International Disney Networks Thread Part 11

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
former Disney employees don't have promos from Jetix and Disney. there was some kind of system that did not allow to take something. but still, they somehow made these promos, how did they disappear in the first place? Maybe someone knows better? or was that a deliberate response?View attachment 310166
They probably lost access either before the war or before the conversion to a terrestrial network.

I'd say the latter.

JulianRO

Why Disney would keep an archive of their promos and broadcasts though? It takes an enormous amount of space to store them, probably hundreds or even thousands of hard drives. Maybe even more

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Five out of the six remaining episodes of the first part of season 1 of Ariel will air next week on Disney Junior's EMEA feed compound.

So far they only aired episodes 1 to 5 skipping 3 for reasons I don't know (and care even).

MagiaDiWinx

Interestingly, they used an edited version of the US "Vault Disney" ident (seen at 3:08).
The Latino operations have always been a middle ground between Eurasian and American operations, when it comes to Disney television and home video. I prefer the international way over the American way!

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Why Disney would keep an archive of their promos and broadcasts though? It takes an enormous amount of space to store them, probably hundreds or even thousands of hard drives. Maybe even more
That's true, but stuff like promos are usually still stuck in the playout for some time.

I mean, how else would this have happened:

Similar stuff also happened on other channels (for example Boom/CN EMEA feeds, even after the playout switch in 2021!)

But still still having Jetix stuff stored is really unlikely.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Unless:
You used to work for the graphical team of the channel, but upon its reconversion, you were retrenched
And as consequence you still have the archives of the promos you made

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Perhaps maybe when the remaining shares of Jetix Europe was bought up by Disney, a completely a new team came to the channel.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Perhaps maybe when Jetix Europe was bought up by Disney, a completely a new team came to the channel.
To be more accurate, I found tons of old Disney Channel and Cartoon Network promos on Vimeo in the late 2010s and they were all produced by whoever edited them.

Even if Disney XD replaced Jetix, you would still have your work with you.

MagiaDiWinx

That's true, but stuff like promos are usually still stuck in the playout for some time.

I mean, how else would this have happened:

Similar stuff also happened on other channels (for example Boom/CN EMEA feeds, even after the playout switch in 2021!)

Nick UK airs a random trailer from 2016 overnight. They just play random things as fillers. Channels allover the world do this.

JulianRO

Not always, in that case with DC PL it was more of an error, but probably yes, they still store some promos for a longer period of time.
Unless:
You used to work for the graphical team of the channel, but upon its reconversion, you were retrenched
And as consequence you still have the archives of the promos you made
That was the case with the Fox Kids idents made by Doki Denki back in 99-2000. Remember when @Flitskikker tried to first talk with some people who worked at Disney first? No one helped him. Then he managed to find somebody who made the idents and still had them on a VHS tape.

Disney will never give you promos as they'll consider "their work" and you might "infringe" their copyrights.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Nick UK airs a random trailer from 2016 overnight. They just play random things as fillers. Channels allover the world do this.
It's a good way of airing filler without spending a penny. DXD UK had a bumper which showed the logo appearing before the next show...

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Not always, in that case with DC PL it was more of an error, but probably yes, they still store some promos for a longer period of time.
Of course that was an error. What I meant is that there is plenty of stuff from many years ago still in the playout, but for obvious reasons it's not aired.
I just linked that video to showcase that's indeed the case

Markus Nelis

I have yet to see DC Scandinavia start-up to see how it looks like. I don't wake up at 6a. Frankly, I'm not a morning person. And when I have to wake up early, the earliest I wake up is 8a.

Markus Nelis

I have a 7 day catch up service on my provider. It automatically records other channels but no Disney Channel. Most likely because Disney doesn't let to do it because they want people to subscribe to Disney Plus. However it also had a catch up 5 years ago. I had a chance to see their start up back then.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts