International HBO Max News Thread

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
HBO Max EMEA has acquired the rights to air the upcoming BBC drama series Wolf in the territories.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Not sure when exactly it happened, but HBO Max in Europe (including Nordic countries) has already added the first season of Infinity Train. I can now access the show dubbed into Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish. However, no English-language subtitles or closed captions are available, though the English audio track is available.

It's called Evighedstoget in Danish, which is a relatively straightforward translation of the English title (though I was expecting it to be called something like "Uendelighedstoget" instead, which is a bit too long).

Bizarrely, it seems that they messed up the English, Danish and Norwegian audio tracks for no reason—Norwegian audio is seeping into the English audio track, English audio is seeping into the Danish audio track, and Danish audio is seeping into the Norwegian audio track. At least the Swedish and Finnish audio tracks seem to be perfectly fine.

I've submitted my feedback out of hope that they fix this issue.

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

Not sure when exactly it happened, but HBO Max in Europe (including Nordic countries) has already added the first season of Infinity Train. I can now access the show dubbed into Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish. However, no English-language subtitles or closed captions are available, though the English audio track is available.

It's called Evighedstoget in Danish, which is a relatively straightforward translation of the English title (though I was expecting it to be called something like "Uendelighedstoget" instead, which is a bit too long).

Bizarrely, it seems that they messed up the English, Danish and Norwegian audio tracks for no reason—Norwegian audio is seeping into the English audio track, English audio is seeping into the Danish audio track, and Danish audio is seeping into the English audio track. At least the Swedish and Finnish audio tracks seem to be perfectly fine.

I've submitted my feedback out of hope that they fix this issue.
Hmm.. I can watch the CC English subtitles in Finland. Either they fixed the issue or it's just a problem for your local HBO Max.

Finnish title is "Ikuisuusjuna".

By the way. Book 2 was also supposed to come as I saw the week list on HBO Max Nordic's Twitter page. Probably some dubbings still missing.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Hmm.. I can watch the CC English subtitles in Finland. Either they fixed the issue or it's just a problem for your local HBO Max.

Finnish title is "Ikuisuusjuna".

By the way. Book 2 was also supposed to come as I saw the week list on HBO Max Nordic's Twitter page. Probably some dubbings still missing.
I don't think they have English subtitles in Denmark though. And the butchered English audio makes the show literally unwatchable to me.

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
They actually responded to my feedback and fixed the broken audio tracks on Infinity Train. The English, Danish and Norwegian audio tracks now all function exactly as intended.

Markus Nelis

They actually responded to my feedback and fixed the broken audio tracks on Infinity Train. The English, Danish and Norwegian audio tracks now all function exactly as intended.
They almost always respond. I've contacted them couple of times to either fix something or ask when are more episodes or new shows coming.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
HBO Max international chief Johannes Larcher has been let go as part of Warner Bros. Discovery's current restructurings.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Spider-Man: No Way Home will become available to stream on HBO Max Brazil on July 22.
Quoted from AT&T spins off Warner Media to Discovery since this focuses on someone from HBO Max Europe.
Christina Sulebakk becomes General Manager, Nordics. She was previously General Manager of HBO Max across Europe.

kb6000

HBO Max CEE July premieres:
HBO Max 2022.07.01-31.png

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Bad news...

HBO Max will remove some original content in certain markets (namely Czechia and Slovakia) and stop producing local content there as well due to cutting costs from the merger. I get the no more shows policy. But removing old ones? What?

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Bad news...

HBO Max will remove some original content in certain markets (namely Czechia and Slovakia) and stop producing local content there as well due to cutting costs from the merger. I get the no more shows policy. But removing old ones? What?

Also, HBO Max is cancelling original programming in parts of Europe.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Warner Bros. Discovery has halted the global expansion of HBO Max, they're now prioritising combining HBO Max's and Discovery+'s content libraries into a new unnamed service. HBO Max was due to launch in France in 2023, but it will have the combined service instead.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts