Kid vs. Kat: "Beware The Were-Coop / Trick Or Threat" Episode Talkback

Game Freak 4

TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
Disney has recorded weak ratings for it, from what I read here on the forums. Many viewers, as I can tell by looking at ratings for this show, must hate it. I'm sorry to say all of this.

It may have gotten picked up for a second season, but I can't see Disney XD playing it for us anytime soon. OR EVER with how they're scheduling the eps they currently have, same said for Jimmy Two-Shoes, which I definitely love.. And I need definite solid proof that Disney XD's going to continue to show this show to us... Because I like this show.

To go off subject- Jimmy Two-Shoes, for the record- I love that show.
If it doesn't get a showing of its second announced season on Disney XD, I will lose all hope in animation until something just as good, if not better, comes out...

Sorry about this, too. But I HAD TO VENT ON HIM:
I just hate Coop so much- if he wasn't so brainwashed by that stupid sci-fi/horror comics' gimmick that "aliens are always evil", and he wasn't such an annoynace and troulbemaker to everyone around him, especially his family, who I'm confident hates him deep down, I wouldn't see him as such a failure at life... I wouldn't feel that Kat has to end him eventually for everyone's safety...
I think you're being a bit too harsh. I mean before the food shortage thing, Mr. Kat was just mesing with Coop. Making his life miserable, sometimes he did it even when Coop didn't do anything to him. And you wouldn't mind if Mr. Kat manages to actually kill him?

Hmm, early Flanderization? The characters I mean?

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Disney has recorded weak ratings for it, from what I read here on the forums. Many viewers, as I can tell by looking at ratings for this show, must hate it. I'm sorry to say all of this.

It may have gotten picked up for a second season, but I can't see Disney XD playing it for us anytime soon. OR EVER with how they're scheduling the eps they currently have, same said for Jimmy Two-Shoes, which I definitely love.. And I need definite solid proof that Disney XD's going to continue to show this show to us... Because I like this show.
There are a lot of shows on Disney XD that don’t get “great” ratings. Even “The Spectacular Spider-Man” appears to struggle. However, Disney XD knows that they need new content in order to keep their network viable, and since both “Jimmy Two-Shoes” and “Kid vs. Kat” are co-productions, Disney XD can add them to the schedule at half of the cost. Besides, while the ratings for them haven’t been the best, they have done better than some of their other premieres, most notably “Yin Yang Yo!”.

You should also keep in mind that we don’t know the full picture when it comes to the ratings; all we have is a snapshot that reveals a small amount of information about a specific demographic. Also, what people say on forums isn’t indicative of a series’ success.

Milligan

The Commander of Neo Arcadia
I think you're being a bit too harsh. I mean before the food shortage thing, Mr. Kat was just mesing with Coop. Making his life miserable, sometimes he did it even when Coop didn't do anything to him. And you wouldn't mind if Mr. Kat manages to actually kill him?

Hmm, early Flanderization? The characters I mean?

I just think Coop needs to hear the real story of why Kat's even here before overreacting and overassuming what he does not even know IMHO, if not, the truth, if at least to take the show in a more serious direction as it nears a point where it needs to end.

Hopefully if it does come to Disney XD, we'll get a promising and heartwarming ending between him and Kat. That'll make up for I how I feel about him now indefinitely.

As for the food shortage thing, that should have happened from the start. That way, we can sympathize that when Kat attacks the boy, it was out of self-defense. Can't say it'll do any good for Coop's character, but at least the end result is a show that takes itself more seriously...
Not to mention, it'll teach a strong lesson that'll give people something good to reflect on as they watch: don't judge people by how they look or act on first sight. Think about it...

There are a lot of shows on Disney XD that don’t get “great” ratings. Even “The Spectacular Spider-Man” appears to struggle. However, Disney XD knows that they need new content in order to keep their network viable, and since both “Jimmy Two-Shoes” and “Kid vs. Kat” are co-productions, Disney XD can add them to the schedule at half of the cost. Besides, while the ratings for them haven’t been the best, they have done better than some of their other premieres, most notably “Yin Yang Yo!”.

You should also keep in mind that we don’t know the full picture when it comes to the ratings; all we have is a snapshot that reveals a small amount of information about a specific demographic. Also, what people say on forums isn’t indicative of a series’ success.

Agreed. And I'm glad Disney XD knows that.
I just don't want these series' to go the path of Yin Yang Yo, BTW. Unlike Yin Yang Yo, This show respectively, and Jimmy Two-Shoes especailly, show off and posess potential.
Shows like this need to stay on Disney XD.
I guess my fear of what happened to Chowder finally got the best of me with those earlier statements...
As for relying too much on demographics, that's just "meh".

Proxy

Even if Mr kat's people are starving,Coop's action are in self defense .He won't let kat do anything because he's probably extremely paranoid after an alien tried to kill him in his sleep & no one believed him .Believing Kat is an invader is a reasonable response (when kat has built weapons to destroy him before)especially for a 10 year old .If kat was a protagonist he would try to at least explain him self instead of trying to eliminate coop every morning

Milligan

Even if Mr kat's people are starving,Coop's action are in self defense .He won't let kat do anything because he's probably extremely paranoid after an alien tried to kill him in his sleep & no one believed him .Believing Kat is an invader is a reasonable response (when kat has built weapons to destroy him before)especially for a 10 year old .If kat was a protagonist he would try to at least explain him self instead of trying to eliminate coop every morning

It's no wonder Coop doesn't want to know the truth behind why Kat's here.

It's sad how his people are starving, but his failure to explain himself only made things hard for Kat.

Too bad at the same time, Coop's paranoia has made him an animal abuser of the highest order.

Both characters need help IMHO.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
It's sad how his people are starving, but his failure to explain himself only made things hard for Kat.
Well, it’s not like he can talk. However, I’m not sure if his people are actually starving. I think, if anything, they’ve just grown fond of Fishy Frisky Bits and want as much of the stuff as possible. Even if they were starving, Mr. Kat has shown flimsy dedication to his cause. He has grown fond of the “good life” and has shown on several occasions that he puts his own interests above that of others. His superiors have been upset with him at more than one point in the series.

judyindisguise

It's no wonder Coop doesn't want to know the truth behind why Kat's here.

Too bad at the same time, Coop's paranoia has made him an animal abuser of the highest order.

Both characters need help IMHO.

Bottom line, Coop destroyed Kat's collar out of selfishness. He personally didn't like the cat and wanted to get rid of him, never mind how Millie felt about it. And that busted collar is the reason Kat is still here on Earth, apparently, and so Coop pretty much deserves what Kat dishes out. And anyway, from what I've seen, Kat usually ignores Coop until the kid gets nosy.

I can't really feel sorry for Coop at all at this point. I did in the beginning, in fact I liked him a lot, but I think he's a pesky brat now. As for Kat, he is pretty ruthless and can be unpleasant, but he's still the more interesting and, occasionally, even likable character.

Mesousa

Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy
From what I've played, looking at Disney XD's rating around here, This show (and Jimmy Two-Shoes), though I like it (and Jimmy Two-Shoes), are doing poorly in the ratings. They'll vanish soon if this is true.
Then again, with how these shows are getting from recent viewing, it's not surprising how they're being treated.

Which isn't fair, really, but then XD had to throw live-action stuff that already aired in Disney Channel, and the stupid thing is, they're getting ratings.

Heck, JTS airs after Phineas & Ferb, and instead to stick around, kids actually change the channel instead of sticking around. What a load. :shrug:

Milligan

Bottom line, Coop destroyed Kat's collar out of selfishness. He personally didn't like the cat and wanted to get rid of him, never mind how Millie felt about it. And that busted collar is the reason Kat is still here on Earth, apparently, and so Coop pretty much deserves what Kat dishes out. And anyway, from what I've seen, Kat usually ignores Coop until the kid gets nosy.

I can't really feel sorry for Coop at all at this point. I did in the beginning, in fact I liked him a lot, but I think he's a pesky brat now. As for Kat, he is pretty ruthless and can be unpleasant, but he's still the more interesting and, occasionally, even likable character.

Kat is likable, even if the only reason is to feel bead for how he's beating treated by a jerk/ nosy brat/ paranoid troublemaker like Coop and his stupid friend who he drags into this trash of a relationship on a regular basis.

judyindisguise

Did we watch the same episode? Coop took Mr. Kat’s collar in hopes of finding his owner; he didn’t go out of his way to destroy it. Mr. Kat attacked Coop and that got the collar destroyed.

And he wanted to find Kat's owner to get rid of him. If he'd left the collar alone, it wouldn't have been destroyed. Kat was just defending his property.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
And he wanted to find Kat's owner to get rid of him. If he'd left the collar alone, it wouldn't have been destroyed. Kat was just defending his property.
We’ve had this debate before. In the real world, most people would look at a stray animal’s collar in order to find information about its owner so that it can be returned. Combined with the fact that Coop’s father even mentioned finding its original owner, there was nothing wrong with what Coop did. It was the natural thing to do.

Game Freak 4

TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
Kat is likable, even if the only reason is to feel bead for how he's beating treated by a jerk/ nosy brat/ paranoid troublemaker like Coop and his stupid friend who he drags into this trash of a relationship on a regular basis.
Troublemaker?! Coop wasn't always that one that starts the fights. He was just defening! vAnd considering how Mr. Kat acts, I wouldn't blame him, especially if an unusual creature tried to kill me, as well.

Shiloh Otter

Anxiety in the house
Considering how Mr. Kat acts, I personally think he's a nuisance and I'd try to get rid of him faster than you can say "freeze".

Milligan

Troublemaker?! Coop wasn't always that one that starts the fights. He was just defening! vAnd considering how Mr. Kat acts, I wouldn't blame him, especially if an unusual creature tried to kill me, as well.

You forget that no one likes Coop as it is. He barely has any friends and him and his family don't get along well- then again Millie is impossible to get along with, due to her being such a spoiled brat and hogging the father's time with the boy, causing him to want to be the center of attention so much... It's just pathetic, really.

Considering how Mr. Kat acts, I personally think he's a nuisance and I'd try to get rid of him faster than you can say "freeze".

Just as long as Coop is eventually forced to know the truth behind Kat being here, now that it's been introduced...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.

Featured Posts