"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

"I don't think so because we've gone so far to create a non-X-Men universe backstory for my character," Olsen said. "Now, it's the reason that we're connected to the Vision. The Stone is his head is the Stone that gave me my powers so we've really just kind of leaned into the Stones, I feel like. So, I don't think so, but if there like a Michael Fassbender being my daddy crossover, I would say, 'Yes, please.' I love Michael Fassbender."

This is very important to consider. We don't know what MARVEL will do with X-Men, (and as I have written here beforehand) they have to face the Magneto issue. I have a feeling Feige will do as they are with Spider-Man and tackle some other villains. Though, somehow I can't imagine they'll completely ignore Wanda and Peter being tied to Avengers.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm still pulling for a Captain Marvel appearance ;).
Me, too. They never revealed when Carter retired but I'm guessing it was the early 1990s. But the odds of the Director and a freshman grunt meeting... also curious to see if there was a director between her and Fury. During that flurry of papers in Winter Soldier, if I recall one seemed to imply GW Bridge was in the mix in 1991 when Stark was assassinated.

the greenman

Me, too. They never revealed when Carter retired but I'm guessing it was the early 1990s. But the odds of the Director and a freshman grunt meeting... also curious to see if there was a director between her and Fury. During that flurry of papers in Winter Soldier, if I recall one seemed to imply GW Bridge was in the mix in 1991 when Stark was assassinated.
Would they have the rights to him?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Would they have the rights to him?
It's a coin toss. After awhile, it's hard to say what the rules are. By 2019, Disney will have the rights if all goes well with the merge. Then again, could be Rick Stoner. AOS just revealed he was with SHIELD in the late 70s but he'd be past his 50s in the 90s in theory.

Frontier

Staff member
The Russos name drop Secret Wars as something they might be interested in post-merger.
I wonder if they would do something like the original Secret Wars or if they would use something more like the Jonathan Hickman one to justify the merging of universes that would lead to the appearance of Mutants and the Fantastic Four into the Marvel Universe...

It would probably be a pretty neat way of introducing the FF and Doom into the MCU ;).

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
They've said more than once that phase 4 will be even more cosmic, so this wouldn't surprise me. And wasn't Thanos somehow related to the Eternals? They could tie that in. I guess this also works as a replacement for the Inhumans movie.

Frontier

Staff member
They've said more than once that phase 4 will be even more cosmic, so this wouldn't surprise me. And wasn't Thanos somehow related to the Eternals? They could tie that in. I guess this also works as a replacement for the Inhumans movie.
I think the Titans were an offshoot of the Eternals but I could be completely wrong about that :sweat:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I think the Titans were an offshoot of the Eternals but I could be completely wrong about that :sweat:.

You're always pretty knowledgeable about this stuff, so I'll take your word for it. :)

In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if an Eternals movie dealt with some of the fallout of IW.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The history is... hard to digest. I think the Titans are a group within the Eternals race. So the Celestials experimented on humans, which led to an off shoot of beings called Eternals and Titans are a group/colony within the Eternals, and Thanos is a Titan born with an affliction, the Deviant Syndrome which is basically a Mutant in the Eternal race... hrm.

Frontier

Staff member
The history is... hard to digest. I think the Titans are a group within the Eternals race. So the Celestials experimented on humans, which led to an off shoot of beings called Eternals and Titans are a group/colony within the Eternals, and Thanos is a Titan born with an affliction, the Deviant Syndrome which is basically a Mutant in the Eternal race... hrm.
I think that's about the gist of it. And then you throw in the Skrulls, the Inhumans, and the Kree :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts