International Disney Networks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularCapital

Staff member
What a terrible launch day schedule, I suppose viewers would treat the launch as a "normal" day because they watched the same shows on Family, things will change as soon as DHX's contract expires.

ltw9719

Unofficial Disney Channel Korea Social Ambassador
A strange thing happened today on DC Korea as it supposed to adapt the fall graphics package. Yes, the new graphics came... just to commercial bumpers only. :( All other bumpers turned back to the normal one as seen in spring. I have no idea whether DC Korea will expand the fall graphics to other bumpers later. And because of that, I deleted 'Fall 2015' YT playlist and modified existing 'Spring 2015' playlist to 'Spring/Fall 2015' (not completed yet, of course).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp2vYiiLFGKwy-2zjrOV751b4FHCm3b8x

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
You've got that mixed up. It went from Retro -> Disney Channel Canada (for a few seconds) -> CN Canada. Disney Channel Canada has now taken Cartoo Network Canada's old channel space, while CN moves up to Retro's.

Francisque

Frankly, I think the Canadian regulators too strict (which is weird, since no European regulator is like that, not even in Russia)..

The fact that Nick, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel Canada are all owned by the same Canadian operator is very weird :D

Francisque

:D What a coincidence..

That ident was shown very rarely, at least in 2006.. they mostly had the "Now" bumpers, instead

Moleoman

:D That ident was shown very rarely, at least in 2006.. they mostly had the "Now" bumpers, instead

This firefly ident was used by Disney Channel Scandinavia/Middle East/Poland quite often. I remember that the ident was still used (along with bunch of other 2002/2003 DC US live-action idents) by September 2009 or later.

Also the video features a promo banner I've seen in one of montages of DC look by CA-Square (We never had this promo banner).. The bubble (with a character in it) in this banner was also seen on from DC UK and DC Scandinavia/Middle East/Poland 2006-2007 credits pushback look.

From what I read, the announcer of DC Italy in this video seems to be Patrizio Prata (a Milanese dub actor).

Francisque

Actually during 2006 and 2007 DC Italy was quite different compared to DC UK during that time, as it was one of the few to introduce the Next/Now bumpers from the 2003-2007 "2.0" era.. we had no "bubble" Next/Later/Then ECP (and during that time, starting in Autumn 2006, DC UK/EMEA also dropped the Now bumpers) based on the bubble background from the "1.0 set"
Sadly, there aren't videos about it

The firefly ident (along with some other idents) was shown rather frequently between 2003-2005/-6 (can't remember); but later, they decided to drop them (as they weren't a huge amount, and they got tiring soon compared to the numerous 1999-2003 set) and they replaced them with Now bumpers
It goes without saying that during 2003-2005/-6 idents weren't always aired (straight to the show after a promo)

And yes, he's Patrizio Prata.. he's been there for a loooong time, basically since the launch of the channel.. he had a female accompaniment (a mediocre one; but better than nothing) until the mid-2000s, but now no more.. I don't dislike him (a bit childish at times, but there's nothing wrong with his voice), but he's got tiring..
I don't like having just one announcer doing ALL the promos

DC France stopped airing the idents already on the rebrand day in 2003 (only airing the idents during special occasions); gaining some short "Now" bumpers shortly after (late 2003-2004)

Last edited:

dclover

If it's true, this could maybe be a whole new feed like Nick HD Arabia and hopefully in Arabic :)
I don't see a reason to keep the EMEA version in the Middle East when they now got the arabic versions of CN and Nick.
@dclover I didn't find anything either

EDIT: Nevermind, I received a response from OSN, they said that there are no plans to either launch DC in HD or localize it.

I found it on Arabic fan disney site http://salmiyaforum.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=001887;p=537#009111

so far they were correct for other Disney news for Middle East (home entertainment, Arabic dubs, DC news...)

RegularCapital

Staff member
Here's a hidden schedule link for Disney Channel Canada, the downside is that it only goes a day in advance after the user accessible schedule. I suppose that they could add more to the scheduling system in the future.

Want listings in your local time? Just replace eastern with atlantic, newfoundland, central, mountain or pacific.

http://www.disneychannel.ca/corus_schedule/nojs/20150909/eastern

EDIT: What the hell? Disney XD UK just aired a mid-morning sponsorship advert!

Last edited:

Lord Hater

Retired
Descendants received 5 million viewers in Latin America and was the #1 program amongst kids in Mexico.

DC Canada will premiere Guardians of the Galaxy on 9/5 at the same time as the US. Some episodes of KCU, GMW, A&A, and Jessie premiered before the US.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Sad news: SIC will reshuffle their weekend morning cartoon block (LOL@SIC) simply becoming a receptacle for SIC K reruns (incluiding Sonic Boom). This means that, with this sudden "investment" in the demographic, Disney Kids has to go.

I don't know what's happening, but we are losing access to the only block on Portuguese television where people without cable or satellite subscriptions can watch shows from any of "the big three" (CN, Nickelodeon, Disney channels) for free.

I know that I haven't paid enough attention to Disney Kids as of lately, they have been divesting in live-actions and focusing entirely on animation (incluiding old shows that Disney Channel and Junior haven't been repeating in ages). They even aired Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja (on the first day it aired the intro aired in its entirety!) before Disney Channel and aired episodes of Fish Hooks that DC PT never aired to this date.

This block has been on for roughly fourteen years (up until then, RTP 1 aired Clube Disney on Saturday mornings) thanks to SIC resiliently grabbing a contract with Disney. In 2011 the block became soulless, losing presenters and competitions, and premiering/rerunning shows out of a sheer surprise.

I know that Brazil finally has a proper Disney block again, but I don't know about the fate of the Disney contract (which includes Dia D promoting their summer blockbuster and Natal Encantado promoting their Christmas blockbuster). If it goes to RTP, then Phineas and Ferb will air in 16:9 for free (it's already 16:9 on DC PT and RTP 1 and 2 already are full 16:9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts