be Bio, A&E and Blaze before that). Now that I think, AMC Crime is also another that had a bunch of rebrands.
Let's keep in mind it has not been the "same channel" in many of the previous forms

Wizya le Cinema was owned by another company altogether

I've criticised the strange CBS Europa name before, especially since it barely shows European movies most of the time

BBC UKTV lives on in Australia and Africa
Not for long probably

Hopefully too, BBC UKTV sounds just like a bad name, but BBC Studios seem good at bad names, judging by the upcoming rebrand too

Last edited:

Francisque

They can't use AMC Crime? (Like they should have done from the beginning. Or that's exclusive for the Iberian region?)
AMC better works as a standalone brand for me, at this point

Since they're giving a non-AMC branding to CBS Europa, why they should do something AMC-related to CBS Reality?

At least that's how I see it

@J10

Xtreme would be quite odd given its content

Reactions: J10

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
AMC better works as a standalone brand for me, at this point

Since they're giving a non-AMC branding to CBS Europa, why they should do something AMC-related to CBS Reality?

At least that's how I see it

@J10

Xtreme would be quite odd given its content
Point taken. It could work in the Iberian region, where there never was anything CBS branded, would not work that well in place of a CBS branded channel.
Also, XTRM is another AMC channel they do have in Spain... And that's quite distant from what CBS Reality airs.

Francisque

I guess they're working on a name solution that will just use your average rectangle-shaped logo as in the UK :D

After all, these channels are managed by exactly the same people in London

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
A sad day... I thought a compromise like keeping just either 4Music or Box would've been much better, integrating it to the Channel 4 suite of channels

The last days of broadcast have been very good, music-wise; now there's not much in that respect, Now channels are just poor, and the MTVs are behind paywall and not much worth it anyway (might not last for long)
Channels that still cared about their viewers. These days there are tons of channels that shut down without cerimonies.

The ones that would care the most would be FTA terrestrial, like the Box Plus channels and Forces TV (which closed due to lack of negotiations to move to a new multiplex due to the cessation of the one where it was carried). And they pulled out all the stops

Automatic systems these days are probably the reason why you won't expect even long-established channels to have a final say in its last seconds on air. BBC Entertainment was devoid of pre-recorded announcements since the 2006 BBC Prime rebrand and if they cared doing so, they would have made one last announcement at closing time. Wasted opportunity, especially for a channel that had the same graphics since 2011 and no announcers since 2006ish

Reactions: J10

Insidus

Not long time ago Viasat True Crime was launched, so having two channels with the same name is impossible.

True Crime could replace the African feed of CBS Justice as Viasat doesn't have any channels operating there under that name. My presumed guess would be that CBS Reality becomes Reality Xtra or Zone TV.

I doubt CBS Reality will become a crime exclusive channel like CBS Justice. Whatever happened to the channel in the UK was never really the outcome for other countries we had Cheaters and Beverly Hills Pawn.

Last edited:

J10

Canal+ Polska has launched the new packages known as Super Sport, not to be counfused with the South African acquired channels.

The logo of the new sport channels (Canal+ Extra) are in blue, NOT in green, as in Canal+ Sport 1-5. Extra 5-7 will be aired on streaming, while one of the matches will be on Canal+ 360, where it’ll broadcast on one of its existed channels, for satellite viewers.
1719922580567.jpeg

Also, Ziggo Sport has been rebranded to Ziggo Sport 1-6.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I quit DA yesterday due to storage reasons and Core blocking me from everything. The account won't be deactivated: it went into the "archival" state.
The arts thread here will continue as usual. :)
The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.

Featured Posts