RegularCapital

Staff member
As for the CBeebies logo, it has always been an arc shape, and the channel has never been referred to CBeebies BBC or BBC CBeebies. The BBC logo is only there for unified branding purposes.

The reason why the BBC logo is at the top is because of the brand new promo branding templates the BBC has been using, where the BBC logo is at the top, and the name of the channel is at the bottom, when the endboard is shown, both move into the middle.

Moleoman

During last days of 2021 teleTOON+ Poland suffered from last minute schedule changes - including night-time marathons of "Spirit: Riding Free" between 01.00 a.m. and 03.00 a.m: teleTOON+

Everything went back to the norm on January 1; however the channel stopped airing promos and instead shows fillers more frequently (i.e. "Talking Tom and Friends" shorts).

harry580

I wonder what if Warner bros discovery spinoff k2 and frisbee back into switchover media if they decided to do something with k2 and frisbee, I mean they already spin off great American country network into its own company so why not k2 and frisbee?

J10

I wonder what if Warner bros discovery spinoff k2 and frisbee back into switchover media if they decided to do something with k2 and frisbee, I mean they already spin off great American country network into its own company so why not k2 and frisbee?
It’s a different situation from the US.

Switchover Media won’t return. The same thing happen to Fatafeat, months before Switchover was taken over, as it was owned before by an Arabic company called Takhayal Entertainment, but years later of its launch, the channel’s parent company, Takhayal Entertainment (Owner of Fatafeat), has been acquired by Discovery.

That’s what happen to Fatafeat, before the takeover of Switchover Media.

I was demanding to spin-off Boing to Mediaset, and takeover Cartoonito Italia from Mediaset. But one of the members told me that the broadcasting is from Mediaset, while the content is from Warner.
I don't think any of the channels will be sold entirely to Mediaset, the whole idea behind the partnership is that Mediaset provides the broadcasting and WarnerMedia provides the content.

Last edited:

Francisque

Keep in mind there probably are current agreeements about keeping CN and Boomerang paying TV brands.

Not saying it can't be done, but it'll take time (at least until Discovery and Warner won't really merge too), and might not be very productive

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Consider also Boing Plus. That +1 channel of Boing we have in Italy. Mediaset acquired the former LCN of Pop, and while the one for Cine Sony indirectly gave birth to a new channel (Cine34), the one for Pop ended to be left not properly used. Boing Plus, I presume, just had to be a placeholder?

Last edited:

J10

Keep in mind there probably are current agreeements about keeping CN and Boomerang paying TV brands.

Not saying it can't be done, but it'll take time (at least until Discovery and Warner won't really merge too), and might not be very productive
He was wondering and asking what’ll happen to K2 and Frisbee after merger, IF that happens. I didn’t say it’ll happen, and I found ideas from quotes in the other threads (e.g. threads like Cartoonito International Thread), if you remember.

Here’s an idea I found from that thread:
Unless the strategy is to move CN to DTT in Italy after the merger with Discovery and replacing either K2 or Frisbee (or both), Boomerang will just close.

Last edited:

Moleoman

JimJam (+1) Italy continuity from December 2013 - as answer to the video's description: Yes, indeed, the channel broadcasted in 4:3 only all way to its abrupt death.

While JimJam IT seemed to adore Hello Kitty, the only other feed to air any Hello Kitty content was Polsat JimJam, and even then it managed to broadcast only the "Hello Kitty Stump Village" stop motion cartoon.
The show premiered there in November 2014 and left at the end of May 2017 (with its last stots in late evening hours given to "Angelina Ballerina" in the following month).

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member

He was wondering and asking what’ll happen to K2 and Frisbee after merger, IF that happens. I didn’t say it’ll happen, and I found ideas from quotes in the other threads (e.g. threads like Cartoonito International Thread), if you remember.

Here’s an idea I found from that thread:

Yeah, not only the merger has to be completed (which is two or three months away), but it will take about a year reviewing assets and restructuring, so I don't expect any immediate changes to Discovery/WarnerMedia channels in 2022 (probably towards the end of the year), unless its already been pre-planned like Cartoonito being rolled out internationally.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Minimax Hungary handover to M+ from 25 January 2004. This is an abrupt handover as it cut to the 24/7 feed, but with the Minimax logo still intact. Also, by this time, the staff members' list was replaced by Balázs Láng's voiceover stating that it will be back at 05:30 CET.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

M+? What was that? The name sounds very close to A+, M+ was its "ancestor"?
M+ has nothing in common with A+.

M+ was IKO's general entertainment channel. Launched in September 2003 and timeshared with Minimax from 19:30 to 01:30. In December 2003, it got a separate channel where outside the "timesharing hours", it broadcast live from RTL Klub's "Való Világ 3". On 4 September 2004, it merged with Sport 1's Humor 1, and both channels were replaced by Cool. Its sister channel was F+ (now Film+).

BlooCNBoy02

CBBC closedown on Virgin Media yesterday. They probably won't make any way for BBC3 and its test transmissions, until the official relaunch.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

Triple post... and also a repost of two videos in a digitized form.

Minimax HUN-CZE continuities from 2004.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts