"Hawkeye (Disney+ Limited Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Frontier

Staff member

reflection01

I feel like there's more that can be said about a character playing judge, jury, and executioner out of grief and how that impacts others, but I don't think the show wants to dive too deeply into the ethics or what Clint did.

From the same people who didn’t want to dive too deeply into Wanda in Westview among others.

I think Clint addressed it by saying “I’m a weapon.” The show has addressed it by acknowledge the good he’s done as an Avenger. What would the public reaction be if a superhero known for stopping bad guys was outed as having killed a bunch of bad guys during the snap? Not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frontier

Staff member
From the same people who didn’t want to dive too deeply into Wanda in Westview among others.
I had a problem with that too...
I think Clint addressed it by saying “I’m a weapon.” The show has addressed it by acknowledge the good he’s done as an Avenger. What would the public reaction be if a superhero known for stopping bad guys was outed as having killed a bunch of bad guys during the snap? Not much.
I get that. It's like when Yelena brought up how kids see Black Widow as an icon and not knowing all the people she's killed, some of them might not have even deserved it.

Although I feel like if that did come out it would probably stir up at least some controversy.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Gonna be pretty hard to convince Yelena that Natasha decided to die and beat Clint to it to secure the Soul Stone... wonder how they're gonna resolve that.

I'm not sure it would be difficult if they actually explained what happened. I mean if everyone knows about the blip they know at least the power of the Infinity Stones and Clint would mention the mission they had to get one to undo it. And honestly I think Yelena knows Natasha so knows she would be the kind of person to want to make a sacrifice for the sake of someone else and would totally believe Nat would beat Clint so he could be with his family. Part of me kind of wants this show to end sans the stingers of what's happening next in the universe with Kate and Yelena watching that Avengers musical themselves knowing more of what it's like to be more on an actual Avengers mission more and bonding or something like that.

I feel like there's more that can be said about a character playing judge, jury, and executioner out of grief and how that impacts others, but I don't think the show wants to dive too deeply into the ethics or what Clint did.

You know I've seen people bring up this point before talking about this show and... seriously do people forget one of the first things that Tony Stark did as Iron Man was take out the various terriorists in the 10 Rings organization and kill them? Like sans a couple of characters like Peter Parker, most of the heroes in the MCU if they had to would kill their enemy and if there is a danger around causing threats aren't going to fight with kids gloves. Especially not former killers turned SHIELD agents. The show isn't trying to paint Clint as a hero for that and rather pointing out the problems it causes but ones he tries dealing with from people he does not want to kill thus why he gives them so many chances.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm not sure it would be difficult if they actually explained what happened. I mean if everyone knows about the blip they know at least the power of the Infinity Stones and Clint would mention the mission they had to get one to undo it. And honestly I think Yelena knows Natasha so knows she would be the kind of person to want to make a sacrifice for the sake of someone else and would totally believe Nat would beat Clint so he could be with his family. Part of me kind of wants this show to end sans the stingers of what's happening next in the universe with Kate and Yelena watching that Avengers musical themselves knowing more of what it's like to be more on an actual Avengers mission more and bonding or something like that.
I guess it's a question of sitting Yelena down long enough to explain it to her.
You know I've seen people bring up this point before talking about this show and... seriously do people forget one of the first things that Tony Stark did as Iron Man was take out the various terriorists in the 10 Rings organization and kill them? Like sans a couple of characters like Peter Parker, most of the heroes in the MCU if they had to would kill their enemy and if there is a danger around causing threats aren't going to fight with kids gloves. Especially not former killers turned SHIELD agents. The show isn't trying to paint Clint as a hero for that and rather pointing out the problems it causes but ones he tries dealing with from people he does not want to kill thus why he gives them so many chances.
I get that, which is probably why the show doesn't want to dive too deeply into the ethics of what Clint did or the consequences beyond what we see in this show because of how fast and loose they already showcase their heroes being when it comes to fighting or taking down bad guys.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I get that, which is probably why the show doesn't want to dive too deeply into the ethics of what Clint did or the consequences beyond what we see in this show because of how fast and loose they already showcase their heroes being when it comes to fighting or taking down bad guys.
or knocking down clock bell towers :zim:

honorableninja

one of the questions I have that i hope the finale answers is why clint didn't kill fisk during his five year spree. I understand his fear now with his family back but why didn't he go after the biggest crime boss in the country when he had nothing left to lose. although if he did take the job from fisk to kill maya's father it paints his time as ronin in an ever darker light.

Frontier

Staff member
one of the questions I have that i hope the finale answers is why clint didn't kill fisk during his five year spree. I understand his fear now with his family back but why didn't he go after the biggest crime boss in the country when he had nothing left to lose. although if he did take the job from fisk to kill maya's father it paints his time as ronin in an ever darker light.
Fisk might have been just that untouchable post-Snap.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Haven't yet watched the ep where he debuts, was he confirmed to not be blipped?

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I've been watching the show as it comes out, but I've been too busy to really comment. But overall, I've been enjoying it. Honestly, pure entertainment wise, I'd even say that I've had the most fun with this show out of the D+ shows, although I think overall I would put WandaVision and Loki higher - but maybe the finale can change that, even if I'm a bit concerned that they have too much to wrap up.

A lot of my comic reading friends love Kate Bishop, but I don't think I've read any comics with her having a notable role. I have no idea how comic accurate her portrayal here is, but she's been a very amusing character to have around. She makes a lot of mistakes (some worse than others) but that makes sense for a hero just starting out.

I've always like Clint as the MCU's resident family man (well, maybe that's Scott Lang) and so having his major dilemma be something as "simple" as having to get back to his family for Christmas is kinda nice. I still find that Hawkeye can be a bit bland personality wise, but it's smart to pair him off with someone as bubbly as Kate, and the scenes where he deals with his guilt over Natasha are compelling.

Speaking of Christmas, I truly think that setting this show during the holiday has elevated it. I don't know, the atmosphere really stands out in a crowded comic boom movie/show marketplace, and the Christmas backdrop is a major part of that. And for a more street level show, I'm very glad that they didn't shy away from using some of Clint's weirder arrows during the car chase scene in that one episode.

The show's two biggest failings, IMO, is that I don't care much about Kate's family drama (even with Vera Farmiga) and Echo is just....OK so far. Not sure if she needs her own spin-off, but maybe she'll grow on me in the finale.

On the opposite end, the Yelena sub-plot is very welcome. The conversation between her and Kate was gold - more scenes like that please! I wonder if we'll see Valentina in the finale...

Hopefully the finale ends on a high note, and doesn't feel too crammed, especially if we don't get a season 2.

Frontier

Staff member
The show's two biggest failings, IMO, is that I don't care much about Kate's family drama (even with Vera Farmiga) and Echo is just....OK so far. Not sure if she needs her own spin-off, but maybe she'll grow on me in the finale.
For me I feel like they've missed a chance to finally explore Clint's backstory and adapting more of his Hawkeye mythos, so instead we don't really learn anything new about him and instead we get something significant to his backstory (Swordsman) given to Kate instead.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
For me I feel like they've missed a chance to finally explore Clint's backstory and adapting more of his Hawkeye mythos, so instead we don't really learn anything new about him and instead we get something significant to his backstory (Swordsman) given to Kate instead.

Hmm, I get that, it feels like Kate is getting more character work than Clint at times - but as long as they don't kill him off, I guess there is still time. As for Swordsman, he seems like a completely different character here, so I don't mind as much.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sure but I think for Clint, it was more cerebral. We finally learn what he thinks of himself, building more on when Natasha finds him in Endgame that sort of got swept under the rug after he got the Soul Stone, basically he believes he's more of a weapon than a superhero but he never considered he would inspire anyone and will that change his outlook.

Frontier

Staff member
Sure but I think for Clint, it was more cerebral. We finally learn what he thinks of himself, building more on when Natasha finds him in Endgame that sort of got swept under the rug after he got the Soul Stone, basically he believes he's more of a weapon than a superhero but he never considered he would inspire anyone and will that change his outlook.
Yeah, but I feel like that's just building off more of what we've already seen and less expanding on his character, which is what I was hoping for from this series.

(Of course I've never been a big fan of the Ultimate-style MCU Hawkeye so I was just hoping they'd use this as a chance to inject more from the comics).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
hawkeye.jpg

Episode 6 "So This Is Christmas?"
Clint and Kate's partnership is tested as they face the consequences of exposing the conspiracy.

Last edited:

honorableninja

a pretty good finale although I wish we had found out what happened to yelena as I feel val is not going to take finding out she failed her mission well. I hope marvel tells us their plans for kate and yelena soon as either a movie or series I need to see these two back together again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts