International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Hater

Retired
Disney Channel CA will launch another localized feed in French called "Disney La Chaine":eek:_O
http://www.disneylachaine.ca
Sk_rmavbild_2015_08_12_kl_17_11_59.png

DC RU and DC CA are the two feeds who got their own logo version now!:)
I like the logo :) So basically, the English and French channels are the same channel, but in different languages?

Francisque

Disney Channel CA will launch another localized feed in French called "Disney La Chaine":eek:_O
http://www.disneylachaine.ca
Sk_rmavbild_2015_08_12_kl_17_11_59.png

DC RU and DC CA are the two feeds who got their own logo version now!:)
OK, I'm kinda shocked now (but I guess that DC RU and DC CA not being 100% Disney kinda explains it)

Also, DC Hungary announcers call their channel "Disney Csatorna", but this is not used on screen
I like the logo :) So basically, the English and French channels are the same channel, but in different languages?
Nah I think the channels will be separated and each one will have their own continuity, as the current Teletoon Retro (but obv. controlled by the same company)

Francisque

As I expected, they'll use the French dubs, since it'd cost to get new dubs in Québec French (accent)

Since Québec has regular contacts with English-speaking populations, I would've expected Québec announcers not to get wrong the "Disney" pronunciation
Instead, it's "Disnay"

At least slightly better than France with "Disné" :D ; DC France announcers are crap at saying "Channel", as well (unlike DC Wallonia): "Shanèl.." (which reminds of "Chanel"! :D)

So, starting from this year, we have 3 French-speaking Disney Channel : France, Wallonia (owned by the Dutch team), Canada (owned by Corus)

Last edited:

jfoley85

So......DXD and DJ are next to launch yet again for the second time into Canada. They already exist but given the fact that the current ones are becoming Family XTRM and Family Junior we will need new launches. It will be interesting to see if Corus uses any more of their existing channels for this next year. Also the French Disney La Chaine I wasn't expecting but makes sense since Teletoon Retro has a French channel they can use with its closure. Also this launch is ground breaking. Since 1983 DC has been in the US and Family has aired Disney since 1988 at launch. Guess it no longer made sense anymore to not have DC with the other Disney Channels but if you ask me this should have been done years ago. Oh well better now then never.

Moleoman

Nah I think the channels will be separated and each one will have their own continuity, as the current Teletoon Retro (but obv. controlled by the same company)

Disney Channel Middle East in its first few years also had done this (Arabic version on channel 10 of Orbit, English version on Channel 13):

The Arabic and English channels merged into one channel with two audio tracks somewhere in late June/early July 2001:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010616055648/http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/orbit_chno.shtml
http://web.archive.org/web/20010705204500/http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/orbit2_sid.shtml

Francisque

Interesting to know, I thought it was just the same channel being broadcast in two different audio tracks on two different channels :)

Wasn't the English-speaking channel maybe DC Asia (so automatically in English)? Because it looks strange to have two completely different channels for just one market..

Anyways, I don't think La Chaîne Disney will have the same schedule as DC Canada, just as with Teletoon Retro

Let's also remind that before switching to the current DC EMEA in Arabic (which at that time had the same schedule as DC Scandinavia and Poland), DC Middle East was owned by the Asian team, hence it had in common with DC HK, South-East Asia etc.
But I guess lack of a consistent audience share and the fact that that the ME/NA markets usually are paired with Europe and Africa, made them decide to switch to the "newer" EMEA feed

Last edited:

jfoley85

Disney Channel Middle East in its first few years also had done this (Arabic version on channel 10 of Orbit, English version on Channel 13):

The Arabic and English channels merged into one channel with two audio tracks somewhere in late June/early July 2001:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010616055648/http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/orbit_chno.shtml
http://web.archive.org/web/20010705204500/http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/orbit2_sid.shtml
I'm pretty sure the DC in the US does that too with two different audio tracks for English and Spanish on the same channel.Also, having ABC Spark here (the CDN version of ABC Family, which is owned by Disney) also owned by Corus makes us similar to the US in that regard but with two different language channels instead.

Last edited:

jfoley85

Abit of more news it's been confirmed by Corus that the French Teletoon Retro will become Disney la Chaine on September 1. You can read about it on Corus' website but the same news hasn't come out for the English news and their are rumours that CN might take the spot on the dial of Teletoon Retro English for the carriers like mine who don't carry the channel or even that Teletoon Retro English becomes CN and CN becomes Disney Channel. DC Canada could very well also find a new spot on the dial for carriers like mine as Disney is popular. It's a wait to see what actually happens I guess.

Last edited:

officialcanmrt

Turkish people he saw and asked the Removal of Hazardous publication of the Youth Series. Turkey raised the Disney team in the publication.

Finally;
Disney Channel Turkey was Child&Baby Channel.

:( :( :( :(

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
You know I usually have been updating the schedule of DC Korea on the separate Google Docs document recent days because it's too long to post here but I can show you the schedule for next weekdays because it's short enough, thanks to...

DISNEY CHANNEL KOREA SCHEDULE AS OF MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2015 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 21, 2015 (06:00-24:00)
06:00 Muffy and Jemjem
06:30 Franky & Friends
----- START OF DISNEY JUNIOR ON DISNEY CHANNEL -----
07:00 The Octonauts
07:15 Timon and Pumbaa’s Wild About Safety (Fri)
07:30 Sofia the First
08:00 Jake and the Never Land Pirates* (Mon) / Henry Hugglemonster* (Tue) / Sofia the First* (Wed) / Doc McStuffins* (Thu) / Miles from Tomorrowland* (Fri)
----- END OF DISNEY JUNIOR ON DISNEY CHANNEL -----
09:00 Phineas and Ferb
11:00 Phineas and Ferb
13:00 Phineas and Ferb
15:00 Phineas and Ferb
17:00 Phineas and Ferb
19:00 Phineas and Ferb (Save Summer on Fri)
20:00 Dinosaur (Mon) / Meet the Robinsons (Tue) / Ratatouille (Wed) / The Mickey Mouse Club* (Thu) / Phineas and Ferb: Last Day of Summer* (Fri)
21:00 The 7D (Fri)
21:30 Dooly the Little Dinosaur (Mon)
22:00 Dooly the Little Dinosaur (Tue) / The Mickey Mouse Club (Wed,Fri)
23:00 I’m Mongni

All times KST (GMT+9). Subject to change. * denotes new episode(s).

Yes, there will be 11 hours (+1 hour on Friday; total 56 hours) of P&F marathon from next Monday to Friday at 9a-8p (9p on Friday) that will air all P&F episodes except Act Your Age and end with the premiere of Last Day of Summer on Friday at 8p ― same with what DXD US did before the premiere. Even though DC Korea is still not telling that the episode is series finale but the viewers could know it's the end. I know that most European DC or DXD haven't aired the episode yet but they could run similar thing when they air it, I think.

Finally, this is the one of what you'll see next year:

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/201...t-whos-taking-on-the-roles-of-simba-and-nala/

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@Yippee Coyote: Zip Zip premieres next Monday on Disney XD NL.
Isn't that because in Quebec, they don't like English that much? I read that somewhere
I think that's just France. French people only care about their own culture and look down on everything else.
I have visited France quite a lot, but I have yet to encounter a French person who knows that Flemish is not a dialect of French. Yes, it is really that bad.

Walloon people are more open to different cultures, and I think it's the same in Quebec.

Last edited:

Francisque

It's more like "French TV" (or French society if you wish)), not necessarily what your average French thinks.

And actually Québec is linguistically a bit more "puristic" than France (although they also have a good number of loans from English), they even say things like "arrêt" instead of "stop" and "fin de semaine" instead of "week-end"
They feel like French is being threatened (particularly in Montréal) so it sometimes ends up to be more puristic than France.. in the case of "La Chaîne Disney" I also believe it's due to the channel not being 100% Disney.. this wouldn't have probably happened otherwise, since Disney Channel is an international brand

BTW the biggest difference between Québec French and France from French is the accent.. the Québec one(s) (particularly the most marked ones) tend to be quite looked down and laughed at in France, which linguistically is "snobbish" even when it comes to the regional accents from France; arguably Québec French sounds "drawled" compared to standard French

Last edited:

GMIKI96

I quit
Just noticed: Disney Channel CZ/HU has the Czech audio track on my provider. Finally I can evade the stock music during commercials :D

jfoley85

It's more like "French TV" (or French society if you wish)), not necessarily what your average French thinks.

And actually Québec is linguistically a bit more "puristic" than France (although they also have a good number of loans from English), they even say things like "arrêt" instead of "stop" and "fin de semaine" instead of "week-end"
They feel like French is being threatened (particularly in Montréal) so it sometimes ends up to be more puristic than France.. in the case of "La Chaîne Disney" I also believe it's due to the channel not being 100% Disney.. this wouldn't have probably happened otherwise, since Disney Channel is an international brand

BTW the biggest difference between Québec French and France from French is the accent.. the Québec one(s) (particularly the most marked ones) tend to be quite looked down and laughed at in France, which linguistically is "snobbish" even when it comes to the regional accents from France; arguably Québec French sounds "drawled" compared to standard French
Some people and places in New Brunswick are quite French too with English being used as well in the province and English and French named places. I know this because I visited there. Not so much here in Newfoundland as we are an English speaking province majority with a few French named places but Disney la Chaine and Disney Channel are owned by Corus (obv right) and will air the content Disney provides so yes it's not 100 percent Disney but Canada (outside Quebec) likes to use French words over English in French speaking places and for French speaking people residing there in the majority as was pointed out by you so yes that is another reason for French branding.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Dammit. I forgot about the Star preview and missed it. So mad right now since they're going to premiere it who knows when. Why is it such a problem for Disney to advertise these previews? :( They could at least have a VOD service of some sorts.

Last edited:

Moleoman

Are you referring to the classic theatrical shorts? If that's the case, then I'm very jealous on you. :p
Well, NewBogus reffered to the late 80s Disney animated series: "Gummi Bears", "Chip n' Dale" and "DuckTales". The classic theatrical shorts never ran on Disney Junior EMEA feed. After 2010 the only Disney feeds in Poland to air the theatricals were Disney Channel and Disney XD and those shorts aired only as part of "Have a Laugh!" (in both short and full versions). Until 31st August 2009 the theatrical Disney shorts ran on Disney Channel Poland/MEA under the umbrella name "Classic Cartoons" and the shorts collection was bigger than in "Have a Laugh!"; its rotation included among them "Plane Crazy", "Steamboat Willie", some colorized B&W Mickey shorts (like "Klondike Kid" or "Shanghaied), Goofy shorts like ("They're Off" or "Goofy's Glider"), "Donald's Double Trouble" and also "Morris the Midget Moose". The infamous thing about the Disney Channel Scandinavia/Middle East/Poland's print of the latter short is that there was a small censorship (?) near the beginning but they forgot to edit the moments on Polish audio track, which means the short ran desynchronized on Polish audio track. At least the Swedish/Norwegian/Danish/Arabic dub credits recompensate the lost seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts