International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Rrr

Thank you for uploading, the “new” branding looks pretty good :)

I never expected such a block to actually surface on modern days DC, but personally I think that they managed very well

Artan1528

Thank you for uploading, the “new” branding looks pretty good :)

I never expected such a block to actually surface on modern days DC, but personally I think that they managed very well
I was quite shocked how well they managed it lol. I wish they didn’t have promos in between tho, would be closer to the old one

Btw it seems like they used a totally different print than the one used on Disney+
Image4.png

Last edited:

Rrr

Hm thats weird, perhaps this was the print Disney has used earlier on some purposes (such as when they aired the show on Disney XD some years ago)? Still quite strange

Looking at your video the aspect ratio they used for the show is interesting; when DR1 aired it in 2022 it was in 4:3.

EDIT: Indeed
dxdklond.png

Last edited:

Artan1528

The English EMEA promo they showed last weekend for 2 days in Scandinavia is now airing here in local language. I just saw it in Danish and they say new episodes are on Monday-Friday at 21:25 (It’s a lie tho cause those are reruns, they actually air at 13:45)

MagiaDiWinx

The English EMEA promo they showed last weekend for 2 days in Scandinavia is now airing here in local language. I just saw it in Danish and they say new episodes are on Monday-Friday at 21:25 (It’s a lie tho cause those are reruns, they actually air at 13:45)

Ok so they’re already falling apart…I hope that’s not the case

Artan1528

Ok so they’re already falling apart…I hope that’s not the case
Oh they already did on the first day. There were new episodes of Bluey and Monsters At Work in the monring and 15:10, but the idents, bugs and promos said new episodes in the evening, and those were reruns. For some reason they don’t acknowledge the premieres earlier in the day, only the reruns (as premieres) later on

Rrr

Probably its just for marketing reasons, since maybe not many viewers will be watching in the morning hours on a schoolday, they promote the reruns as “real” premieres.

But it doesnt really make sense, you could name both time slots in the promos, or just premiere the show in the slot which there would be most likely viewers, i guess

The current way of advertising it doesnt seem proper to me

Francisque

Probably its just for marketing reasons, since maybe not many viewers will be watching in the morning hours on a schoolday, they promote the reruns as “real” premieres.

But it doesnt really make sense, you could name both time slots in the promos, or just premiere the show in the slot which there would be most likely viewers, i guess

The current way of advertising it doesnt seem proper to me
It actually makes a lot of sense

In the morning hours people don't watch much the telly: overall, it's a "non-issue", the main showing is at night
Having double time slots on promos would complicate promos: moreover, people know there are repeats

I suppose it's a matter of time until they don't get the more logical pattern "new showing at night, repeat on the morning of the next day" overused by many channels, but in this day or age, fixed time slots due to catch up services, are becoming less of a problem

Artan1528

They also say New Episodes Monday-Friday on the promo, but my guides only mention new episodes Mon-Wed

Monday s7e140
Tuesday s7e141
Wednesday s7e142

Following week
Monday s7e143
Tuesday s7e144
Wednesday s7e145
Etc

So either the promo or the guide is wrong, we will see

MagiaDiWinx

Oh they already did on the first day. There were new episodes of Bluey and Monsters At Work in the monring and 15:10, but the idents, bugs and promos said new episodes in the evening, and those were reruns. For some reason they don’t acknowledge the premieres earlier in the day, only the reruns (as premieres) later on
It is after all just about money. They just use gimmicks to draw people in, like Disney-Sjov.

Markus Nelis

DC Scandi doesn't get ad revenue as the ads are soft in the market for children's television. But they should be able to get some money from viewership ńumbers at least. This is why they do a lot of good timeslot promoting even if the actual premiere premiere will sometimes be earlier in the day. Or they could do more of something like they do with Monsters at Work by first telling it's airing at 3:10p and then later in the day promote the evening timeslot. So far this has happened with this and Bluey.

Markus Nelis

I suppose because Sofia the First is a princess too. Might be because it's friendly enough and kind of fits for preschool. It's a mix of that and big kids.

Artan1528

Seems like Kim Possible and TaleSpin will return in Disney Sjov. Excited to see the "Snart" bugs for them:

They showed the 2017 DuckTales bug for "DuckTales" yesterday unfortunately

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Bunk'd new episodes screenbug. While Peyton List was on the show years ago, it makes no sense to promote her there as she's not part of new episodes.
vlcsnap-2024-04-08-20h38m47s541.png

Artan1528

Another thing I noticed with the Bunk'd promo, they mention new episodes Mondays-Fridays. That's not true either. They will only air new episodes Mon-Wed following days:

April 8th-10th (Mon-Wednesday)
April 15th-17th (Mon-Wednesday)

No new episodes on Monday the 22nd, so just 6 new episodes in total.
Keep in mind the timeslot in the promo is wrong too, with new episodes airing 13:45 and not 21:25 as I mentioned on another post.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts