International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel France current weekday schedule: You can pretty much see 4 shows in loop sometimes. No more live-action at all.

06:00 Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese
06:25 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
07:35 Hamster & Gretel
08:20 Kiff
08:45 Bluey
09:30 The Ghost & Molly McGee
10:20 Spring Valley
10:45 Bluey
11:30 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
12:20 Kiff
12:45 Hamter & Gretel
13:30 Bluey
14:20 The Ghost & Molly McGee
15:20 Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
16:10 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
17:25 Kiff
18:15 Hamster & Gretel
18:40 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
19:30 Kiff
19:55 Hamster & Gretel
20:20 Bluey
21:05 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
21:55 Boy Girl Dog Cat Mouse Cheese
22:40 Incredible Yellow Yeti
23:40 Vikingskool
00:00 European acquisitions

Francisque

They have some live actions but mostly something like once a week.

Overall, a pretty boring schedule, never has looked so depressing.

They're clearly just keeping it there on borrowed time

@MagiaDiWinx
You can hear it from yourself on many older French channels videos
High pitched audio

Markus Nelis

Posting one more: This is the complete new Disney Channel EMEA schedule starting April 1 once Scandinavia splits from it. As I mentioned their biggest mascot is gone which is Big City Greens. I'm sure they really wanted to get rid of it already months ago but I guess the deal was made.

DC EMEA from April 1: Haven't done a while so the animation is marked as Bold
06:00 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
06:50 Monsters At Work
07:40 Phineas & Ferb
08:55 Chip n Dale: Park Life
09:45 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

11:00 Wandi & Kabz
11:05 Monsters At Work
11:55 The Villains of Valley View
12:45 Pretty Freekin Scary
13:35 Raven's Home
14:25 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
14:50 Monsters At Work
15:40 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
16:05 Chip n Dale: Park Life

16:55 Wandi & Kabz
17:00 The Villains of Valley View
17:50 Pretty Freekin Scary
18:40 Raven's Home
19:30 Chip n Dale: Park Life
20:20 Monsters At Work
21:10 Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

21:35 The Villains of Valley View
22:25 Pretty Freekin Scary
23:10 Raven's Home
00:00 Phineas & Ferb
01:15 Walk the Prank
02:30 The Villains of Valley View
03:20 Pretty Freekin Scary
04:10 Raven's Home
05:00 Walk the Prank
05:50 Descendants: Wicked World

Markus Nelis

Another Disney Plus exclusive series Monsters At Work will premiere on 25th of March on DC EMEA. Interesting to see if the relaunched Scandinavia continues to air it or we will just get to see a new show on linear for one week only.

Also final episodes of The Ghost & Molly McGee will start next week. This means Scandi viewers can see all the premieres just in time instead of randomly dropping it like what happens with Monsters At Work.

MagiaDiWinx

Anyone know what Disney Channels did this thing of having Disney Junior/PHD blocks in this morning without unique branding ie regularly on Disney Channel? I know of Turkey and Spain.

@Francisque lol I remember when the problem was excessive live action (not necessarily in France but still) now it’s the other way around…I’m not sure they know what people want

Francisque

Animation and live-action should be balanced. I'll admit. I like a few live-action shows. Then there are a lot of good cartoons as well. Currently DC EMEA is doing a well job with airing both categories.

Anyone know what Disney Channels did this thing of having Disney Junior/PHD blocks in this morning without unique branding ie regularly on Disney Channel? I know of Turkey and Spain.

@Francisque lol I remember when the problem was excessive live action (not necessarily in France but still) now it’s the other way around…I’m not sure they know what people want
Definitely

I slightly prefer a focus on animation, but back then animation was often forgotten altogether for what I had back then considered cheaper sitcoms, although a few have gotten better with time

Netherlands doesn't have a specific DJ block on its channel for preschooler shows, and I imagine they'll get away with none on DC Scandi too
They have their own "Speel" block or how it's called

Still, DC Netherlands (controlled by a Benelux team) is well taken care of, especially now that is its own channel and it's not managed by a French team anymore, which made a bad job at downsizing it

I think they should push Disney Junior on DC in general, actually, i find it odd some of them don't
As it's still its own section on Disney+

As it's in the US

MagiaDiWinx

Definitely

I slightly prefer a focus on animation, but back then animation was often forgotten altogether for what I had back then considered cheaper sitcoms, although a few have gotten better with time
I remember kids not wanting to watch DC because they aired way too much of the same stuff. I don‘t think DC had a good variety since about 2010-11.
Netherlands doesn't have a specific DJ block on its channel for preschooler shows, and I imagine they'll get away with none on DC Scandi too
They have their own "Speel" block or how it's called
Speelhuis in reference to Playhouse Disney (I don’t know if they had that as a block there but it was a channel in 2010-11 I think). I was referring to no branding at all though, just regular DC. That’s what happened in Turkey and Spain.

I remember many European DCs would air random preschool coproductions/acquired shows at night to fulfil quotas.

Francisque

I remember kids not wanting to watch DC because they aired way too much of the same stuff. I don‘t think DC had a good variety since about 2010-11.

Speelhuis in reference to Playhouse Disney (I don’t know if they had that as a block there but it was a channel in 2010-11 I think). I was referring to no branding at all though, just regular DC. That’s what happened in Turkey and Spain.

I remember many European DCs would air random preschool coproductions/acquired shows at night to fulfil quota
Many people forget that in 2007 overplayed, especially in the UK, the same type of Suite Life, Hannah Montana sitcoms plus the same DCOMs

I especially never was a fan of that style, too much of a "be a star" kind of thing

MagiaDiWinx

Many people forget that in 2007 overplayed, especially in the UK, the same type of Suite Life, Hannah Montana sitcoms plus the same DCOMs

I especially never was a fan of that style, too much of a "be a star" kind of thing
And that schedule was unpopular even among fans of those shows. Quite simply, when it’s airing 24/7, it’s tiring to watch. I think what you meant was even in the 2000s, they were losing sight of what people actually wanted. In fact in one Hannah Montana episode there’s a joke of Jackson with the theme song and saying “why is this always on?!“, ie Disney did know this but didn’t change their content.

In Europe specifically, joining basic packages lead them to air the most random acquired shows. This was worst in France (I think they have to air specifically French-produced content AS WELL AS other European shows) and Spain (cuz of joining terrestrial in 2008 which I don’t know if it still is). Italy had some weird acquired shows but not excessively, but their own co-productions got overused.

Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

When did That’s So Raven get a Polish lipsync dub? Disney Channel aired it voiced over as late as 2009 and I don’t know about ZigZap.
Also, when did it premeire in the UK and France? They had it in 2002 while all other countries including the US didn’t get it until 2003.

Francisque

When did That’s So Raven get a Polish lipsync dub? Disney Channel aired it voiced over as late as 2009 and I don’t know about ZigZap.
Also, when did it premeire in the UK and France? They had it in 2002 while all other countries including the US didn’t get it until 2003.
It was promoted as a global premiere in the UK, with their typical "fanfare"

(they also aired Fillmore much earlier than, e..g Italy)

0:26

This promo was also reused by DC France (with some tweaks) in as late as the Summer 2003 and likely other DC operations in EMEA (maybe Italy too, didn't have access to DC Italy for a period at that time)
0:09

As for when: some sources say September 2002 for the UK, but it seems to early
I believe November/December 2002, as the video clearly promotes it as a worldwide premiere on weekdays, and they don't have a huge array of episodes, so had it premiered in September, they wouldn't continue to promote it in December 2002 (worldwide premiere)

17thof January 2003 for France
9th of February 2003 for Italy

No dubbing issues in the UK, therefore it's less problematic

Last edited:

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
The Polish lip-sync dub of That's So Raven was released exclusively on Disney+ in 2023. The series has never been properly dubbed into Polish before; only lectored. Even on ZigZap, it was only lectored.

TSMetro64

Disney Channel East Europe schedule for 11 - 17 Mar 2024.
Sorry for this absolute disorganisation.
DC.png

MagiaDiWinx

It was promoted as a global premiere in the UK, with their typical "fanfare"

(they also aired Fillmore much earlier than, e..g Italy)

0:26

This promo was also reused by DC France (with some tweaks) in as late as the Summer 2003 and likely other DC operations in EMEA (maybe Italy too, didn't have access to DC Italy for a period at that time)
0:09

As for when: some sources say September 2002 for the UK, but it seems to early
I believe November/December 2002, as the video clearly promotes it as a worldwide premiere on weekdays, and they don't have a huge array of episodes, so had it premiered in September, they wouldn't continue to promote it in December 2002 (worldwide premiere)

17thof January 2003 for France
9th of February 2003 for Italy

No dubbing issues in the UK, therefore it's less problematic
Ok so it premiered in France and Italy before the bounce era but after the US release. And I agree that September 2002 seems unlikely. Back then, DC would premiere shows early in the UK like TSR and American Dragon.

TSR ad from France BEFORE the bounce era. This title is inaccurate because I don’t think it would have been released dubbed already.

Francisque

I think the promo might well be from2003 on the rebrand day but before the actual rebrand at 6:55pm on la fête de la Musique, as That's so Raven was aired on Summer days daily at 6:10pm.

They had two version of the Summer promos, bounce and non-Bounce, even if the promos were only used for one day or two, before the rebrand.

And yes, definitely TSR and Kim Possible too were both aired well before the 2003 rebrand in individual EMEA countries

@Markus Nelis

This is the internal name for the feed though.

And Central Europe for Czechia/Slovakia/Hungary

MagiaDiWinx

I think the promo might well be from2003 on the rebrand day but before the actual rebrand at 6:55pm on la fête de la Musique, as That's so Raven was aired on Summer days daily at 6:10pm.

They had two version of the Summer promos, bounce and non-Bounce, even if the promos were only used for one day or two, before the rebrand.

And yes, definitely TSR and Kim Possible too were both aired well before the 2003 rebrand in individual EMEA countries
Do you have anything for Kim Possible?

Also, what show is this with the Minnie Mouse pic?

MagiaDiWinx

I don’t understand why Disney France localised this into French when the TV logo was only used in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts