International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Moleoman

"The Cheetah Girls: One World" premiered in Poland on January 24, 2009 at 10:30: https://dubbingpedia.pl/wiki/Cheetah_Girls:_Jeden_świat

For a long time movies on DC Scandi/MEA/Poland were usually shown on Fridays at 19:00 CET and weekends at 10:30 (until late January 2007 they aired at 11:30), 16:00 and 19:00 CET. On December 2008, 16:00 weeekend showings shifted to 15:30 CET in Scandinavia, while the slot was kept unchanged in MEA/Poland/Turkey. The same feed had that slot removed in September 2009, while the Friday evening airings were gone in mid-November 2009. In Nordics, the second weekend movie slot was removed in June 2010, while the Friday evening one stayed like that until mid-August when it moved to 18:30.

Francisque

DC UK movie premieres also moved slightly earlier to 5:30pm, I think some time before the channel actually shut down

It was in order to avoid a clash with Emmerdale, Coronation Street and many "British favourites", which start at 7pm

Markus Nelis

DC was getting the low ratings in the UK so they didn't want to lose even more viewership at the same time when general channels aired these popular shows. Usually networks love competition but DC made a smart move by premiering stuff earlier.

guimax

A few days ago, Baby TV Latin America was unified with the European feed:

According to comments, the audio was in Spanish from Spain, until it was corrected a few hours later into Latin American Spanish.

Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

Strangely enough, Life with Derek, a Canadian show, had its French dub produced in France and commissioned by DC France, even though Vrak picked it up later. DC France also never aired Naturally Sadie, which even aired on Nick in some countries. (But not France) hm

Francisque

Strangely enough, Life with Derek, a Canadian show, had its French dub produced in France and commissioned by DC France, even though Vrak picked it up later. DC France also never aired Naturally Sadie, which even aired on Nick in some countries. (But not France) hm
Naturally Sadie also didn't air in most of Europe and beyond.

Plus, it was not a DC show
I find it much weirder how DC UK never picked up Life with Derek but Toonami UK did during its strange era (treating it badly too) when this could have been treated much more normally on DC UK.

Not even Even Stevens was part ever of the British line up, although they had the rights for the movie; so many missed chances for DC UK, especially as between 2005-7 it was even more repetitive and boring than DC US, by far

DC Italy had both, Even Stevens starting in 2005, but at least DC IT made an effort to buy it.
DC France was one of the few feeds to have Drôle de Frère (Even Stevens) since the beginning, I think.

CBBC had the rights for Even Stevens, OK, but then there was a time when CBBC started not airing it anymore in 2005-6, missed chance for DC UK to actually buy it!
So many missed chances in general during that time (2005-8), it was a poorly treated feed, until it hadn't gone back to normality in around 2008, pushing some acquisitions to the channel and so on.

French society is very protective about dubs and so on; plus, Canadian French dubs aren't popular in France
And it's still an English-speaking Canada show

Markus Nelis

Classic Mickey Mouse shorts to air on Fridays at 7:25p on Disney Channel Scandinavia. Phineas & Ferb is also on Fridays so it's airing once a week.

Reactions: Rrr

MagiaDiWinx

Did DC Russia air English Hannah Montana music videos during breaks? The Russian dub is the only one to dub all of the songs so I’m not sure if they would.

There was also a competition on DC France, Italy and Germany where a random kid would get to sing an version of Best of Both Worlds in those respective languages, and they also had these promotional-purposes-only dubs in France for some of the other songs. But the show aired as usual with the songs kept in English.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Here it is. The full schedule for April is available for Disney Channel Scandinavia. Very colorful. I haven't seen a great schedule in a very long time. Nothing really changes when it comes to airing a lot of the certain shows. Disney Channel spams Miraculous and on preschool side it's Bluey. It's not surprising as they continue airing the most on the schedule (Bluey airs a lot on DJ already). No Raven's Home but if two hours of live-action do well, they might just add it later. I'd say this is more like a test schedule what works and doesn't. Expect a few shows being removed in the coming months.

As for the schedule, here it is:
1711350491182.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
Telekom Srbija (Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, and Montenegro) has renewed their carriage deal with Disney, which includes the following channels: Star Channel, Star Life, Star Crime, Star Movies, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, 24Kitchen, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Baby TV.

Rrr

Looks great! It’s really good that they’re trying to promote the channel that much, they really seem to be stepping up their game :eek:

Edit: It seems that the feed will from 5. April continue the “Disney Sjov” tradition, a Danish Disney block (based on the “Disney Afternoon” block) which aired on DR1 since the 90es and shut down December 2022. DC will continue airing something in that style it seems, in the same timeframe as originally shown (Fridays 7 pm), as confirmed officialy here: Disney Sjov vender tilbage - MereMobil.dk

Would be really interesting to see how this will be managed by the Nordic team, too bad I don’t have the channel myself :p

Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

Telekom Srbija (Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, and Montenegro) has renewed their carriage deal with Disney, which includes the following channels: Star Channel, Star Life, Star Crime, Star Movies, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, 24Kitchen, Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Baby TV.

But it’s still all in English, isn’t it?

Markus Nelis

I should be able to record some DC Scandinavia but with camera. However don't expect me to be up at 6a to record a switch from DC EMEA to a relaunch since I'm off on Easter. If it happened on a normal Monday, I would have definitely been up by then. If I'm lucky to wake up to go to the brathroom, just maybe I'm able to record switchover as well.

MagiaDiWinx

Random but it seems like the Cyrillic version of Placard was made/commissioned by and for Disney Russia, which is why Bulgaria wasn’t using it until 2022 for the ad break bumper. Ukraine also didn’t use it back when they had a dubbed DC but I think it was on PlusPlus. Those two countries always get shafted.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Disney Channel EMEA currently airs a promo for Miraculous World: Paris, which will air this Monday (April 1st) at 11:05.

Here's the thing:
As we know, that's the day the Scandinavian feed relaunches. But the promo is still dubbed into those languages mentioning those time slots as if nothing would happen.

Francisque

Disney Channel EMEA currently airs a promo for Miraculous World: Paris, which will air this Monday (April 1st) at 11:05.

Here's the thing:
As we know, that's the day the Scandinavian feed relaunches. But the promo is still dubbed into those languages mentioning those time slots as if nothing would happen.
Very clever

Who's even managing the channel anyway?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts