Kim Howitt Hired For Cartoon Network

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
"Cartoon Network has hired Kim Howitt to oversee creative development of its third-party animation, co-pros and live action for the pre-kindergarten, kids and family demos.

Kim will also be working closely with the development teams at Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros. animation studios, as well as with WarnerMedia Kids and Family VP of content acquisitions and co-productions Adina Pitt .

At the same time, Adina is taking on an expanded role leading kids and family acquisitions, co-pros and content partnerships across linear and streaming in the US. She will also be handling those areas of business for linear in LatAm.

Before joining Cartoon Network, Kim was head of development for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Productions for nearly six years. She has also worked as a consultant for NBCUniversal’s Sprout and FremantleMedia, and she spent 11 years at Nickelodeon as a senior development executive.

These latest personnel announcements come on the heels of Cartoon Network hiring Amy Friedman as head of kids and family programming for Cartoon Network and Boomerang in November. And last week, Tom Ascheim announced the kidcaster’s plans to more directly target girls with its content and create preschool and family blocks on Cartoon Network."

tykroma94

"Cartoon Network has hired Kim Howitt to oversee creative development of its third-party animation, co-pros and live action for the pre-kindergarten, kids and family demos.

Kim will also be working closely with the development teams at Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros. animation studios, as well as with WarnerMedia Kids and Family VP of content acquisitions and co-productions Adina Pitt .

At the same time, Adina is taking on an expanded role leading kids and family acquisitions, co-pros and content partnerships across linear and streaming in the US. She will also be handling those areas of business for linear in LatAm.

Before joining Cartoon Network, Kim was head of development for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Productions for nearly six years. She has also worked as a consultant for NBCUniversal’s Sprout and FremantleMedia, and she spent 11 years at Nickelodeon as a senior development executive.

These latest personnel announcements come on the heels of Cartoon Network hiring Amy Friedman as head of kids and family programming for Cartoon Network and Boomerang in November. And last week, Tom Ascheim announced the kidcaster’s plans to more directly target girls with its content and create preschool and family blocks on Cartoon Network."

So this news basically means she is going to handle all of the co-pros and third party show acquisitions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToonsJazzLover

I hope we get more third party shows. The only ones airing at this moment are Ninjago (the oldest show still on the air for CN) and Bakugan. But knowing CN they’re going to waste them and give them death slots

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts