"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

The thing going on between Disney and Sony thus Spider-Man leaving the MCU. The thing that really sucks about it for me at least is because now we most likely won't see Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) with the Avenger or hanging out with Carol Danvers in the MCU. Well, I pretty sure Sony owns the rights to Jess I might be wrong though.
I don't think Sony ever owned Spider-Woman at all. I think especially since she was a secret agent she was kinda disconnected from Spider-Man.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Marvel owns the name Jessica Drew along with her origin, while Sony owns the name Spider-Woman her costume and her powerset. Seems like you can have one without the other coming to an agreement.

the greenman

Marvel owns the name Jessica Drew along with her origin, while Sony owns the name Spider-Woman her costume and her powerset. Seems like you can have one without the other coming to an agreement.
Oh, so that's how it is. Ay caramba! These companies need to get things worked out.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Kristen Stewart reveals she was told to tone down her sexuality if she ever wanted a Marvel role.
Before I read the article I thought it was her feminine sexuality. The actual issue was even worse :eek:.

To be honest I could kind of see this from Ike Perlmutter. he seems like that kind of old-school conservative from what I've read about him :confused:.
Robert Pattinson reveals he met with Marvel around the time Guardians of the Galaxy came out but nothing came of it.
I wonder if they were looking for a specific role...if it's around GoTG, the only thing I figure they could've been casting for would be Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Before I read the article I thought it was her feminine sexuality. The actual issue was even worse :eek:.

To be honest I could kind of see this from Ike Perlmutter. he seems like that kind of old-school conservative from what I've read about him :confused:.
My thoughts exactly.

I wonder if they were looking for a specific role...if it's around GoTG, the only thing I figure they could've been casting for would be Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.
I could kinda seem him being considered for Stephen Strange if they couldn't get Cumberbatch at the time.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Yeah I 100% believe this was around the time Robert Pattinson was talking about IE around Guardians of the Galaxy. When Stewart and Pattinson were still big names just from they're Twilight work and haven't yet really carved out a niche outside of it. Because there's no way NOW anyone at the head of Marvel would have that issue when Eternals and Thor: Love and Thunder are pushing for LBGQT! characters and would have a problem with a bisexual actor. Again that's the kind of toxic hate that really makes you wonder how Perlmutter had his job for as long as he did if he could actually get away with saying that to an actor. Just makes me so happy how his racist and sexist ideals have been proven so pathetic with how profitable non white male starring Marvel movies can do.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

That doesn't keep clickbait websites or so-called social media insiders from running fake casting news and spreading it around.

Kristen Stewart reveals she was told to tone down her sexuality if she ever wanted a Marvel role.

The article never says who told her that. It's left very vague. For all we know, it could've been a manager or an agent that told her and no one close to Marvel/Disney. Just saying.

It's a provocative statement. It's a scandalous, headline grabbing, click baiting statement, but it's still a very vague one.

I'm not saying it's a lie, but anyone could've told her that.

Last edited:

the greenman

I can understand not doing Doom as the first major villain since that was the case in the last cinematic iterations of the FF...that way you can build up to him ;).
The problem with most of the main comicbook films were using the same tropes:

Hero origin
Love interest
Arch Enemy

Some of the films are trying to change things up abit. Black Panther did a little as well, as Ant-Man. FOX relied too heavily on using Magneto and Dr. Doom. They originally said they were gonna use Mole Man in Fan4stic.

Frontier

Staff member

Hero origin
Love interest
Arch Enemy

Some of the films are trying to change things up abit. Black Panther did a little as well, as Ant-Man. FOX relied too heavily on using Magneto and Dr. Doom. They originally said they were gonna use Mole Man in Fan4stic.

Well, it's a formula that works for the most part depending on the execution.

Black Panther only kind of excluded the origin since the main thrust of it happened in Civil War but we still got the nemesis and the love interest established in the first movie.

Ant-Man was a less established or defined character so there was probably less of a need for that kind of stuff.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

Hero origin
Love interest
Arch Enemy

Black Panther from a basic perspective still uses all those tropes.

Ant-Man and the Wasp didn't really do much better. Ghost was pretty much an after-thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts