"Marvel's Spider-Man: Far From Home" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm always up for more Hawkeye. He's been a bit of a mentor to Scarlet Witch. Given he's exonerated by the time of this sequel, perhaps he'd take an interest in un-retiring again.

Last edited:

Peter Parker

I haven't read any of the posts here. But if this movie is after Infinity War, then it might mean something. Supposedly, The old Avengers will die except maybe Stark because um...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I feel like if Homecoming was a coming of age story about Peter showing that he is capable of taking on bigger threats. I feel the sequel will follow the same premise but with a different, let's just say, plot. I personally think Kraven or Ock will be the villain. Though Kraven makes more sense, here's why. If The Avengers die, this could upset Peter and Kraven could try to use that to his advantage. Turn Peter into the ultimate killing machine by twisting his emotions. It could be an emotional journey for Peter. Black suit would work perfectly for this too, as it will send Peter deeper into that dark manipulative pit. Then in the third movie, Venom could appear and it could be a sort of "mastering of training" story where Spidey must use all he has learned against Venom to beat him. It could close Spider-Man movies strongly in my opinion

the greenman

I haven't read any of the posts here. But if this movie is after Infinity War, then it might mean something. Supposedly, The old Avengers will die except maybe Stark because um...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I feel like if Homecoming was a coming of age story about Peter showing that he is capable of taking on bigger threats. I feel the sequel will follow the same premise but with a different, let's just say, plot. I personally think Kraven or Ock will be the villain. Though Kraven makes more sense, here's why. If The Avengers die, this could upset Peter and Kraven could try to use that to his advantage. Turn Peter into the ultimate killing machine by twisting his emotions. It could be an emotional journey for Peter. Black suit would work perfectly for this too, as it will send Peter deeper into that dark manipulative pit. Then in the third movie, Venom could appear and it could be a sort of "mastering of training" story where Spidey must use all he has learned against Venom to beat him. It could close Spider-Man movies strongly in my opinion
Karate Kid 3? Sure why not.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

RoryWilliams

The movie will take place after Infinity War, which will inform the plot.

Civil War, Homecoming, we’ve already shot a lot of Tom Holland’s scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we’re just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 – we won’t call it that, whatever it is – which is exciting because it’ll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019. It’ll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point.

I'm curiously about this because they'd expressed a desire to keep him in high school as long as possible, but that might be tough.

Frontier

Staff member
I think they can probably get two more movies out of Peter in high school, at the most, which fits with each movie taking place in a different year of Peter in high school :).

I am really curious to see what they mean by "launch him into a very new cinematic universe at that point" because it implies the world of the MCU (and probably The Avengers) will be much different post-Infinity War as was the case in Civil War.

Could Spider-Man be on the post-Infinity War Avengers roster? Or will Spidey be one of the only prominent heroes left after the fight with Thanos o_O?

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
If there's a body count in IW, I guess we could also see a mourning/more intense Peter compared to the first Homecoming.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That made me think of high school students when 9/11 happened. The notion of the post-IW MCU starting from Spider-Man's POV feels like a similar instance - a major event like that and its affect.

the greenman

Kevin Feige confirms they do reference
Miles
in Homecoming and that he does exist in this universe. Wonder if that plays into what they are thinking about for sequels.
Pretty much. In the vein of Iron Man 2 featuring War Machine and Captain America TWS featuring Falcon. I wouldn't be surprised if they had plans for Bill Foster in Ant Man and Wasp.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I'm all for it! If they introduce Miles in the sequel, the third film should be a team-up called "Spider-Men", or something.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm honestly surprised they're touching on Miles this early, right down to confirming he exists :eek:.

Particularly given Holland's probably in it for the long haul as Spidey and is too young to have a successor o_O.

I also don't know I feel about introducing Miles as MCU Peter's sidekick :sweat:.

Peter Parker

Karate Kid 3? Sure why not.

Hahahaha, well not exactly
Think more TASM2 video game Kraven story meets the Symbiote Saga from Spider-Man TAS.

BUT supposedly Venom isn't gonna appear. Damn! So much for that idea...

also yay miles

Peter Parker

I'm curious, if they are setting up Sinister 6 without anyone who has appeared before, who would we have? Vulture, Shocker and Scorpion are basically confirmed for the supposed team but who are the other three? Well, Tinkerer did make Mysterio's suit, and Jon did mention Chameleon and Morbius. So, Vulture, Scorpion, Morbius, Shocker, Chameleon and Mysterio

the greenman

7/24: Feige says Homecoming's ending won't be addressed for a few years:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/2...kicking-off-marvel-cinematic-universe-phase-4

We also asked him how long it will take to find out what Aunt May thinks of Peter being Spider-Man, be it in Avengers: Infinity War or all the way until that Homecoming sequel. "I think it might be a few years," Feige teased.

8/30: The writers from Homecoming return for sequel:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-homecoming-writers-returning-sequel-1033928

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts