International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiaDiWinx

Does anyone know what Disney Channels dubbed the wand ID’s? Cuz I know of France, Spain and Italy; Israel subbed them; Latin America made they own for they original shows but I don’t know if they showed the originals. CEE and I think EMEA (ie the pan-feed) aired them but cut without the people actually speaking.

Francisque

Does anyone know what Disney Channels dubbed the wand ID’s? Cuz I know of France, Spain and Italy; Israel subbed them; Latin America made they own for they original shows but I don’t know if they showed the originals. CEE and I think EMEA (ie the pan-feed) aired them but cut without the people actually speaking.
Not sure, probably Japan too since they follow suit the American operation
Scandinavia probably never used them

As for airing them: operations like Italy did air them, but inconsistently and not for a LONG time

The UK used them as "idents" but very rarely, mainly as "backup" idents

In general, between 2003-7 and beyond DC UK only aired idents when there was no Next or Now bumpers and at odd occasions such as closedowns
Which was better than with what happened with DC Italy starting with the 2003 rebrand: using the very limited array of "US" idents, overrepeated soon and also dropped 1 or 2 years later

MagiaDiWinx

@Francisque I know this is at least partly an error but did DC UK experiment with not displaying the watermark for the entire duration of the program and didn't do it right?

Francisque

These were used as "Now" bumpers and also said that ("et maintenant" means "and now"), similar story on DC Italy
DC France had Now bumpers and "Pub" bumpers back then, no idents

The poster is clueless

MagiaDiWinx

These were used as "Now" bumpers and also said that ("et maintenant" means "and now"), similar story on DC Italy

The poster is clueless
Phew I thought I was clueless…turns out I just couldn’t hear the video. <3

Artan1528

Btw they aired a Disney Sjov rerun on April 7th at 17:00, and they aired the whole 57 minutes without promos in between, just the whole Disney Sjov "episode/block" in one go. I like this way better, it's true to the original we had on DR1.

PerkyStella

I believe they started that practice probably midway into the Ribbon era.
See, DC France had regular idents play before programmes during both the Red & Blue and Circles eras, as its playout is most likely different from other French channels of the time but similar to other DCI networks.

Francisque

I believe they started that practice probably midway into the Ribbon era.
See, DC France had regular idents play before programmes during both the Red & Blue and Circles eras, as its playout is most likely different from other French channels of the time but similar to other DCI networks.
Before 2003, mostly, with some attempts to get some of the back in some later areas
With the ribbon era they also had some "Tout de suite" bumpers, but they quickly got rid of them and replaced by a Next programme info ECP/banners and so on

In 2003, with the rebrand, they only aired the ident very rarely and often had no ident before the show, as typical of a few European and French channels; later that year very short "Now bumpers" got used
(0:55; also notice the wrong colours in the previous promo)

with the circles package they had loads of idents due to the idents having been created "for Europeans" with "European sensibilities"; especially British ones, since British channels use pre-programme idents a lot

But starting in 2003, they made the right choice by getting rid of them (including the UK, which replaced them with Now bumpers), since the US package had a very limited array of idents

Then, as I've already mentioned, starting in 2005-6 a messy era happened among European feeds with Bounce, with no strict coordinated direction

PerkyStella

It's quite amusing, honestly, since in the default Bounce graphics, there were only three standard idents included, and that's even before you start to count the first batch of Magic ID's that PMcD produced for DC USA (although to be fair, said ID's did show up in, say, Scandinavia and LATAM).

For the regions that still used idents before programmes during the era (Asia-Oceania, for example), DCI later had to commission several overseas design firms such as The Creative Division in Australia to make extra idents in addition to the default trio.

CPHR777

From today, Disney Channel in Poland started using age ratings
1712844703066.png

1712844939129.png

Mod note: Double posts merged. Please use the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisque

From today, Disney Channel in Poland started using age ratingsView attachment 308004
They're the Spanish age ratings, since the Disney EMEA operations are broadcast with a Spanish license, mostly due to Brexit

I don't know whether Spanish law by now enforce them or not; maybe they've been reprimanded by the CNMC?
Information online is very confusing; but some channels had it from the start

Maybe there's an opt out for rebroadcast operations intended for other countries, e.g. True Crime and Legend Ireland, which are just rebroadcast of the British operations with opt outs

It's a bit of mess after Brexit: OFCOM is somewhat friendly towards international operations, not forcing them age ratings (especially the Dutch ones, which I find somehow ugly), and small bits, but so far each EU country has its peculiarities and forces broadcasters which have operations in different countries to have "unneeded" peculiarities

E.g. with Czechia you get to have the DOG during promos, for some reasons; the Dutch regulator puts restriction on children's advertising and forces you to have kitschy ratings, so partly the Spanish one, and so on

Sky UK uses Luxembourg for ROI, but nevertheless, I believe you can't have internal advertising blocks on children's content with them, and you need to go to Czechia instead

I believe in a way or the other had Britain not left the EU, they would have moved to another country's license, simply because the UK more rightly sticks to the 12 minutes per hour of advertising rule, while the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Czechia have relaxed that

Markus Nelis

It's been over a week and there's a lot of positive reviews from me why Disney Channel Nordic's relaunch has been so good:
- They promote new episodes during the entire episodes by having a screenbug.
- Schedule hasn't been great for a long time.
- No Disney+ mentions meaning they really will focus on the TV channel.
- Disney's classic block every Friday.
- They say at what time new episodes will air. That wasn't the case early last year before our temporary switch to the EMEA feed. Take notes CN.

It has all the potential as long as they keep this up for years to come.

TVArchive

what does Russia have to do with the management of Disney Channel CEE? of course, I know that the CEO (cee+cis) Kakhaber Abashidze speaks Russian and has often been to Moscow, but I did not think that the Moscow team was solving something on Disney channel cee

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412_173525_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412_173525_Chrome.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 1000223884.jpg
    1000223884.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 39

MagiaDiWinx

Before 2003, mostly, with some attempts to get some of the back in some later areas
With the ribbon era they also had some "Tout de suite" bumpers, but they quickly got rid of them and replaced by a Next programme info ECP/banners and so on

In 2003, with the rebrand, they only aired the ident very rarely and often had no ident before the show, as typical of a few European and French channels; later that year very short "Now bumpers" got used
(0:55; also notice the wrong colours in the previous promo)

with the circles package they had loads of idents due to the idents having been created "for Europeans" with "European sensibilities"; especially British ones, since British channels use pre-programme idents a lot

But starting in 2003, they made the right choice by getting rid of them (including the UK, which replaced them with Now bumpers), since the US package had a very limited array of idents

Then, as I've already mentioned, starting in 2005-6 a messy era happened among European feeds with Bounce, with no strict coordinated direction
I NEVER liked the French way of doing DC graphics after circles. Everything was messed up.

Bounce - very sloppy mistakes, ugly watermark
Ribbon - horrible ECP implementaion (you saw on Hannah Montana that it would block the subtitles) and still ugly watermark (btw i didn’t upload that now bumper. Or i misinterpreted you uh)
Smartphone App - ugly cheap graphics
Glass - idk something was just off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts