"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I could always use more Elsa :).
That and I won't argue against more horror themed stories in the MCU. I'll always say it, it's about dang time. Can't wait to see what Elsa does next. If it's a special, probably a hunt-of-the-week story?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member

the greenman

I don't think this came up before but apparently Wonder Man will also be under the "Marvel Spotlight" banner.

Also, more of a topic for Marvel Animation but to keep the topic up to date, the trailer for season 2 of What If? was posted. It premieres on December 22 and there will be a new episode every day until December 30.
I'm sorry, but putting a Fantastic four team in the show, before their film comes out is really kinda weird IMHO.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Granted we don't exactly know the context for all the upcoming What If? episodes but nothing really seemed to hint at a Fantastic Four team, at least to me.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
This is too many shows. This is too much homework. This is the precise reason the movies are starting to bomb. They need to pull back PRONTO.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well that's what Bob Iger said months ago as he's also realized how much of a problem that is. And I think the Marvels (which yeah to get the most of requires watching Wandavision AND Miss Marvel which is a big reason why it did so poorly) made that doubly clear to Marvel Studios so I expect there will be less shows going forward. Problem is Marvel is already in various stages of production on a lot of series and unlike say DC they don't have execs who are going to just try writing off these series even if they finish up thus there are still a fair amount of series to get through BEFORE they can fully put that practice into place. I have a feeling though especially if this upcoming season of What If and Echo show better optics then Secret Invasion, we may be fully done with the one a week formula the other series had.

the greenman

Well, Feige kinda reneged on his promises of the films are for anyone to come and watch. I think he was saying this before he took over television arms. Which was true, but by tying them together at this point is messy.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Well that's what Bob Iger said months ago as he's also realized how much of a problem that is. And I think the Marvels (which yeah to get the most of requires watching Wandavision AND Miss Marvel which is a big reason why it did so poorly) made that doubly clear to Marvel Studios so I expect there will be less shows going forward. Problem is Marvel is already in various stages of production on a lot of series and unlike say DC they don't have execs who are going to just try writing off these series even if they finish up thus there are still a fair amount of series to get through BEFORE they can fully put that practice into place. I have a feeling though especially if this upcoming season of What If and Echo show better optics then Secret Invasion, we may be fully done with the one a week formula the other series had.
They definitely need to take 2024 to really re-assess and plan things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.
It's been 17 years and 17 days since the Problem Solverz pilot for Adult Swim (Neon Knome) was made! Even though I do prefer the final product, I think this pilot would make for a good series on [as].
Episode 2 of The Amazing Digital Circus just crossed the 100 million views mark!

I dont know if CNNickFan is a new member or an old one I didnt notice before but I loved their post on Jamie Kellner. A much needed voice of Reason

Featured Posts