"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Moe

The prices are going up , unless you use ads like me
Also customers who are on YouTube TV Entertainment Plus like me are unaffected too, so they offer HBO Max (ads free), Paramount+ with Showtime (ads free) and Starz for $30 per month - $10 per premium channel service.

There is a catch, have base YouTube TV is required to take advantage of this offer.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I tried searching for Gone With the Wind the other day, and it didn’t show up. I figured it must have been removed but then I remembered I had it on my watchlist. It’s playable from there so it’s kind of like it’s hidden. So is this some sort of glitch or something else?

Moe

I tried searching for Gone With the Wind the other day, and it didn’t show up. I figured it must have been removed but then I remembered I had it on my watchlist. It’s playable from there so it’s kind of like it’s hidden. So is this some sort of glitch or something else?
Gone With the Wind is still on Max streaming website and Max app on Apple TV.

Yes, it seems glitch with specific app version or their server.

You can check - https://www.justwatch.com/ to see if content gets removed and goes to different streaming services.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
The Max brand is failing. Max Originals are being rebranded as HBO Originals.

Normally, I would be annoyed by this (just every other WBD wacky shenanigans), but to fair, this decision makes sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for what I understand, HBO and Max are different brands producing the same content, fulfilling the same purpose. So it wouldn't make sense to keep both names around when focusing on one recognizable name like HBO, makes Max more valuable. For that, I have no problem with it.

Though, that got me thinking, would Fionna and Cake counts as a HBO Original?

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
It looks as though Warner Bros. Discovery has shown some interest in combining Max with Paramount Plus, although nothing is concrete yet.

Now, keep in mind that this would just be a joint venture between the 2 streaming services, not a merger between the 2 studios. If this were to happen, I wonder what this would mean for that new Disney+, Hulu and Max bundle that's supposed to be announced this summer.

Last edited:

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
It looks as though Warner Bros. Discovery has shown some interest in combining Max with Paramount Plus, although nothing is concrete yet.

I wonder what this would mean for that new Disney+, Hulu and Max bundle that's supposed to be announced this summer.
Unless it was a bundle, sure. But combing them together? I just don't see it happening. Besides, both Paramount and WBD are already in billions of debt anyway, so I don't see them coming back from this.

Also, is it Max bundling with Disney Plus and Hulu? Would that create conflict of interest?

Yes, I get it, it's not 100% confirmed, but.....(SMH).....come on. This streaming ego trip is already getting on my nerves. Wake me up when CN Classic library is coming back on Max..

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Yeah, most likely, this would be a bundle. I don't see WBD wanting to merge Max and Paramount+ into a single streaming service. But earlier this year, Max was supposed to be bundling with Disney+ and Hulu. Is that no longer a thing?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The idea is one app/site , Paramount talked to Peacock about this too. I'm not against the idea Paramount Plus doesn't really need to exist , it's time to not have 724 streaming services. I think I might lean more Peacock and Paramount Plus where everything is just under Peacock more. It'd help Peacock out with programming beyond sport. CBS and NBC live together would be nice. Of course , there might be a bad set back there somewhere because our companies aren't run by their best. I'd want everything to just return to being multiple companies on Hulu but ehhh.

This is from CNBC who reported this first , they are talking merged not bundled.

A merged streaming service would mitigate churn by giving customers more diverse programming and fewer reasons to cancel each month, and it could take Paramount+ losses off Paramount Global’s balance sheet by giving it new ownership.
The first part is more like they wish that wouldn't happen.

While a structure for a hypothetical joint venture with Warner Bros. Discovery hasn’t been discussed in detail, ownership likely wouldn’t be a 50-50 split given the existing natures of the streaming assets and their finances, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Several media executives said privately they expect Peacock, Paramount+, Max and Disney could ultimately team up their programming within one application to alleviate confusion and compete with Netflix, which dominates the subscription streaming industry with about 270 million global subscribers.
That wouldn't be bad.

Yeah, most likely, this would be a bundle. I don't see WBD wanting to merge Max and Paramount+ into a single streaming service. But earlier this year, Max was supposed to be bundling with Disney+ and Hulu. Is that no longer a thing?
It hasn't come out yet.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
But earlier this year, Max was supposed to be bundling with Disney+ and Hulu. Is that no longer a thing?
I'm pretty sure the Max, Disney Plus and Hulu bundle is still in the cards. It just weird timing that they announced it now when there's already a new bundle coming.

Besides, didn't Paramount already in talks with Peacock not too long ago?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts