International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Nice to see Disney is keeping their word and really switched. The old ident was nice too. I like how they used it for the switch, even though it seems they had a small problem with it. Any other changes like new bumpers? Any more 4:3 feeds?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
More info from ANMTV: the still-unnamed Disney block on SBT will work in a way similar to selling timeslots to religious businessmen or live jewelry home shopping. In a way, the block works like what they call "independent productions".

And some people believe that Disney/TV CRUJ is coming back, when, in reality, I don't think that it will be hosted.

Francisque

Disney Channel Romania and Bulgaria switched to 16:9 this morning. Here's the switch:
Good to hear.. I can't believe they're still using that ident from the old look though! (before the 6am start-up only, but still..)
I hope the WS switch has put an end to it

Nice to see Disney is keeping their word and really switched. The old ident was nice too. I like how they used it for the switch, even though it seems they had a small problem with it. Any other changes like new bumpers? Any more 4:3 feeds?
The only remaining feeds to switch in EMEA are: Disney Junior EMEA and Disney Channel EMEA..

Which I guess shouldn't come late

Last edited:

dcbanners

Check this out

Nice! :)

Off: I contacted Disney Channel Sweden and asked them if they know when DXD Scandi will rebrand, they told me that it's still not even decided yet if they're going to use the new branding or not.. I'm surprised because DXD UK has chosen it.
I believe the localization process is the problem (to make these MTOTFLS banners etc.), this shows that they should split the feeds, which they might do!:D

Francisque

They can't choose not to use them or not :) (their only freedom is to do some very subtle changes and to create some own promo graphics)

They're pretty much obliged by DC US to do so (esp. because the new graphics contain a new logo; a general need to keep international consistency, which started in 2003).. it's just a matter of when
They'll find a logic way to put the "MTOTFLS" banners even with these new graphics, as they always did :)

Last edited:

dcbanners

They can't choose not to use them or not :) (their only freedom is to do some very subtle changes and to create some own promo graphics)

They're pretty much obliged by DC US to do so (esp. because the new graphics contain a new logo; a general need to keep international consistency, which started in 2003).. it's just a matter of when
They'll find a logic way to put the "MTOTFLS" banners even with these new graphics, as they always did :)

Yeah maybe, we'll see. However this has been going on since May, 3 months without a decision!:confused:
I wanted to see a rebrand next month but I guess ours won't come until October / November.

Francisque

Remove the "maybe" part :D

We're already seeing some new websites testing :) .. it's a new logo (not just some slightly different graphics with the same logo), and it needs to be applied internationally, as the DC rebrand last year.. we're having Summer now, which is a sort of "TV void" (at least in the Northern hemisphere :D ); hence why channels don't usually rebrand during these months

I'd say October/November could be true also for the rest of Europe; atm, we don't know when DC UK (etc.) will rebrand.. but Autumn is the most likely candidate

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
Check this out Also Corus issued a press release about the new DC CAN: http://www.corusent.com/home/Corporate/PressReleases/tabid/1697/Default.aspx?Id=3055. ......................................................................And finally here is a look at Family and one of their changes in programming they have made to eventually phase out Disney.

That means DC Korea will finally drop the tag 'the youngest' on September 1. :D By the way, the video below is the promo of Phineas and Ferb: Last Day of Summer (피니와 퍼브: 이 여름의 끝을 잡고) which premieres next Friday at 8p on DC Korea. (The promo is so much like the one of DC US.) One notable thing is, DC Korea doesn't promote the episode as the finale! (DC Asia also did like that.) Maybe it'll conclude the series with Act Your Age, which originally aired before the finale in the US.

Also, I'd like to introduce one of the clips from The Mickey Mouse Club last week that the Mouseketeers sang I Just Can't Wait to Be King from The Lion King. What do you think of this?

Lord Hater

Retired
Check this out Also Corus issued a press release about the new DC CAN: http://www.corusent.com/home/Corporate/PressReleases/tabid/1697/Default.aspx?Id=3055. ......................................................................And finally here is a look at Family and one of their changes in programming they have made to eventually phase out Disney.
The press release says that there will be world premiere episodes of shows. Does this mean they premiere before the US or alongside the US broadcast?

It also appears that the animation won't be treated well (DC US deathslots cartoons at 10 pm on Fridays). :( The announcer sounds similar to the US one.

http://www.corusent.com/home/Corporate/PressReleases/tabid/1697/Default.aspx?Id=3056
Also, a French version of the channel will replace Telétoon Rétro.

dcbanners

Disney Channel CA will launch another localized feed in French called "Disney La Chaine":eek:_O
http://www.disneylachaine.ca
Sk_rmavbild_2015_08_12_kl_17_11_59.png

DC RU and DC CA are the two feeds who got their own logo version now!:)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Disney Channel CA will launch another localized feed in French called "Disney La Chaine":eek:_O

That's strange. Imagine if our Disney Channel was known as "Canal Disney", and imagine that logo under that name, with "CANAL" in that typeface.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Sk_rmavbild_2015_08_12_kl_17_11_59.png

Did you know companies usually have their names translated into French in Quebec where possible.

https://corporationscanada.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc.nsf/eng/cs04538.html

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/mon...to-add-french-descriptions-to-names-1.3111750

Luckily they didn't have to worry about designing the letters for the logo that much, you can write "LA CHAÎNE", using the letters from the word "CHANNEL" only the letter Î has to be designed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts