"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Remake)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
As for the report that Sony may be taking the new movie to Netflix, I never said or implied that it was "fake news". I only said that it was that one website's speculation, meaning we don't know what's going on either way. Maybe it's happening, maybe it's not. I just feel that that one website could have waited for more direct confirmation. I also never said that The Greenman was wrong, but, admittedly, I never said he was right either. That report only said that that person was "in talks" to play him. If he's confirmed since then that he will be playing him, then perhaps someone can post an update to that effect...
I know that. Of course. That's how you operate. That's the beauty of the troll. You call people liars and give yourself plausible deniability to say you weren't doing that after the fact. You are even too chicken to stand behind your own trolling and b.s.. You're "Just asking questions", right? You're Toon Zone's Glenn Beck.

I see you, Mandouga. I see what you are and what you are doing very clearly. You aren't fooling anyone.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Classic Media had nothing to do with the 2002 version. Also, even if Mattel didn't co-produce it, they directly own that version outright either way. Just saying.
I have a feeling that you've used IMDB as a source to back up your evidence on that Classic Media had nothing to do with it and that it was solely owned by Mattel since they're not 100% reliable.

Also, I said that "Rainmaker" brought back the "Mainframe" name.
And Mainframe is likely not going to be like the old Mainframe that is now Rainmaker.

I also never said that The Greenman was wrong, but, admittedly, I never said he was right either. That report only said that that person was "in talks" to play him. If he's confirmed since then that he will be playing him, then perhaps someone can post an update to that effect...
You really haven't caught up with the news, have you? Since The Greenman posted a comment on this thread back in May with a link containing an article in which Centineo outright confirmed his role on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, where he was promoting his film The Perfect Date:

Centineo confirms his role as Prince Adam. Let's just hope it's good.

Why don't we stop doing this and move on? Because this has indeed gone off topic.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
And Centineo has left the project.
I think it's better if Sony should just call it a day and ultimately give the film rights to IP co-owner Universal.

the greenman

Oh well. What's interesting is Black Adam is gearing up, and he's doing another Netflix film. I wonder if his team told him not to get involved seeing how Sony was is working with Netflix too. IDK.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
And Centineo has left the project.
I think it's better if Sony should just call it a day and ultimately give the film rights to IP co-owner Universal.
Not Universal but Netflix as the film will now be a Netflix original film and also, West Side Story's Kyle Allen has replaced Centineo as Adam / He-Man, though Sony will still release the film in China.

the greenman

Pooky

Staff member
Some potentially good and potentially bad news about this film (spoilers in the link).

Director Travis Knight Circling New ‘Masters Of The Universe’ Movie: The Dish

The IMO potentially good news about the film is that Travis Knight (Bumblebee, Kubo and the Two Strings) may be the director.

The IMO potentially bad news is
the plan is for it to be partly set on Earth. Have they learned nothing since 1987?

Mandouga

The previous movie (which isn’t that bad, IMO) isn’t what concerns me, it’s why they want it to be set on Earth, and, most of all what kind of movie they’re going for.

After the way…that “other” recent “Mattel-based” theatrical movie (you know the one) turned out, I really hope they don’t try to make it like the Michael Bay Transformers movies, which, among other failings were made with “adult” viewers in mind, and don’t “PG-13” me. That’s just it. It’s the principle of it. Doing something like this is practically the movie equivalent of “Intended for the adult collector; not a toy”, which, despite what some people say, is exactly what hurts the movies in the long run.

Going back to this movie, the viewers came for a barbarian hero and his friends and allies on a faraway planet with “fabulous secret powers” (there, I said it), and a magic sword. IMO, nobody really wants to see an adaptation that tries to be another Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings or something like that, or otherwise tries to be too “adult” for its own good. I hate to break this to anyone and everyone who makes Hollywood movies, but us “kids” can appreciate an original version of something just as well as they can, even if we weren’t there to see it “back in the day”. Call it an “unpopular opinion” if you have to,

With all this in mind and more, I really, really, really hope this planned MOTU movie is something that everybody can actually watch, both in the short term,and the long term.

Okay, Im done. I just had to get it off my chest…

VERY LATE EDIT (2-28-24): Clarified which “other” movie I meant…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Some potentially good and potentially bad news about this film (spoilers in the link).

Director Travis Knight Circling New ‘Masters Of The Universe’ Movie: The Dish

The IMO potentially good news about the film is that Travis Knight (Bumblebee, Kubo and the Two Strings) may be the director.

The IMO potentially bad news is
the plan is for it to be partly set on Earth. Have they learned nothing since 1987?
While I am happy about Knight being potentially the new director, I'm still unsure on that it will get made, given the lengthy development history and false starts.

Prgiordano

I have seen multiple commentators on social media not taking the idea of Earth being involved at all very well, possibly reading too much into the plot synopsis in the process. As far as I'm concerned, I do not expect this to be Travis Knight's very first movie to get a rotten score on Rotten Tomatoes. He has cemented his reputation as an accomplished storyteller, creating characters that audiences can root for and relate to, and adapted IP in a way that can bring new fans and old ones into the mix in a way that both respects them, the source material, and brings it into the future in the process. I expect that to also be the case for this film. Supposedly, this movie will do the exact opposite of everything the previous 1987 film did, which would include not only good special effects and acting, but also instead of initially taking place on Eternia and then spending most of the film on Earth, this film will start off on Earth (for I suppose less than 25 minutes), and *then* take place on Eternia for the rest of the runtime. I've read a quote some time again that went something like you don't need good ideas in the hands of bad directors, but rather the reverse (not that the plot synopsis isn't head scratching at first, I'll admit). All I'm saying.. is that we should let him cook. I'm excited, and I don't want to think about this in a way that would dwindle that.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts