Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

Orange Mo

orangemo
I don't believe so. Archive.org doesn't have them. No videos of the opening and closing of them are on YouTube either. I suppose that a lot of people really want more volumes of this series so they are not uploading the new restorations so more people can buy them to get them, therefore causing more sales, therefore causing more volumes to be made.

Getting back on topic to the discussion of "Dubbed Versions", you probably know this already, i've recently found uploads of the "Dubbed Versions" of the cartoons Inki and the Minah Bird, (this doesn't feature an altered end card like most of the silent Looney Tunes shorts) and Flop Goes the Weasel (the uploader also uploaded a "Dubbed Version" of Nothing but the Tooth but I don't know if that version was already found yet). Interesting how they bothered to actually give "Dubbed Versions" to these shorts, wondering if this gives credibility to the rumor that the Censored 11 had "Dubbed Versions".
Where are these at?

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
Ling Bing has uploaded the titles to a print of a Fox and Crow cartoon distributed by Columbia with Looney Tunes titles

Last edited by a moderator:

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
Sorry for double posting, but to answer my own question earlier in the thread, Rift Raffy Daffy is indeed re-restored on Looney Tunes: Collectors Choice Vol 3. And it looks much better too (though unfortunately, the original Technicolor negatives were not used as they are (as I feared it would be) lost). Here's a comparison between the old restoration and the new restoration:

Attachments

• rrd.jpg
    rrd.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 45
  • LIM9gZG (1).png
    LIM9gZG (1).png
    939.8 KB · Views: 40

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Sorry for double posting, but to answer my own question earlier in the thread, Rift Raffy Daffy is indeed re-restored on Looney Tunes: Collectors Choice Vol 3. And it looks much better too (though unfortunately, the original Technicolor negatives were not used as they are (as I feared it would be) lost). Here's a comparison between the old restoration and the new restoration:
the same master is used, I knew it from the start. All they did is adjust the colors on the Blu-ray

Orange Mo

orangemo
Inki:
Flop:
Inki seems like a proto-Turner print.

I guess they made European copies, but as far as I know, no American Turner dubbed prints were made for various shorts.

The old restoration was the 1998 "THIS VERSION" print which was in SD. Hence for HD they had to be restored again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
HBO MAX (I'm not calling it just MAX) has recently announced that 130 Looney Tunes shorts (mostly the post-1950 ones removed at the beginning of 2023 such as What's Opera Doc, Rabbit Fire and One Froggy Evening) will be added on March 1st at the expense of 130 Looney Tunes shorts that are already on HBO MAX being removed from there (the announcement doesn't specify but I think that they will be most of the pre-1950 Looney Tunes shorts). Article here: MSN

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
I think this is all of the languages that the "dubbed version" prints of the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies shorts were officially lip-sync-dubbed into for broadcast on Cartoon Network and Boomerang feeds worldwide:
  • Bulgarian
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Greek
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Norwegian
  • Polish
  • Brazilian Portuguese
  • European Portuguese
  • Romanian
  • Russian
  • Latin American Spanish
  • Swedish
  • Turkish

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Weren's some of them also dubbed in European Spanish? Or in that case, they used the Latin variants altogether for absolutely all of the shorts?

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts