International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

kanc

Nick UK website just got an update, it's not being redirected after all...

shoohorn

If Nickelodeon India aired Back at the Barnyard (one of the few post-2000 Nicktoons to air in India) then why does TVTropes claim it was banned in India

nevocated

Genius inspiration overflow
Open Season: Call of Nature is set to debut on Nickelodeon in the UK next week Monday at 8am. So far, no promos or any acknowledgements of the show have aired. Listed below are the episodes set to air.

29/7/2024 08:00 - Welcome to Camp Wild / A Break From the Norm
30/7/2024 08:00 - The Wisdom of the Naked Mole Rats / Doommates
31/7/2024 08:00 - Duty Calls / Finding Dinkelman
1/8/2024 08:00 - The Wild Ways of Wild the Wolf / More Bang for Your Bucks
2/8/2024 08:00 - Escape From the Pet Palace
5/8/2024 08:00 - Chore and Peace / Hypno-Weenie
6/8/2024 08:00 - Shear Audacity / Karlita's Way
7/8/2024 08:00 - Father Fibber / Freaky Fried Eggs
8/8/2024 08:00 - Camp Times Two / Straight from the Horse's Mouth
9/8/2024 08:00 - Shame of Thrones / New Phone Who Dis?
12/8/2024 08:00 - Sleeping Boogie / Pets vs Pests
13/8/2024 08:00 - Camp Cave Bear
14/8/2024 08:00 - Camp Palace / Will the Real McSquizzy Please Stand Up?
15/8/2024 08:00 - Cash Camp
16/8/2024 08:00 - Treasure Island
19/8/2024 08:00 - Hunter Gatherers / There's No E in Team
20/8/2024 08:00 - Uptown Squirrel / Mother Nature's Fawn aka Coyotal Eclipse of the Fawn
21/8/2024 08:00 - The Possum Job
22/8/2024 08:00 - What the Chinook / Everybody Loves Ian
23/8/2024 08:00 - Weenie's Trailer Trash / Close Encounters of the Nutty Kind
26/8/2024 08:00 - Radio Wild / Undercover Carla
27/8/2024 08:00 - What Happens in the Wild / Squirrel Down
28/8/2024 08:00 - Clowning Around / The Deer and the Pussycat
29/8/2024 08:00 - Playing Dead / Sugar and Elliot Go At It
30/8/2024 08:00 - Fish Out of Water / Mukluk
1/9/2024 14:00 - Breaking Big / The Polar Empress

Attachments

• Screenshot_694.png
    Screenshot_694.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

Why did Nick UK alter the Victorious title sequence? They replaced Cat dancing with her at the door in a really poor edit.

I also remember them having a technical issue with the episode Jade Gets Crushed that would skip past the very integral scene of Jade singing, and when they aired iCarly in 4:3 (which means they stopped censoring this in October 2010), they cut the hammer flying at Carly in iWanna Stay with Spencer, as in the literal setup for the entire plot of the episode. The channel was a complete mess in the late 2000s and early 2010s, really, (and not just cuz of these random cuts and overzealous censorship) and of course remnants of that are still around because they don't update the prints like, at all, apart from when they remastered SpongeBob and iCarly in about 2022 and 2010 respectively.

nevocated

Why did Nick UK alter the Victorious title sequence? They replaced Cat dancing with her at the door in a really poor edit.

I also remember them having a technical issue with the episode Jade Gets Crushed that would skip past the very integral scene of Jade singing, and when they aired iCarly in 4:3 (which means they stopped censoring this in October 2010), they cut the hammer flying at Carly in iWanna Stay with Spencer, as in the literal setup for the entire plot of the episode. The channel was a complete mess in the late 2000s and early 2010s, really, (and not just cuz of these random cuts and overzealous censorship) and of course remnants of that are still around because they don't update the prints like, at all, apart from when they remastered SpongeBob and iCarly in about 2022 and 2010 respectively.
I presume that Ofcom regulations back then were really strict.

MagiaDiWinx

I presume that Ofcom regulations back then were really strict.
That makes sense for iCarly, but for Cat dancing, was it the quickly flashing background? (Look it up so you know that I mean) I don’t think there’s a risk of seizures with that.

nevocated

That makes sense for iCarly, but for Cat dancing, was it the quickly flashing background? (Look it up so you know that I mean) I don’t think there’s a risk of seizures with that.
Nickelodeon has always been quite strict towards scenes with flashing lights (SpongeBob is a major victim of this.). Nowadays they would've lowered the brightness (Which is whay they did from season 2 onwards, mainly during transition scenes.), no idea as to why they replaced that entire scene.

(Also, another funny tidbit, the website link for The Slap is instead replaced with a now-dead link for Victorious on Nickelodeon UK's website. No idea if that was also something enforced by Ofcom.)

Last edited:

MagiaDiWinx

Nickelodeon has always been quite strict towards scenes with flashing lights (SpongeBob is a major victim of this.). Nowadays they would've lowered the brightness (Which is whay they did from season 2 onwards, mainly during transition scenes.), no idea as to why they replaced that entire scene.

(Also, another funny tidbit, the website link for The Slap is instead replaced with a now-dead link for Victorious on Nickelodeon UK's website. No idea if that was also something enforced by Ofcom.)
Not because of Ofcom. They allowed the ads for iCarly.com in the iCarly credits but blurred out Twitter shirts and made the captions say “tweeps” instead of “tweets” in one scene. As for The Slap, it was US-exclusive but was briefly available outside of it for a while, so Nick UK just removed mentions of the real-life site. That includes poorly remaking the credits in some episodes and it was actualy the same one used continuously rather than customised.

The UK isn’t the only one who edited the Victorious title sequence. France removed violent scenes in S3 but it’s not actually a French regulation IIRC, it’s just Nick’s own decision.

Last edited:

Moleoman

They allowed the ads for iCarly.com in the iCarly credits but blurred out Twitter shirts and made the captions say “tweeps” instead of “tweets” in one scene.
This may have something to do with product placement behind prohibited in children's programmes in channels with British license (until February 28, 2011 it was completely forbidden in UK: Product placement on British TV gets go-ahead in 2011).

MagiaDiWinx

Is Nick Pakistan widescreen or not? It’s hard to tell. Also, why is their logo always distractingly huge, solid and animated?

It's also blatantly clear that they gave up on that channel but keep it on autopilot because of a contract or whatever.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts