"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, they definitely revealing more about the Disney+ titles at D23. I think they'll refrain from talking about it at SDCC. In 2017 I think, they did reveal some of the new actors in Ant-Man and The Wasp and gushed about the upcoming movies. Hmm, maybe the same here, intro a some of the new actors in Black Widow then show a partial line up of movies - basically confirm the ones we know about, but show a fuller line up at D23 with some surprises of what else is in the pipeline. Maybe tease what the theme for the next saga/phase will be. Pretty sure they will take the time to honor Stan Lee.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If I had to guess, I think they would reveal Phase 4 plans here at SDCC, and the D23 Expo would focus mostly on the Disney+ stuff (i.e., the Marvel TV shows, not the theatrical releases). But I guess we'll see.

reflection01

If I had to guess, I think they would reveal Phase 4 plans here at SDCC, and the D23 Expo would focus mostly on the Disney+ stuff (i.e., the Marvel TV shows, not the theatrical releases). But I guess we'll see.

I think the same although I’ll add that they may reveal when the FF will join the MCU at D23. They’ll officially be welcoming Fox into the fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the greenman

I think the same although I’ll add that they may reveal when the FF will join the MCU at D23. They’ll officially be welcoming Fox into the fold.

I don't think we'll get any FOX characters this turn. However, Deadpool 3 will be addressed, and I think Reynolds will be there. Supposedly, FOX will release that and probably Disney will step back from it.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

brodie999

I don't think we'll get any FOX characters this turn. However, Deadpool 3 will be addressed, and I think Reynolds will be there. Supposedly, FOX will release that and probably Disney will step back from it.

Feige did say they've mapped out a 5-year Phase 4 plan which doesn't include the X-Men. He didn't say anything about the FF. So they might do another fake-out. Only to reveal the new MCU FF reboot at Comic-Con. They've done a pretty good job with Civil War in 2014.

the greenman

Far From Home spoilers in this article but to sum the tidbit up, while a story for the 3rd Spider-Man movie isn't chosen yet, when asked if it were up to him on choosing the next villain - Watts said he would pick Kraven.
Honestly, the solo film idea only sounds good for me to flesh him out before he meets Spider-Man. An hour & a half set-up film where he is the best of hunters and heard of a Black Panther but, is presented with the monetary gift from cuz Chameleon to hunt Spider-Man.

brodie999

With Marvel Studios having a 90-minute panel at Hail H on the 20th, this'll be the longest panel in history. It also gives us enough time to reveal the next 5 years of MCU movies. With Sony balling out of Comic-Con, hopefully, this means Marvel will announce the MCU Spider-Man threequel themselves.

Frontier

Staff member
Far From Home spoilers in this article but to sum the tidbit up, while a story for the 3rd Spider-Man movie isn't chosen yet, when asked if it were up to him on choosing the next villain - Watts said he would pick Kraven.
Of course it would be Kraven, he's like the only really big Lee/Ditko villain that hasn't been in the movies yet ;).

reflection01

I'm skeptical. I mean, a billion? That's just such a high mark, and seems way too demanding.

Seems like it but it’s only $120M more than Homecoming and less than eight MCU films. But it seems like a dirty trick by Sony considering it’s considerably more than their last two Spidey films made.

Freddy

Seems like it but it’s only $120M more than Homecoming and less than eight MCU films. But it seems like a dirty trick by Sony considering it’s considerably more than their last two Spidey films made.

It's more than any of their Spidey movies have done.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
It is currently at 600+ million and considering that Stuber and Crawl aren't going to do anything this weekend it should easily be able worldwide to get another 200 something million this weekend to get 800+ and even with competition of Lion King 2019 and Hobbs and Shaw in the coming weeks the fact it does have positive reviews and replayability should be able to score it a billion. I mean Captain Marvel made over a billion so I don't think it's too out there for this movie to do so.

Still I have a lot of doubts about how authentic that deal is. Yeah we do know that the original deal between Sony and Marvel was for 5 pictures for Spider Man to appear in the MCU and after that they'd have to renegioate and we do know Sony wants to keep the rights to Spider Man to make their own Spider Man related movies. However the team at the MCU isn't stupid and wouldn't have put so much time into making these movies and making this second one that DEMANDS a third MCU Spider Man film if they thought there was any chance they couldn't make that movie. And though Spider Man films are a huge brand they've yet to clear that billion mark and though the July release date is solid it's not as solid as some of the other release dates for getting to that high a number. So I don't think Marvel would take such a risk with that stipulation even if/when this movie gets to a billion.

the greenman

It is currently at 600+ million and considering that Stuber and Crawl aren't going to do anything this weekend it should easily be able worldwide to get another 200 something million this weekend to get 800+ and even with competition of Lion King 2019 and Hobbs and Shaw in the coming weeks the fact it does have positive reviews and replayability should be able to score it a billion. I mean Captain Marvel made over a billion so I don't think it's too out there for this movie to do so.

Still I have a lot of doubts about how authentic that deal is. Yeah we do know that the original deal between Sony and Marvel was for 5 pictures for Spider Man to appear in the MCU and after that they'd have to renegioate and we do know Sony wants to keep the rights to Spider Man to make their own Spider Man related movies. However the team at the MCU isn't stupid and wouldn't have put so much time into making these movies and making this second one that DEMANDS a third MCU Spider Man film if they thought there was any chance they couldn't make that movie. And though Spider Man films are a huge brand they've yet to clear that billion mark and though the July release date is solid it's not as solid as some of the other release dates for getting to that high a number. So I don't think Marvel would take such a risk with that stipulation even if/when this movie gets to a billion.
Disney/Marvel allows Sony that release date. Remember when they were making this deal, Disney bumped "Pirates" for Homecoming in July.

brodie999

Actually, this rumour is completely false. It's unlikely Sony would end their partnership with Marvel even if the movie "only" made $900 millio, which won't happen because it's likely to hit $1 billion. Marvel needs Spider-Man in the MCU to help Sony keep making money,

reflection01

It seems ridiculous because the current deal seems to be working well for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts